Specialty Restaurants Rules

sabrefan

On 5/16/2019 at 6:45 AM, deec said:

Our experience has been a few couples MAYBE in line...wait was minimal

We just got off the Jupiter - and as one of the previous posters said, every cruise is different in terms of demand for the restaurants - we can certainly verify that!  

Manfredi's seemed overly popular with long lines all the time, whereas the Chef's Table was not at all popular and quite easy to eat there.  We wound up eating at CT three different times (to try 3 different menu's) and loved them all.  Also, the popular eating times seemed to be about 7:00 to 8:30 PM and from 6 to 7 seemed to be pretty wide open.

This is contrast to 2 other VOC's we took where we couldn't get into the Chef's Table beyond our original 1 reservation and Manfredi's was open a lot.

So - it just all depends!!

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:14 PM, zitsky said:

Jim has convinced me to just relax and not worry about this.  I'm on a 15 day cruise.

WE were on a 21 day cruise and at breakfast, the World Café was begging cruises to give Chef's Table a try.  Manfredi's was easy to reserve more than 1 reservation.  Relax and enjoy.  One time I just wanted to go into Manfredi's for coffee and key lime pie (my favorite) toward the end of dinner.  They asked if I would like them to prepare it for room service and I agreed that would be great.  Less than 15 minutes later, my treat arrived - they included 2 pieces of pie and lots of coffee and I enjoyed it all on our balcony.  That's service!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just an updated note about making reservations.

Our dining reservations opened yesterday for advanced reservations.  We are three cabins traveling together  and wanted to have a table of six at the speciality restaurants. We are all in the same cabin category (DV) and are permitted one reservation at each specialty restaurant.

We tried to each book our reservations for the agreed upon date and times. and send invites to the other two cabins.We got ourselves all bollixed up.

The solution was for one of us to call Viking and the representative was able to make the reservations for us at each of the speciality restaurants (total of two reservations for the entire group).   To do so, no one of our group could be logged into My Viking Journey.  Also needed was the reservation number of each cabin.

So if anyone is trying to coordinate a group reservation when your dining reservations open up, try calling Viking.  This probably would not work for a group in different cabin categories with different dates for advanced reservations.

Edited by Homosassa

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

So if anyone is trying to coordinate a group reservation when your dining reservations open up, try calling Viking.  This probably would not work for a group in different cabin categories with different dates for advanced reservations.

In such a situation, it would be based on the lowest cabin category (and I'm not sure how it would work if one of the cabins is a V).

Cabins with more reservations can go ahead and make the balance of their allotted reservations when booking opens for your category. (If lowest has one reservation per, then higher cabins leave one reservation per un-booked, etc.). Then when booking opens for lowest, designated rep calls Viking with all the info as Homosassa outlined.