Mariner Grand Suites

So, we currently have a junior suite booked and a quick price check shows we can get a Grand Suite for only $20 more.  There are three of us staying in the room.  We have also reserved the Key (mostly for the disembarking feature and reserved seating as one of the guests cannot stand for long periods - we also would be getting internet anyway).  We are traveling with four other friends (regular balcony rooms).  I guess my question is, since the biggest perks involve the suite lounges, that we wouldn't be able to use much as we will be eating with our other friends, should I even bother with the upgrade?

There is more space in the GS.

You will also have 24 hour access to free specialty coffee, plus free room service including the ability to order off the MDR menu when it is open.

• Like 1

I'd go for the Grand Suite. You'll love the extra room! Among other things, it includes priority embarkation/disembarkation, free room service,  and you'll never stand in line at guest services to resolve a problem.  Even if you don't use the Suites Lounge for cocktails, they offer speciality coffee all day. What ever you decide....enjoy your cruise!!!

Edited by retired2005

2 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

If anyone in your group has mobility issues I would not recommend a Grand Suite. The shower/tub combo is really hard to get in and out of due to the height of the tub.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I can't recall, are the Junior Suite tubs just as high.

6 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

If anyone in your group has mobility issues I would not recommend a Grand Suite. The shower/tub combo is really hard to get in and out of due to the height of the tub.

Maybe the OP should go all the way to an Owner's Suite, with that separate, walk-in, shower stall.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Maybe the OP should go all the way to an Owner's Suite, with that separate, walk-in, shower stall.

I sure would have if it meant I would get refunded some cash😀. We did go for it. Even after the first customer service rep said I couldn’t then I called right back and rep said they didn’t know why I was told that and made the change with no problem. 

The tub tub may be inconvenient but I have no doubt it will work out. Mother’s first and probably only, cruise. 

The only perks that are included in the Key but not covered by the Grand Suite is the lunch on embarkation day and the carry-on luggage drop at the theater.  To me, the upgraded suite far surpasses the lost Key perks.  If it were me, I would take the upgrade and get a refund on The Key.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

The only perks that are included in the Key but not covered by the Grand Suite is the lunch on embarkation day and the carry-on luggage drop at the theater.  To me, the upgraded suite far surpasses the lost Key perks.  If it were me, I would take the upgrade and get a refund on The Key.

Looks like I might - that will almost pay for my wave runner 🙂

For only 20 bucks??  Yeah, I would grab that in a heart beat!  🙂

No Coastal Kitchen on Mariner though...one of the big draws to doing a GS on Oasis class for me.  

Happy with my JS on Mariner coming up next month....but would definitely jump on the 20.00 upgrade.  A GS is currently listed as almost three thousand more that what I paid for my JS on my sailing.  😮😮 

Edited by island lady