Our 25th Anniversary Adventure - Baja Mexico & Hawaii on the Inspiration & Splendor

Jamman54

I so want to ask if you attended the "Catalina Wine Mixer"....and hope you get the movie reference! LOL 

Catalina looks beautiful! And I googled the Wrigley Mansion - it sounds like it is now operating as a luxury hotel. Did your guide mention that? 

20 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

The Carnival Inspiration is anchored off the coast of Catalina Island…..

IMG_5197-X2.jpg

I normally wait to comment, unless I have a question, but this picture...WOW!!!  This would be beautiful enlarged, framed, and displayed.  Please let Patti know this is a GREAT one!!! 

Since I'm commenting, I noticed on John Heald's social media page this morning that he posted an article about the Choose Fun Airship (blimp) will be doing an "east coast tour".  It will start at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal tomorrow (5/23) for the ship naming ceremony (Sunrise) and will do a month long tour of the NYC area, NJ, and Philly.  The article mentioned it would be touring over NJ the first week of June.   So hopefully you and Patti will get to see it. 

Really enjoying your review and so glad to see the weather has cooperated for you so far and hoping it stayed that way.  I'll keep tuned in to find out. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BigNance said:

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much! :classic_biggrin:

21 hours ago, fyree39 said:

I've never been there. I've been by the Catalina shuttle a dozen times, but never actually took it out to Catalina.

We noticed that the shuttle is quite pricy at about $80 per person round trip. :classic_cool:

12 hours ago, vacationlover16 said:

I’ve been on the boards for a few years now but don’t post often. However, I’ve always enjoyed reading your reviews and was super excited when I saw this one. Thanks so much for taking time to do these & Happy Anniversary to both you & Mrs. Patti!!!

Thanks for reading and your kind words. Happy to have you with us once again. :classic_cool:

7 hours ago, Steph0224 said:

Thank you for sharing your vacation with us! I'm looking forward to the rest of your review!

Stephanie

Glad to have you aboard! :classic_cool:

7 hours ago, HolySpearit said:

Still on page 1 but just popping in since I LOVE your reviews and we are pondering the 4 day Baja cruise in February so this is perfect timing! Can’t wait to read and happy anniversary! 

Thanks so much for reading and your kind words. :classic_cool:

6 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

I so want to ask if you attended the "Catalina Wine Mixer"....and hope you get the movie reference! LOL 

Catalina looks beautiful! And I googled the Wrigley Mansion - it sounds like it is now operating as a luxury hotel. Did your guide mention that? 

I had to ask mr. google about the Catalina Wine Mixer! :classic_biggrin: Our guide also told us that you can make lunch and dinner reservations at the Wrigley Mansion.

3 hours ago, pghsteelerfan said:

I normally wait to comment, unless I have a question, but this picture...WOW!!!  This would be beautiful enlarged, framed, and displayed.  Please let Patti know this is a GREAT one!!! 

Since I'm commenting, I noticed on John Heald's social media page this morning that he posted an article about the Choose Fun Airship (blimp) will be doing an "east coast tour".  It will start at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal tomorrow (5/23) for the ship naming ceremony (Sunrise) and will do a month long tour of the NYC area, NJ, and Philly.  The article mentioned it would be touring over NJ the first week of June.   So hopefully you and Patti will get to see it. 

Really enjoying your review and so glad to see the weather has cooperated for you so far and hoping it stayed that way.  I'll keep tuned in to find out. 

Thanks for coming along yet again! That picture is a great picture, and some of those of Avalon Harbor are stunning also. Thanks for letting us know about the Choose Fun airship. We'll be looking out for it. :classic_cool:

3 hours ago, JaniceB said:

Great shots and looks like it was a great weather day too!

It was a beautiful day in Catalina! :classic_cool:

1 hour ago, Bajan Keith said:

YAY...Another Jamman Review👍

Really looking forward to this!

Glad to have you aboard again! :classic_biggrin:

Please forgive us if we don't post anything the next couple of days, as we are observing a rather somber anniversary. Those that have been following us for over five years would understand. We promise to ramp it up over the weekend again. Thanks! :classic_cool:

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Please forgive us if we don't post anything the next couple of days, as we are observing a rather somber anniversary. Those that have been following us for over five years would understand. We promise to ramp it up over the weekend again. Thanks! :classic_cool:

Thinking of you all.  

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Sending comfort and warm thoughts to you three 😢

We are doing the same cruise next March on the Panorama for our 25th wedding anniversary!  We have done the Mexican Riviera previously in 2009 on the Splendor.  We are looking forward to our first cruise on a new ship and trying out the Havana area.  I look forward to more of your review and pictures!

18 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

I do remember and will keep you, Patti, and Rayn in my thoughts and prayers. 

Edited by pghsteelerfan