Live- From New York, its the Dawn to NE-Canada 5-18-19

seadog67

Morning Pictures from Day 2..

Looks to be a cool and clear day..'

image.png.4ee615a682d0127b9dec7e642cb7b38d.png

A quiet and empty NCL Dawn early in the morning..

image.thumb.png.81513a05ba180a533a9cd008bd977f9e.png

Looking down from Deck 7 to Le Bistro on Deck 6..

image.thumb.png.d4d024750f339c5f71099ca52416cf44.png

Looking forward to a relaxing day at sea...

image.thumb.png.759406a94e53639efff803e5ed65364c.png

The beautiful Centrum Atrium of NCL Dawn...

image.thumb.png.5cf3b5930ac8bf92b2d9682f0744a076.png

Very different (empty) compared to just a few hours later..

image.thumb.png.88bb61469a4edebdb94fadab0d6b2f0c.png 

Some Goodies on offer at the Bake Shop in the Atrium..

image.thumb.png.5f8bb733483ca491e04c94142a844952.png

Along with a hot Americano..

image.thumb.png.ecd3bc948bb36a8d44cc609e6e67927c.png

• Like 1

On of the absolute joys we find with cruising is having a nice, relaxing sit down breakfast. Unlike the daily grab and go breakfast we have during the workweeks and most weeks ends, (which we should try and change), cruising slows us down and offers us this moment of peace which we love..

The Venetian Restaurant...

image.png.6547faf5e25524becd22aea51ff605a8.png

Well Good Morning Miss..

image.thumb.png.6ae557166d7cc0ab58a21164db374da9.png

Table for two please..

image.thumb.png.1dd65eac37d2a0f8a93c3e3aadc58558.png

Contemplating the day ahead...

image.png.a505e70352d09276ad7b37c3f11291ce.png

MMMHHMM as good as it looks..

image.thumb.png.fd8032060d8b52e16062ed37be2ed465.png

Ummm, I am not sure what to say...

image.thumb.png.21c97c8641541025dfe0da18f4b648b2.png

All in all a perfect morning and worth the price of admission... Hoping for 6 more morning exactly like this one..

Seadog out until a bit later.. Enjoy your Sunday, Critics..

13 hours ago, seadog67 said:

Should make the Bergs easier to see...

4E7FA8FD-2AF7-412B-8783-9AF2EB25779E.jpeg

This is just so striking...any by that I mean "gorgeous" - not the "iceberg ahead" type!

I just got home from work and literally the first thing I did was turn on the computer to see your photos and commentary - I'm smiling ear to ear...

Makes for some happy dreams !!!!!

1 hour ago, amygutman said:

This is just so striking...any by that I mean "gorgeous" - not the "iceberg ahead" type!

I just got home from work and literally the first thing I did was turn on the computer to see your photos and commentary - I'm smiling ear to ear...

Makes for some happy dreams !!!!!

Thank you! Glad it is enjoyable! Glad you are along for the ride. Hope to have some updates shortly!

On 5/18/2019 at 10:50 AM, seadog67 said:

We are close enough that Mrs S can give the Captain sailing directions just like she does me while driving 😉

Also, after easily 18 visits to NY we still have never made it on The Intrepid. May have to grab a hotel nearby one trip and do a visit before heading to the ship.

Beautiful day on the Hudson River.. 

8E6D0803-B919-49E4-A3E8-97B5324CAC96.jpeg

16F4AE55-5FBF-436D-85DB-929E64D470C9.jpeg

54EDBA4E-965B-4BED-8A70-D02A8BA0C9F7.jpeg

9EC21BE9-6631-481E-9694-00BC56924BBE.jpeg

I hope she is not reading this! I would hate for you to have to sleep on deck 7!

great start!

• Like 1

Meanwhile, let's be patient for the next Seadog update from Halifax ... it's wet & raining there as seen on ship cam live feed.  Apparently, Dawn's satellite WiFi continued to throw a tandrum - but, he should be able to pickup a good cellular signal at the pier/cruise terminal (we did, last week - on Rogers & Telus) & free WiFi at the indoor Farmer's Market, next door to Pier 22/23, for those that wish to "shelter in place" with this weather) 

• Like 1

Hello Critics, we are alive and well thankfully.  Have finally gotten on once everyone left the ship. What is funny is I actually streamed a YouTube video but CC was not loading this  morning and even now loading pictures in painfully slow. So I must take back my rant a small bit from yesterday as you can stream something when there are less people onboard maybe but uploading a picture is at-a snails pace.

To follow up from yesterday,  there were no updates as I could not get anything to load, but I tried to attend the canvas painting but arrived to late and it was full, I snapped a few photos of what was being painted. Cost was I think $35. I had done this on escape and breakaway and enjoyed it very much so if there is another session I will be sure to make it.

Dinner was La Cucina, and I failed to get pictures. We also missed the show as we sat and listened to I think Blue Moon in the Grand Atrium while having a latte and snapped the attached pics.

This morning it is off and on heavy rain  and fog so we have lounged around reading and just had lunch in a crowded O’Sheenhans. The fajitas were excellent.

We are back in the cabin reviewing the daily to see what to do this afternoon.

if the signal holds I will upload some further pics from this morning from around the ship.

Thanks for hanging in there!

2B3AFEF5-1EAD-44E1-84A9-12BE92B8FFDC.jpeg

D87184E7-EC88-4D9A-A348-42C4FF31898B.jpeg

2EA9CEAD-805A-44EB-BE6D-8AAB28265E72.jpeg

2361F3AB-1193-4BAF-9D56-A1657CAB8B81.jpeg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Gleefully following along with another NE Canada cruise.   I'm in heaven, thank you and @mking8288 for your reviews.   My little crew is booked on an August 2020 Breakaway NE Canada itinerary and it's been wonderful to read along.  Our itinerary skips Newport to give us two sea days.  

I can't believe how close the Intrepid is to the NCL pier; the piers in Seattle are very spread out.   We'll be in NY for about a week prior to our sailing, and the Intrepid is on the "must see" list.  Only 468 days to go... ha ha

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mking is correct, we did have access to cell and wifi in the terminal, I am not on an international plan so cell service is a no go though. I thought I was going to have continuing issues with uploading so did not take any pictures from our short jaunt into Peir 21, which they tout as one of Canada's 7 Wonders? I have not figured that out yet as to why, maybe something to do with Titanic or just a marketing tagline, but I will try and find out.

This morning dawned, I did it again 🙂  rainy and foggy..

image.png.0f31e45a413aab7947db15381b91a019.png

Damned Chilly and Damp on the Promenade..

image.thumb.png.8bb8b7882f5f728f87b4f6293a58225b.png

Sat outside of Teppanyaki on the window benches for a while and watched them setup for everyone to stream off into the rain and got this artsy photo, ( if I say so myself LOL ) of Teppanyaki's menu, 

image.thumb.png.ccaa97b049247d6850573401ec6f6357.png

Where I found a hidden secret that NCL has been keeping from us all this time. The table candles they have at dinner are.........electric! and not real!

image.thumb.png.e1388dfee8a6da7c7b8765f9acc1254b.png

These light houses will be working overtime today with this fog...

image.thumb.png.8529baba51743f2eefe53e231160af65.png

Will be back later with hopefully more updates if signal holds! Crappy weather of not, still the best Monday I have had in a while as in no work!!!

37 minutes ago, TPgal said:

Gleefully following along with another NE Canada cruise.   I'm in heaven, thank you and @mking8288 for your reviews.   My little crew is booked on an August 2020 Breakaway NE Canada itinerary and it's been wonderful to read along.  Our itinerary skips Newport to give us two sea days.  

I can't believe how close the Intrepid is to the NCL pier; the piers in Seattle are very spread out.   We'll be in NY for about a week prior to our sailing, and the Intrepid is on the "must see" list.  Only 468 days to go... ha ha

Glad you are along for the abbreviated ride due to poor wifi but welcome aboard! Have a blast next August, it will be here before you know it.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for your review!  We will be on the Dawn June 1st.  Enjoyed your sail away pictures of the city and the Statue of Liberty.  What deck were you on when you took those pictures?  We had planned to be on the top deck for sail away, but our 17 year old son broke his foot in gym class on Friday, so I'm a little worried about the crowds.  Don't want anyone accidentally stepping on his cast!  Any recommendations for a good sail away location for us?  We have 2 balconies on deck 9 (port side) but I would hate to miss the Statue of Liberty.  Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, motherof22boys said:

Thanks so much for your review!  We will be on the Dawn June 1st.  Enjoyed your sail away pictures of the city and the Statue of Liberty.  What deck were you on when you took those pictures?  We had planned to be on the top deck for sail away, but our 17 year old son broke his foot in gym class on Friday, so I'm a little worried about the crowds.  Don't want anyone accidentally stepping on his cast!  Any recommendations for a good sail away location for us?  We have 2 balconies on deck 9 (port side) but I would hate to miss the Statue of Liberty.  Thanks!

We were on the outside promenade on deck 7 that wraps around the whole ship. It is the most missed component on newer ships in our opinion.  I would recommend it for a less crowded sail away.  No party there but there were less people there on our sail away with good views. And easy to walk through the ship to see the other side quickly.

Thanks for following and have a blast in June!