Montego Bay w/ 6yr old & 7mo old

Waterloomarc

We’ve been to Montego Bay before and it was a bust. Literally got off the ship and got right back on. (We typically the type to just go spur of the moment with whoever has the best sign) 

Does anybody have a good recommendation? Probably just a beach day with the baby but all the carnival ones are sold out already. 

We stopped a different port in Jamaica, so I can only offer limited assistance.  My favorite restaurant in Jamaica is a chain called Scotchies, which has really good jerk chicken and delicious bread.  According to tripadvisor there's one in Montego Bay.   Also, the first time we visited Jamaica in a land based trip we used this company for a tour:  http://www.barrettadventures.com  They did a very good job and you can contact them to see what they'd recommend for a family.   We visited Jamaica with children our second visit, but stopped at a different port.  Dolphin's cove is great for a family, but I think too far away from Montego Bay so hopefully barretadventures can guide you to a good family excursion closer to where your port is.   Best of luck to you.

On 5/9/2019 at 6:18 AM, kitkat343 said:

We stopped a different port in Jamaica, so I can only offer limited assistance.  My favorite restaurant in Jamaica is a chain called Scotchies, which has really good jerk chicken and delicious bread.  According to tripadvisor there's one in Montego Bay.   Also, the first time we visited Jamaica in a land based trip we used this company for a tour:  http://www.barrettadventures.com  They did a very good job and you can contact them to see what they'd recommend for a family.   We visited Jamaica with children our second visit, but stopped at a different port.  Dolphin's cove is great for a family, but I think too far away from Montego Bay so hopefully barretadventures can guide you to a good family excursion closer to where your port is.   Best of luck to you.

The MoBay Scotchies is (sadly) a bit outside of Montego Bay, but deeeeeelicious. It was our favorite restaurant when we lived in Jamaica. 🙂

Dolphin's Cove is an option, but it's outside of Ocho Rios so it would be a drive. See if you can swing a day pass for the Jewel Runaway Bay, it would be fantastic for kids. They've got a great waterpark and their service is excellent.