Is there a cap of drinks for Premium per day!

julsngraham

Chipperberg, Yes, if he wants two drinks simultaneously, he would need two cards.

This often comes up when one member of a couple goes to cafe al Bacio to get coffees for both of them.  Two cards are needed to get two coffees.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, dpluta said:

there have been other posts about this and recall seeing a limit of 16 in a 24 hour period. who knows for sure though?

I think you might have seen a limit cap possibly reading the Carnival Cruise Lens boards.

There is no cap limit on any of the beverage packages (BP’s) on Celebrity.

2 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

Princess has a 15 drink per day limit. X does not.  In fact we were on Princess in April and our friend got cut off at the night club after he hit his 15th!! LOL

Is this a recent change? Our last Princess cruise ended in January 2018 and there was no limit at that time. I guess it's not surprising given that their parent company also has a limit on their alcoholic bevvies per day. 

We have sat at the Martini bar and had 8 Martinis , gone to dinner and numerous wines and finished with Gran Marnier and expresso and not a word was said . As long as your well behaved and not making a nuisance they will continue to serve you . That said after that night we had an alcohol free day the day after .

• Like 2

How long do you have to wait between drink orders?  I will want to get a Prosecco and then top it up with Aperol or Campari on ice if they don’t have Aperol.  The combo makes a Venetian Spritz which typically is not on ship bar menus but is easy to craft by ordering the two separate drinks.  Hence my interest in the wait time between orders.  Thx!

2 hours ago, Carnevale said:

How long do you have to wait between drink orders?  I will want to get a Prosecco and then top it up with Aperol or Campari on ice if they don’t have Aperol.  The combo makes a Venetian Spritz which typically is not on ship bar menus but is easy to craft by ordering the two separate drinks.  Hence my interest in the wait time between orders.  Thx!

Can you not just order what you want at the bar and they'll get it for you? Or have they actually said 'No'? If they don't know how to make it, I'm sure you can just explain it to them…?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Carnevale said:

If you frequent a particular bar, and the bartender knows you, especially since you tip well, he will make you just about anything you want.  Most of the time he won't even swipe your card.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Carnevale said:

We did have to wait 5 minutes, if I remember correctly. We only did it once a few years ago (asked for a bottle of beer at the same time as a drink to take back to the room, if I remember correctly). The computer wouldn't let them charge one right after the other. That may have changed that, but if not, often bartenders write down our folio numbers so that they don't need to take our card each time. With you, they may get you your drink (mix the two together) and then enter the second one in manually. They also may just mix it to keep it at the $9. They are good about working with people with packages. 🙂

8 hours ago, Carnevale said:

Just order the cocktail you want. If they aren’t familiar with your order, describe it to the bartender and they will be happy to make it.  Drinks don’t have to come off the menu. No need to get creative. 

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 5:24 AM, Carnevale said:

I had Aperol Spritz on the Eclipse recently. However when I asked for Archers and lemonade they didn’t know what I meant. I then explained that it was Peach Schnapps and Sprite. The bar server had to go off and ask a colleague if they knew what I wanted. 

Edited by sandancer

On 5/22/2019 at 7:06 PM, chipperberg said:

If both my hubby and I have the drink package and he has my card and his card, can he grab a drink for me?  TIA

Yes! Premium coffee drinks also.  🙂

Edited by Texed
  • Like 1

On 5/22/2019 at 6:06 PM, chipperberg said:

If both my hubby and I have the drink package and he has my card and his card, can he grab a drink for me?  TIA

Absolutely yes!!

We travel with a group of about 20 of us, we will send one or two people to the bar and get everyone a round of shots!  They take all 20 cards and have never been denied!

On 5/22/2019 at 8:40 PM, Ginnyfyr said:

Is this a recent change? Our last Princess cruise ended in January 2018 and there was no limit at that time. I guess it's not surprising given that their parent company also has a limit on their alcoholic bevvies per day. 

the last Princess we were on was a couple of years ago the bartender just left the bottle with my brother inlaw and I the guy behind us said he had been on lots of cruises and never seen them do that LOL !! ( to get a double he has to come back every 5 min )haa haa

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2019 at 5:17 PM, sandancer said:

I had Aperol Spritz on the Eclipse recently. However when I asked for Archers and lemonade they didn’t know what I meant. I then explained that it was Peach Schnapps and Sprite. The bar server had to go off and ask a colleague if they knew what I wanted. 

Is the Aperol Spritz included in the classic beverage package?