Unimportant question but just curious

kicia

Not important at all but curious if there are chocolate covered nuts in the mini bar, and liquid hand soap at the sink in the yacht club on Seaside? 

Looking forward to our cruise in June. 

Thank you.

Yes, there are chocolate covered nuts in the mini-bar (as well as 'cocktail - mixed - nuts, peanuts & Pringles).

There's usually liquid soap in a dispenser at the sink on MSC ships - I haven't been on Seaside so can't confirm.

1 hour ago, kicia said:

Not important at all but curious if there are chocolate covered nuts in the mini bar, and liquid hand soap at the sink in the yacht club on Seaside? 

Looking forward to our cruise in June. 

Thank you.

Chocolate covered peanuts and no liquid soap at sink in YC Seaside, just in shower. 

Never had a problem with refrigerated Pringles;  I have had a problem, though, with stale crisps being provided in the bars/lounges where they'd been left out in bowls - prepared earlier in the day for distribution in the evening.

Just now, JAGR said:

My biggest worry is getting together with seven cousins at an uncle's bar in Limerick.  Don't know if I can go eight 'rounds' anymore!

Don't you mean 16 rounds, John - 2 rounds per person, ya cheapskate!  😜

• Haha 1

We had the Deluxe Plus package which includes minibar. This may be great in YC, but down in the bowels of Aurea getting them to change the contents of the mini bar is not going to happen easily. After talking to at least 3 people from different departments I was able to get all vodka instead of gin and Chivas, 2 of the beers and one time I actually got the Diet Coke I wanted (but they thought I meant to take away the regular Coke as well). They may change out, maybe all Coke instead of Fanta for example, but they will not give you something that is not originally in the minibar. I wanted rum, that was not going to happen. 

This is not something they will do for you automatically. I  spoke to my room steward, Guest Services, someone they called the head of mini-bar (?), filled out a form and finally my room steward... yes, my room steward, finally changed some of the contents.  Then she replaced those items, 3 vodkas, 2 beers, etc, once a day as they were used (or hidden in my luggage). 

3 hours ago, gtaylor said:

Pringles in the can are great to take ashore for a salt fix with your beers.

gary

Excellent idea Gary

I’ve just resent you an email, check your junk/spam file 😀

Take care,

Mark & Jane

5 hours ago, theEvilQueen2 said:

We had the Deluxe Plus package which includes minibar. This may be great in YC, but down in the bowels of Aurea getting them to change the contents of the mini bar is not going to happen easily. After talking to at least 3 people from different departments I was able to get all vodka instead of gin and Chivas, 2 of the beers and one time I actually got the Diet Coke I wanted (but they thought I meant to take away the regular Coke as well). They may change out, maybe all Coke instead of Fanta for example, but they will not give you something that is not originally in the minibar. I wanted rum, that was not going to happen. 

This is not something they will do for you automatically. I  spoke to my room steward, Guest Services, someone they called the head of mini-bar (?), filled out a form and finally my room steward... yes, my room steward, finally changed some of the contents.  Then she replaced those items, 3 vodkas, 2 beers, etc, once a day as they were used (or hidden in my luggage). 

We've had mixed experiences in steerage, too, when we've had the Deluxe package.  On our recent Armonia cruise, we had the mini-bar restocked twice a day, no problem, with the items we wanted (this is subject to them being available.  MSC doesn't have rum in miniature-sized bottles, so it can't be provided - no matter how good the steward is).

We also had another experience where the steward(ess?  it was a female!) just would not stock the mini-bar, despite us filling out the forms before, and/or after we took items from it.  We were even charged for items (which GS removed from the bill without issue).

Edited by Beamafar