LIVERPOOL

8 minutes ago, DT1304 said:

In the worst cup final in recent history!!! in a half empty stadium.

Bring on the big one on Sunday morning. I just got back from Liverpool or I would have gone to Madrid. Damn that stupid thing they call a job and life at home!!!

I didn't watch it but I did listen to it 'live' and have seen the highlights afterwards. Certainly not the best performance.

22 hours ago, NSWP said:

Well done to the Scousers.   You will never walk alone.  Great city is Liverpool.

Couldn't agree more.

I've just got back from Liverpool last month. Was my first time back since 2007 and apart from a few new things, like Liverpool One Shopping area etc, it has still retained the old charm that only Liverpool can provide.

Maybe I am biased because I am a lifelong Liverpool FC fan, and have been there so many times, but it is easily in my top 5 favourite cities in the world.

• Like 1

Hi Mic,

I was following your champions league chat in The Pub and noticed you were commenting on how to watch games in Aus for reasonable costs.

What internet provider do you use. I am with Optus and as my monthly account is over $80 I received a free Optus fetch box and free subscription to Optus Sports. I have watched every game live this season, both EPL and Champions league. (Some live in the stadiums too. 😉 )

Edited by DT1304

2 hours ago, DT1304 said:

Couldn't agree more.

I've just got back from Liverpool last month. Was my first time back since 2007 and apart from a few new things, like Liverpool One Shopping area etc, it has still retained the old charm that only Liverpool can provide.

Maybe I am biased because I am a lifelong Liverpool FC fan, and have been there so many times, but it is easily in my top 5 favourite cities in the world.

The Royal Albert Docks redevelopment is great, I loved the Immigration Museum there.

We were on Crown Princess and as we left the dock, they played Ferry Cross the Mersey and You'll Never Walk Alone up on the decks for the sailaway, great stuff.

Edited by NSWP

15 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The Royal Albert Docks redevelopment is great, I loved the Immigration Museum there.

We were on Crown Princess and as we left the dock, they played Ferry Cross the Mersey and You'll Never Walk Alone up on the decks for the sailaway, great stuff.

Thats awesome.

I have only ever been to Liverpool on land trips. Never cruised there.

I have done the ferry across the Mersey many times. They play "Ferry cross the Mersey" when on the ferry too. This trip I took a bus through the Mersey tunnel to get to Birkenhead, so never got to go on the Ferry. its a pity as it was my son's first time there so would have liked to take him across the river, but the weather was not playing nice so we just took a bus. (went to a Tranmere Rovers football game which was great fun)

I stayed at the Ibis at the Albert Docks in my first week in Liverpool this trip, and then at the Staybridge suites right next to the Liverpool Wheel in my second week back in Liverpool. Both great locations at the Albert Docks and yeah, the redevelopment there is fantastic.

All this redevelopment was completed in 2008 for the European Capital of Culture

Edited by DT1304

1 hour ago, DT1304 said:

Hi Mic,

I was following your champions league chat in The Pub and noticed you were commenting on how to watch games in Aus for reasonable costs.

What internet provider do you use. I am with Optus and as my monthly account is over $80 I received a free Optus fetch box and free subscription to Optus Sports. I have watched every game live this season, both EPL and Champions league. (Some live in the stadiums too. 😉 )

I don't have Optus and it makes it difficult to watch other games as well as each countries league seems to be with a different carrier.

33 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I liked that area as well, hearing those songs would have been a really memory maker.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

I liked that area as well, hearing those songs would have been a really memory maker.

Indeed, it was 2009 - British Isles Cruise on the Crown Princess, English, Scottish and Irish ports.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1