Celebrity cruise cancelled looking at the Seaside

keithm

5 hours ago, JAGR said:

Not PO'd at your honesty.  PO'd because my daughter couldn't cruise on two occasions because accessible cabins were all booked.

If the HC cabins are all booked by HC pax, not much you can do. Simple as that.

3 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Why are you shocked, it’s normal practice across cruise lines. I have booked an Inside H on Seaside YC. I asked prior to booking if I could telling them I’m not handicapped and told no problem. You just have to accept they may move you.

Sounds like cheap and tacky.

But I don't park in Handicapped parking either

3 minutes ago, keithm said:

Too bad! If the HC cabin is needed, you'll get moved. No big deal. It's just Oceania gives you the option of moving "up" a level. It's not free, but still saves $$ over booking a balcony cabin in the first place.

Cheap and tacky. YMMV

2 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Sounds like cheap and tacky.

But I don't park in Handicapped parking either

Cheap and tacky. YMMV

I'm TOTALLY sure you've never tried anything to get you ahead in the line? Uhh huh sure? Nope, I don't park in handicap spots either, but I've called the state gov. a number of times to challenge some peoples' HC status. Got a woman kicked out of an apt. complex years ago for HC fraud as well as Gvt. assistance fraud on top of it. Proud of that fact? You bet!

Edited by keithm
additions

17 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Why are you shocked, it’s normal practice across cruise lines. I have booked an Inside H on Seaside YC. I asked prior to booking if I could telling them I’m not handicapped and told no problem. You just have to accept they may move you.

That's fine.  At least you didn't lie or omit information.  Good on ya!

On 5/29/2019 at 1:44 PM, mickey89 said:

January, February and March of 2021, all 3 of the YIN HC cabins on the Seaside have already been booked.

15 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

January, February and March of 2021, all 3 of the YIN HC cabins on the Seaside have already been booked.

I think that is highly unlikely.  MSC hides those cabins until all the others are sold and then often beyond that.  I frequently see them pop back into available inventory about a month before sailing.  MSC states in the booking window to call if you need an accessible cabin.