Bad experience on Allure

I agree with the "Get a life  posts" OyyyyyVayyyy!

Like another poster said, HAL should be you Cruise line of choice!

Next i'm sure they'll complain that the thrusters woke them up when they were docking, hours of sleep missed!  Compensation, compensation, compensation! 

• Like 2

Noise is expected on the boardwalk deck- from the research I have seen, it is the "lively" section.  I would not have a problem with noise until midnight and would think it would be somewhat expected- the perk is that you are near the action.  Now, if you involuntarily got moved into this room and you had no choice, then that is unfortunate for you, but I don't think it's a big deal.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hannahsnana said:

By the way, when they did shut it down , the singer yelled out somebody closed them down! Yes, a paying guest!

You knowingly booked a room facing a public area and complain that there is noise in the public area?

And then take great glee at ruining a well deserved celebration. Shame on you. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ShillyShally said:

Again, not stating OP was right or wrong but since none of the rest of us were there or know the level it was at, why the heck are we all treating them like they are being unreasonable?  I may be more sensitive because I used to live directly behind a venue that had ampified music on Friday and Saturday nights and even with all doors closed some nights it was awful, and we never could simply enjoy our own outdoor space and when I was the protester against them only asking for no amplification of music past a certain hour I was harassed continuously.  For me though one night wouldn't have upset me, even if tired, I would have just found another quiet place to sit and chalked it up to normal uncontrollable things that happen, life!  I think the crew do deserve a party, perhaps in another venue, but regardless even the crew should understand yelling about being shutdown by a passenger is in poor taste.

I treat them as being unreasonable because I believe they are. I would think I am noise sensitive too. I live in a very quiet area and there´s an Event going on every two years - yep only once in two years - where they will have a Party going on all night with loud Music. It´s not even in the close neighbourhood, but the Sound travels and it annoys me to no end, as it keeps me from sleeping and I´m having an early start into the workday. I would never complain as I know it´s just a rare Thing to happen.

You are Right we were not there, but I don´t base my opinion on the noise Levels at all. The noise Level to me doesn´t matter in this case. They were informed beforehand. It was announced it was a clear set time Frame of only 4 Hours. Almost half of the time Frame didn´t even effect the OP as they were out and About. You can still say we weren´t there which is true, but hey I´m just believing the OP in what they wrote. Regardless the noise Level the timeline makes this complaint completely unreasonable and nope they don´t deserve even a plate of Cookies (which they could get at the buffet anyway) delivered to their cabin. 

IMO the announcement at the end of the Party About being shut down By a passenger is what they deserved - after all only they knew that it was geared towards them. They weren´t openly named and shamed - unfortunately.

• Like 1

And yet people booked in Promenade View staterooms don't complain about the noise in the Promenade Parties..... 

Another vote for the OP to try HAL next time, where everyone is in bed before the end of the late dinner seating. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think she has a valid complaint (although not worthy of $$ compensation).  She's not complaining about the general noise associated with a Boardwalk cabin, she's complaining about a specific event that doesn't usually occur during the course of a normal cruise.  Even if she had thoroughly researched the Boardwalk cabins, it's unlikely that she would have found any complaints about loud crew parties in the Boardwalk area. 

No one would dispute that the crew works very hard and is deserving of a reward but not at the detriment of paying passengers.  They could have been given access to the Boardwalk area without the thumping loud music - or started the music earlier and ended it earlier.  A bottle of wine or a free specialty dinner would be an appropriate response.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, momofmab said:

I think she has a valid complaint (although not worthy of $$ compensation).  She's not complaining about the general noise associated with a Boardwalk cabin, she's complaining about a specific event that doesn't usually occur during the course of a normal cruise.  Even if she had thoroughly researched the Boardwalk cabins, it's unlikely that she would have found any complaints about loud crew parties in the Boardwalk area. 

No one would dispute that the crew works very hard and is deserving of a reward but not at the detriment of paying passengers.  They could have been given access to the Boardwalk area without the thumping loud music - or started the music earlier and ended it earlier.  A bottle of wine or a free specialty dinner would be an appropriate response.

An appropriate Response would have been a kick in the behind and certainly not cutting the crew Party short.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wow! Wait a minute..... This was the last night of the cruise. So after all week of fun then on the last night of the cruise in which you were leaving the next morning disturbed you so much that you will demand some compensation??? 2 complaints within an hour and a half??? No wonder some people I have talked too have said they don’t cruise on Royal because it be full of old boring people and everything shuts down by 10:00. That is actually the perception a lot of people have about Royal. I’m 62 and man I would have wanted to go down and join in on the fun and party. The last night of the cruise that would have been great!  All I can say again is jus Wow! 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

The crew works very hard.. day and night.. and are often away from their families for months at a time.. so they had some well deserved fun.. and it wasn't until 2am in the morning... it was a few hours.. not really a big deal imho.. 

I totally agree that if the Capt. of the ship thought the crew deserved a reward then so be it. It is a great moral booster for people who are away from their families for as many as 8 months at a time, and usually results in the crew giving better service in the long run. This benefits us. When I was in the U.S. Navy and away on deployments for months at a time, any little special thing we got was well appreciated and boosted moral. Of course we weren't there to cruise to the Caribbean, but it made things better if only for a little while. I am sure it doesn't happen often for the crew and I would have probably joined them.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, momofmab said:

While I am not sure about specific reports of crew parties, there are plenty of reports of other loud events and parties on the Boardwalk.  And everybody knows (or should know) it is a public space made for just fun and celebratory events.   And a loud party with a band and cheering is a loud party with a band and cheering....why does it matter if it is crew, guests or both? By your logic, every Boardwalk cabin dweller could demand to be compensated with a specialty dinner or bottle of wine just for an evening party in a public venue.  I disagree.  If you are noise sensitive, carefully select your cabin in a quiet area, do not accept automatic or bidding upgrades that might move you to a noisy area, pack earplugs, and hope for quiet neighbors.

I’d have far more sympathy if there were small children involved. It could be hard to put them to bed with a party outside as much from excitement as noise. I wonder if parental comments from other cabins contributed to the early shut down of that party.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kernow said:

I think I would have poured myself a glass of wine and gone out on the balcony and watched the crew enjoying themselves. They certainly deserve some fun considering how hard they work. As long as it was all over by 11 I don't think you have any complaint.

Me too!😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

By your logic, every Boardwalk cabin dweller could demand to be compensated with a specialty dinner or bottle of wine just for an evening party in a public venue.  I disagree.  

Well, actually every Boardwalk Balcony dweller is rewarded with a lunch an drinks. 😉

Edited by John&LaLa

22 hours ago, kernow said:

I think I would have poured myself a glass of wine and gone out on the balcony and watched the crew enjoying themselves. They certainly deserve some fun considering how hard they work. As long as it was all over by 11 I don't think you have any complaint.

To be fair, it was only over by 11 because they complained.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

And yet people booked in Promenade View staterooms don't complain about the noise in the Promenade Parties..... 

Another vote for the OP to try HAL next time, where everyone is in bed before the end of the late dinner seating. 

The Promenade cabins are inside cabins and having stayed in one I know the noise is considerably buffered by the window - it was much quieter than the Boardwalk cabin I was in.  Noise doesn't bother me - I can completely tune it out, so I'm not a good judge of what is bothersome or not.

We booked a cruise on Oasis. We were on deck Eleven next to the last cabin . So we get on the ship and notice lot of cameras I mean big cameras. ESPN was there  Also noticed a bunch of guys walking around that were really fit..lol Dummy us never realized we booked the cruise the patriots played the giants in the super bowl! Talk about dumb luck! There were all kinds of former players on board! They had a huge super bowl party right on the board walk that we could go to. All the former players were right across from us having their own party! We got to sit on our balcony drinking beer and eating junk while watching the party and game. It was very cool! well the pat's got their ass handed to them but it was still cool I now watch football and love it! Hey I am from New England of course I am a Pat's fan ..Dad is turning over in his grave he was a Giants fan he grew up in New jersey!  PS: It was one noisy night guess we should not have screamed so much..lol

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

To be fair, it was only over by 11 because they complained.

Which means they got what they asked for, so what is the beef?

A white noise machine works wonders, home and away, for adults and kids both.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

We booked a cruise on Oasis. We were on deck Eleven next to the last cabin . So we get on the ship and notice lot of cameras I mean big cameras. ESPN was there  Also noticed a bunch of guys walking around that were really fit..lol Dummy us never realized we booked the cruise the patriots played the giants in the super bowl! Talk about dumb luck! There were all kinds of former players on board! They had a huge super bowl party right on the board walk that we could go to. All the former players were right across from us having their own party! We got to sit on our balcony drinking beer and eating junk while watching the party and game. It was very cool! well the pat's got their ass handed to them but it was still cool I now watch football and love it! Hey I am from New England of course I am a Pat's fan ..Dad is turning over in his grave he was a Giants fan he grew up in New jersey!

Not a Pat's fan but that would be very cool.  We did a Super Bowl cruise and another one during college bowl playoffs  on Royal and both times had a blast.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

It sounds like their beef was that it was originally supposed to last until 12, but you'd have to ask the OP.  They are the ones that complained.

Edited by time4u2go

15 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

A white noise machine works wonders, home and away, for adults and kids both.

Never travel without one!  I even have an app on my phone I can use but I like my machine better!

31 minutes ago, mek said:

Not a Pat's fan but that would be very cool.  We did a Super Bowl cruise and another one during college bowl playoffs  on Royal and both times had a blast.

It was really cool and at the time we did not watch Football just dumb luck..lol We could not have booked a better cabin for that if we tried! Right next to the aqua theater 🙂

Edited by Reader0108598

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, actually every Boardwalk Balcony dweller is rewarded with a lunch an drinks. 😉

Lol, somehow I doubt the OP will consider that compensation for the “hours” of disruption.

I suspect this particular cruiser might have been better suited to a more peaceful Central Park balcony with lunch and wine, foregoing the party atmosphere others adore.  Or an ocean view.  Or maybe even an inside in quiet location.  DH and I are flexible and can book gty or last minute with impunity; more finicky folks should think very carefully about cabin location.  This was a mismatch.