Blue Collar Diamond joins the Symphony - 4/27

Bill, I just saw that you started your review - earlier this week! Not sure how I missed it, but I’m here now!

We had a great time all week on Symphony, and enjoyed meeting you and Gina, Jon and Penny. We certainly enjoyed sharing dinners with you and the rest of our group. 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, perfect match said:

Bill, I just saw that you started your review - earlier this week! Not sure how I missed it, but I’m here now!

We had a great time all week on Symphony, and enjoyed meeting you and Gina, Jon and Penny. We certainly enjoyed sharing dinners with you and the rest of our group. 😀

It was a  pleasure to meet more cruise friends.  I'm still sorry I missed the meet and mingle!

A word of warning for anybody traveling to Florida with CDB:  A great-grandmother with arthritis was arrested at Disney World for carrying CBD oil

Although you can buy CDB in Florida (easily found in common stores, include some Publix locations), but it is a felony to posses it.  From the article:

Jennifer Synnamon, the attorney representing Burkhalter, told Fox 35 that "a little drop of oil, with the CBD, is a felony. Meanwhile, you can have up to 19.9 grams of leaf-marijuana, and it's a first degree misdemeanor." 

20 minutes ago, cloggedDrain said:

A word of warning for anybody traveling to Florida with CDB:  A great-grandmother with arthritis was arrested at Disney World for carrying CBD oil

Although you can buy CDB in Florida (easily found in common stores, include some Publix locations), but it is a felony to posses it.  From the article:

Jennifer Synnamon, the attorney representing Burkhalter, told Fox 35 that "a little drop of oil, with the CBD, is a felony. Meanwhile, you can have up to 19.9 grams of leaf-marijuana, and it's a first degree misdemeanor." 

All charges were dropped. 

On 5/7/2019 at 9:02 PM, BillOh said:

They also had bacon from Turkey.  That must be a screwed up country as their bacon is horrible!

Lol. Are you sure it just wasn't turkey bacon, not from the country,but ftom the bird. Kinda like a low-fat bacon

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

All charges were dropped. 

Yes, thankfully they were.  But she was still arrested, held in jail for 12 hours and had to pay $2000 in bail.  It's a very unfortunate situation, and should be used as a tale of caution when traveling to Florida

1 hour ago, suesnake2002 said:

Lol. Are you sure it just wasn't turkey bacon, not from the country,but ftom the bird. Kinda like a low-fat bacon

It's been a long running joke with me and a few others that the Turkey bacon served by Royal is horrible. I've called it a crime against Humanity and think serving it should be listed as a serious offense.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, cloggedDrain said:

Yes, thankfully they were.  But she was still arrested, held in jail for 12 hours and had to pay $2000 in bail.  It's a very unfortunate situation, and should be used as a tale of caution when traveling to Florida

A tale of Caution for Disney as well. 

7 hours ago, BillOh said:

It's been a long running joke with me and a few others that the Turkey bacon served by Royal is horrible. I've called it a crime against Humanity and think serving it should be listed as a serious offense.  

I have not had their turkey bacon. I prefer it at home vs. pork bacon. I guess I will have to try it. 

52 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

I have not had their turkey bacon. I prefer it at home vs. pork bacon. I guess I will have to try it. 

In fairness, I've only had it once and that was on Allure in 2011. I thought it tasted like the cardboard that is on the back of paper tablets. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Bill,

thanks for for doing this review

i am so sorry to hear about your experience with Hiro.  We were on the symphony TA and were blown away by Hiro.  We thought it was amazing.  

We liked it, a lot, I just think we got a wind shortened event, which is part of the reason I always book the Aquatheater show for day 1 or 2. There was still a lot to like. 

I thought, while looking over my notes for day 3, I would just throw in some pictures

IMG_7831.thumb.JPG.5511763507de2325117fc86c44129dad.JPG

IMG_7865.thumb.JPG.12fb41a8f7502d1499bc2d332e7ef30a.JPG

The guy below is the guy that almost crashed into Gina.

IMG_7964.thumb.JPG.911d96e2afcb9b9351c4d27b99c95074.JPG

A preview of Flight.

IMG_8061.thumb.JPG.b314ce7abd4b42316b6654623a3bf4b5.JPG

IMG_7871.thumb.JPG.af55e3b1ab1a1309782c907be377e2fb.JPG

10 hours ago, BillOh said:

the crime against humanity IS the turkey bacon, lol. 

Thanks for the review Bill, enjoying it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BillOh said:

I thought it tasted like the cardboard that is on the back of paper tablets. 

I don't think those cardboard backings are intended for consumption. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As I've mentioned previously, we brought Oasis virgins with us. Sometimes the student doesn't listen to the master. For months I preached, get to the aquatheater show early because there are limited good seats and when they let the unreserved in, there will be no place left, so don't get their late.   The young grasshoppers didn't listen.  This night we saw the supposed 10:30 showing of:

IMG_7960.thumb.JPG.3ac289cf0ff9e2e0cfbc1e8387fd76b9.JPG

I saw supposed 10:30 show because we were comfortably seated at 10:15pm.  By 10:20 they started letting in those without reservations so my wife went to look our friends and thought maybe they were accidentally standing in that line.

Real close to 10:20 they also started the show, a full 10 minutes early.   To me this was a bit dangerous.  My wife heard the show starting and headed back to our seat.  One of the early parts of the show had these performers rise up out of the depths in these baskets on long poles. 

IMG_7962.thumb.JPG.f79d57c230f347a219cf9873f3262599.JPG

As my wife walked back along the front row, with others filling in the last remaining seats, these guys started rocking back and forth. Its clearly designed too look like they are coming right at the people in the front row. I'm sure that looks cool, but it dangerous when people are still being seated.  My wife walked in front of this guy.

IMG_7964.thumb.JPG.e3b83b2ac2473c60918acd064445dc85.JPG

Had I taken the picture a second later, this guy would have eclipsed  my wife. She said he was right in front of her a foot away. I think they did a weather shortened show as the high diving never occurred. Still a good show.  The weather did get windy as the evening went on. If you are getting on the Abyss slides, look down on where the high divers platform is, you can see why they don't dive on windy nights.

We enjoyed the rest of the show including this "sky walker"

IMG_7973.thumb.JPG.86bfef29ff1e8a4b4a505448ec1523cb.JPG

13 minutes ago, BillOh said:

Arrgh, technical difficulties prevented me from posting the next piece 2 times. Will try again after Mother's day.

Bill, there are have been strange anomolies going on with this website for the last few days.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Bill, there are have been strange anomolies going on with this website for the last few days.

Thanks Bob, I appreciate the people who read and comment, I hate dragging it out. 

Those guys swing in the front were cool. I did not even think about some not being seated and how close they would be. Good thing they didn't hit Gina. 

LOL sorry about your friends. I have the same kind, except mine is a family member, who has the attention span of a... oh look a squirrel. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1