WiFi Upgrade from ALL IN/ Pre-Paid Gratuities/ Special YC Requests

SailBreakaway

I have a few questions being a first time MSC client and first time in YC, we sail in less than a month:

1.  We have Standard WiFi included in our booking from an All-In promo.  Is it possible to upgrade from Standard to a Premium or Unlimited by paying the difference prior to departure? If so with whom?

2.  We are booked in YC, I have not seen any info other than generically on the MSC website for Gratuity costs (and the press from their failed attempt to make it mandatory in Feb).  Is it still $12.50dy/pp? Can I pre-pay (no link for this either like NCL) and if I do is there any savings to that (again like NCL used to)? I prefer to tip directly esp in Haven or YC type service, although they 'discourage this'.

3.  With NCL Haven, they used to send out a letter a month or two out welcoming us to the Haven experience.  It was always something to look forward to.  We were given a number to call, and make arrangements for special requests ahead of time.  This was great, and given my wife is a Vegetarian and has special requests such as Vegetarian snacks, Almond Milk, etc for the room this worked out well.  YC didn't send us anything, is there a Pre-Cruise Concierge like NCL for these kind fo things? 

1 hour ago, SailBreakaway said:

I have a few questions being a first time MSC client and first time in YC, we sail in less than a month:

1.  We have Standard WiFi included in our booking from an All-In promo.  Is it possible to upgrade from Standard to a Premium or Unlimited by paying the difference prior to departure? If so with whom?

2.  We are booked in YC, I have not seen any info other than generically on the MSC website for Gratuity costs (and the press from their failed attempt to make it mandatory in Feb).  Is it still $12.50dy/pp? Can I pre-pay (no link for this either like NCL) and if I do is there any savings to that (again like NCL used to)? I prefer to tip directly esp in Haven or YC type service, although they 'discourage this'.

3.  With NCL Haven, they used to send out a letter a month or two out welcoming us to the Haven experience.  It was always something to look forward to.  We were given a number to call, and make arrangements for special requests ahead of time.  This was great, and given my wife is a Vegetarian and has special requests such as Vegetarian snacks, Almond Milk, etc for the room this worked out well.  YC didn't send us anything, is there a Pre-Cruise Concierge like NCL for these kind fo things? 

I am a NCL HAVEN Alum going on first Seaside YC Saturday!

I have done my homework though.  No Pre-cruise concierge.  Kinds like my early Haven days. 

Tipping is so subjective.  But I will just say that I leave auto tips in place and cash tip all the fine folks who make my vacation special.  

I had to purchase internet for my cruise so I cannot help.  I must watch baseball. And see my pup on webcam. 

I will say NCL was superb for my vegan niece.  I plan to research on the Seaside future options for her.  I will owe her another cruise when she graduates from college.  When are you cruising?

The daily service charge (which is added to your onboard account each day) is $12.50 pppd (when the currency onboard is US$ - so depends on what region you're sailing).  There are no savings to be had by pre-paying them.  If you prepay, you'll get 100 Voyagers' Club points for the spend (100 for every $/€150 spend, either before sailing OR onboard - the 2 can't be added together as spend to qualify for points).  This is assuming that there will be 2 adults in the cabin.   If you wait 'til onboard, the other $25 over will count toward your next $150 spend, whereas, unless you pre-purchase other items, the $25 over will be lost in terms of value for points.  (This is only relevant if you're interested in advancing in Voyagers Club).

There is a form on the website you need to fill in if you have any special dietary requests, so they can cater for you when onboard.   I've only ever heard great reports from those who have had their needs met when onboard an MSC ship.

Edited by Beamafar

Wait to upgrade your WiFi until you board and sign in.  We were in YC and when I signed in for the offered standard, was offered the premium WiFi at 90% discount for $24.  Took it!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DMH15 said:

I am a NCL HAVEN Alum going on first Seaside YC Saturday!

I have done my homework though.  No Pre-cruise concierge.  Kinds like my early Haven days. 

Tipping is so subjective.  But I will just say that I leave auto tips in place and cash tip all the fine folks who make my vacation special.  

I had to purchase internet for my cruise so I cannot help.  I must watch baseball. And see my pup on webcam. 

I will say NCL was superb for my vegan niece.  I plan to research on the Seaside future options for her.  I will owe her another cruise when she graduates from college.  When are you cruising?

About time. Have a great trip.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SailBreakaway said:

Hey gang, can’t find the link or page on MSC site to pre-pay the grats/svc chg. I can book excursions, dining etc but nothing for the svc charge. Am I totally missing where to do it?

I believe you can do this online during your initial booking, thereafter it can be done only by calling customer service (my experience on US website).

6 hours ago, SailBreakaway said:

Hey gang, can’t find the link or page on MSC site to pre-pay the grats/svc chg. I can book excursions, dining etc but nothing for the svc charge. Am I totally missing where to do it?

I couldn't find it either, so I called my TA and they took care of it for me.