Bad experience on Allure

I think a party in the Boardwalk from 9:30 to 11 pm is a wonderful reward for the hard-working crew.  

Perhaps Guest Services could have offered them a free nightcap or chocolate somethings on board, but to expect compensation for something this minor after the fact?  IMO that's just plain greedy.  

On 6/17/2019 at 4:16 PM, TheGreatfulBread said:

All I can say is that we have a cruise coming up on Allure and we are on Deck 7 (no balcony) and just above us is Park Cafe and I'm worried that between Boardwalk and what may be going on above us in prepping for the day (even with a white noise machine) that we are going to be in for a terrible sleep.  We will have a 5 year old with us, but my parents booked this cruise as a huge family trip and I guess these were the best prices.  Should I be worried?

If your cabin is below Park Cafe, this thread is not relevant to you.  Your cabin is well away from Boardwalk.  You should do a search with your cabin number to see if other have reporter noise issues on Oasis class ships.  If no results, try adjacent cabin numbers.  If that does not work, you could start a new thread to ask for feedback from other CC posters.

On 5/17/2019 at 2:39 PM, DirtyDawg said:

OK, the OP doesn't deserve compensation from RCL for all the noise made. I think she got that after the first few posts.

But she probably deserves a few chocolate covered strawberries for all the "piling on" going on in this thread. 

I agree, it is ridiculous how someone hoping for some support turns into chum in the water without any reprieve at CC far too often. Did I read a post that actually said “for shame!”?! Yikes. Posters complained about the OP being out of line when this piling on is way beyond anything that the OP deserved for having the gall to have an opinion. You would think he/she butchered people and video taped it for YouTube 🙄 

Edited by 2Beeze

On 6/24/2019 at 1:27 PM, Starry Eyes said:

If your cabin is below Park Cafe, this thread is not relevant to you.  Your cabin is well away from Boardwalk.  You should do a search with your cabin number to see if other have reporter noise issues on Oasis class ships.  If no results, try adjacent cabin numbers.  If that does not work, you could start a new thread to ask for feedback from other CC posters.

You are right I was thinking the promenade area perhaps.

What? We go to bed when the sun is coming up everyday... really.

I became infamous when a lifeguard at Castaway Cay told me:

One of the guests crashed the crew Barbie party last nite at 3am,

I wanna party with that dude...

I said that would be me.

Everyone dressed up like Barbie> Everyone. Really wild , even for me. (shh)

Crashing crew bars is also fun now and then, I say I'm with the band.

I advise to get one of the rooms on the 8 floors on the ship with only cabins,

Boardwalk cabins speak for themselves one would think.

Another CC post much ado about nada.

Take care and may your Seas be flat and your tummies be fat.

We're the Moore's

Tampa Bay 😎

Harmony 9/22 Canaveral

Harmony 10/6  "

Brilliance 12/19 Tampa Bay

bliss.jpg

Edited by eddeb
spelling

On 5/17/2019 at 9:04 AM, hannahsnana said:

We are currently sailing on Allure. This cruise was booked after the cancellation of our Oasis cruise, after which we booked a boardwalk balcony cabin on Allure as choices were limited. Everything was going OK with a few minor problems until last night. They had informed guests they were rewarding crew members for a 99% rating on their last inspection by allowing them access to the Boardwalk from 8:00 til 12:00 last night. That seemed OK to us until we returned to our cabin at 9:30 after dinner and a show. The noise from the Boardwalk with the door closed was unbearable to even sit and watch tv, much less go to sleep. There was a reggae band blasting music and a person singing, yelling , and more from the crowd. After dealing with it for a while, I called guest services and they said they’d send security to our room! What? My husband went down to guests services at 10:30 to complain again. They took his complaint and said it would stop at 11:00, which it did. If we had been outside in the hall making such noise , I’m sure there would have been security there right away! Needless to say, I am not happy with the situation that unfolded and are going to request compensation for several hours of interrupted calm in my cabin, much less the lack of sleep. By the way, when they did shut it down , the singer yelled out somebody closed them down! Yes, a paying guest!

Earplugs.

Noise canceling headphones plugged into your device of choice playing music, and a book.  We won't fly without them.

Seriously, you are on a ship with 6,000 people:  it's gonna be noisy at times, like a plane.  Bring your own preventative stuff with you.  They don't owe you any money for a few hours of noisy partying in a public area.