MSC Current Status Match Tables

GenghisQuan

1 hour ago, ericfromri said:

...I’ve never been on a cruise line worse than MSC.

You should have tried THIS ship -- I've NEVER wanted to get back to port/off the ship as much as on that old rust bucket! The only meat on the buffet was little smokies, and it went downhill from there...

Tom

5 hours ago, ericfromri said:

What ship were you? You didn’t find it absolutely offensive I’ve never been on a cruise line. Worse than MSC.

We were on Maraviglia.  CD Chris was always helpful and made it fun.  Our only issue was with MDR being way to crowded.  They need to remove about 25% of the tables they have so people don't need to walk sideways and hoped their breath to get to a seat!  We expected the worst and were pleasantly surprised!

Anyone know how to add my voyagers number to my booking. I have looked everywhere. No place on check in either. I have two booked within next few months and my number is on neither. I assume I can add it when I check in while boarding the ship.

31 minutes ago, bruce85 said:

Anyone know how to add my voyagers number to my booking. I have looked everywhere. No place on check in either. I have two booked within next few months and my number is on neither. I assume I can add it when I check in while boarding the ship.

Sure, assuming is a valid approach with MSC  (jk)

Tom

On 2/7/2023 at 11:36 PM, Chrish2 said:

Just spotted this on MSC's UK website "Status Match Plus". Seems to be an improvement over the existing program of matching status

Off the back of this I convinced a family member to apply with their P&O Peninsular Club Mediterranean Tier.

The whole P&O Peninsular Club is a little convoluted:

• They issue 10 points for every night (why can't they just say night?),
  • Only issue any membership/status after racking up 150 points, (so if you book a 14 night and 14 night you get no benefits, book a 15 night and then book a 14 night you do get it for your second cruise!)
  • Tiers are not named with common loyalty tier names but after the oceans and seas their ships sail. They are order from largest to smallest (Pacific, Atlantic, Mediterranean, Caribbean, Baltic, and Ligurian)
  • It has a split top tier (Baltic Tier & Ligurian Tier) that also factors how many nights (yes nights now an not points) you have had in the last 3 years.

MSC have decided to match P&O Mediterranean to MSC Voyager Classic!

Maybe MSC spotted "Mediterranean" and thought "entry level" based on their own name!

Have worded a challenge back regarding this. Based on the travel history if the same was on a MSC ship they would already be at least MSC Voyager Gold.

Does anyone who status matched have a different answer to this response from MSC ? When you did your first cruise did you receive all the benefits of Diamond ?

Hi Dave, thank you for your message. We can see that there is a misunderstanding in the information above. We can guarantee that the process of Status Match does not grant new clients straight access to the Diamond Membership. Thank you.

10 hours ago, sidari said:

Does anyone who status matched have a different answer to this response from MSC ? When you did your first cruise did you receive all the benefits of Diamond ?

Hi Dave, thank you for your message. We can see that there is a misunderstanding in the information above. We can guarantee that the process of Status Match does not grant new clients straight access to the Diamond Membership. Thank you.

https://frequentfloaters.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/B2B_TA_Status-Match_Conversion-Table.pdf

Here is a list of matched levels.

2 hours ago, goofy7777 said:

Where did this list originate? My Marriott Titanium Elite/Lifetime matched to Diamond in ~2018 (not Silver, which is listed in the table). I do believe that match results were higher years ago than they are now.

11 hours ago, goofy7777 said:

Not really helpful, I am trying to find out if those matched to Diamond are getting the benefits from their first cruise which according to MSC UK they are not!

On 2/14/2023 at 5:58 PM, bruce85 said:

on our UK bookings through a TA, MSC  found one of us but not the other 

had to go back to the TA to get them added and get the voyager discounts refunded.

Now the app has it right in profile but web and tickets its missing for one cruise.

On 2/16/2023 at 7:27 AM, sidari said:

I read that response differently than you do. To me it reads that doing a status match doesn't mean you'll get Diamond. It could result in Gold or Silver. It would help if you also posted the question you asked for context.

I can tell you that I recently matched to Diamond then booked my first MSC cruise. I did get the 5+5 discount and $50 OBC so I am getting Voyagers Club benefits that I'm entitled to, though those aren't Diamond benefits. I do expect to get the Diamond "tasting menu" benefit when on board but that's not until 2024.

Edited by RichYak

8 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I can tell you that I recently matched to Diamond then booked my first MSC cruise. I did get the 5+5 discount and $50 OBC so I am getting Voyagers Club benefits that I'm entitled to, though those aren't Diamond benefits. I do expect to get the Diamond "tasting menu" benefit when on board but that's not until 2024.

I'm a bit confused - what's the difference between your Voyagers Club benefits and the Diamond benefits.. wouldn't those be the same? Perhaps I just don't understand the MSC "way". 🙂 

.. so .. what should I expect/be looking for on my confirmation regarding our matched Diamond status?

Tom

39 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

I'm a bit confused - what's the difference between your Voyagers Club benefits and the Diamond benefits.. wouldn't those be the same? Perhaps I just don't understand the MSC "way". 🙂 

.. so .. what should I expect/be looking for on my confirmation regarding our matched Diamond status?

Tom

Yes they are the same, but the perks that are specifically "Diamond" are all on-board benefits which I can't speak to since I've never sailed MSC yet. As a reminder, Diamond tier gets you those benefits AND all the benefits of the lower tiers. I did get booking benefits that would only be available to Silver and up, so I have no reason to believe I won't get the Diamond bennies on board. I hope that makes more sense.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

A question: Our Diamond status expires in February, 2024.  Do we have to sail by then to retain our benefits (yes, please!) or just finalize a booking by then?

Your sailing has to be prior to the date given, so if it was say 16th Feb 24 your end of sail date would have to be before the 16th.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 10:15 AM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Tom

Tom @Tom-n-Cheryl

See image (you will need to zoom in) sorry

Being Diamond and sailing in YC you’ll get what is listed in your eDocs

Remember you also get 1 speciality dining with a limited menu for free

Plus a bottle of liquor in room, fruit macaroons and a bar of chocolate 

Here is what we got this past week from YC on Meraviglia 

Hope this helps with some of the MSC jargon and nuances

Voyagers club benefits and Diamond 

yes the same

just like C&A and Diamond Plus 

2572F680-DE02-41F2-AE58-43321289BC3D.jpeg

Edited by PompeySailor

1 hour ago, PompeySailor said:

Being Diamond and sailing in YC you’ll get what is listed in your eDocs

Remember you also get 1 speciality dining with a limited menu for free

Plus a bottle of liquor in room, fruit macaroons and a bar of chocolate 

THANKS 

Where does the bottle of liquor factor in ... that's a Diamond benefit? When do you relay your preference to them?

Tom

19 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

THANKS 

Where does the bottle of liquor factor in ... that's a Diamond benefit? When do you relay your preference to them?

Tom

Last week we asked our butler on meeting them on day one

we had it delivered to room on day two

We got a 70cl e Tanqueray Gin

For our previous two YC MSC cruises we were contacted 8 days before sailing and  made our selection then

It’s a YC perk, not a Diamond perk, apologies for any confusion 

I get the feeling, if not asked for one will probably not receive as won’t be prompted to choose 

A bit like daily newspaper delivery, the daily rag of your choice - another YC perk

• Thanks 1

Forgot to mention

You also get the free photo for being Diamond

They say only if taken whilst in a restaurant.

We didn’t have any taken whilst eating, so they sat us at a bar took a few pics and within 2hrs we got our free photo

Not sure on the policy or ruling on why they did it this way, we got a free photo regardless 

Another one of those don’t ask won’t get scenarios 

12 minutes ago, couplelovestravel said:

My husband is Diamond with Hilton and Ambassador Elite with Marriott.  Does anyone know which one would be best to submit or can we submit all of them.  With him being Diamond at Hilton, does this mean he will be diamond on MSC?

Per the chart, Hilton Diamond matches to Voyagers Club Diamond. He should go with that. There is no Marriott tier that matches to anything higher than Gold at MSC.