Steakhouse Art at the Table Dessert

Has anyone gotten this in the Steakhouse, and is it any good?  It looks beautiful and would be cool to watch the Chef create it at the table, but I’m afraid it might be all show and no taste. I haven’t really seen a great picture of it yet to even know what it is, a lot of melted chocolate it looks like made into abstract art.  I’m a chocolateholic so I want to love it, but wondering if anyone here on CC has “experienced” the art:).

It's a fun experience. That's where anything nice about it stops. We ordered it and a table next to us ordered it. Nobody at either table thought it was remotely decent to eat. It was quite nasty. Get you a decent dessert then watch YouTube videos to see it in action.

• Haha 1

Wow, we had a totally different experience than the previous poster. My sister was skeptical, but got it with me because I wanted to do it and we were both really into all the different yummy flavors. We thought it was great and would have kept eating until it was gone if we weren't already so full. I'd definitely get it again.

20190224_213341.jpg

• Like 1

I would agree that it's more about the presentation than the actual dessert.  The big white chocolate spheres have filling that is ok once you crack it open but it's nothing to write home about. 

me.thumb.jpg.b8b20404b2935d72f72e24ba762906e7.jpg

Edited by Beachiekeen

Like some of the previous posters, we thought the presentation was cool but the dessert was...ok. It's hard to describe all of the parts of it. They tell you what it is, but it's quick and it's while they're making all of the designs. There's some gummy/chewy things, some sweet, some tart, some crunchy and a chocolate ball with stuff inside. I agree that you would do better getting another dessert if you're looking for taste satisfaction. 

We had it last Christmas on the Glory.  Loved it.   It was not only a fun thing to watch, but it was a different experience to eat also.   It wasn't really a dessert, but a combination of unique tastes and sauces.   There were a few truffle type cakes on the table and the sphere was full of goodies, but the sauces were each unique, so you were getting all kinds of different tastes while you worked your way around the pallet.   We couldn't finish it, but it was fun.   Also fun - the chilled, smoked oysters.   

We outright hated it. A couple of gummy candies, a scoop of ice cream, some broken pieces of chocolate, and mess of syrups splattered all over the place. Not only was it not worth eating, we thought the presentation was horrible.

If I want art, I’ll look at a painting. I hope they get rid of this garbage and bring back the chocolate sampler.

• Like 2