Celebrity cruise cancelled looking at the Seaside

keithm

Okaaay. Our Jan. 2020 cruise on Silhouette got cancelled. I don't care for the offerings, so I'm getting refunded. Looking at Seaside for the same time frame. A 14 night B2B. Looking at a "interior" Yacht Club cabin. At about $3200PP for 14 nights, it looks reasonable. I know size-wise it's small compared to the other "suites", But I'm OK with that. We're foodies & wonder how the Y/C restaurant really is. The amenities are supposedly the same as the other suites. If not this ship, likely back to Oceania for a slightly shorter(12 night cruise)on the Riviera. This Silhouette  cruise was going to be our "make or break" for Celebrity, as their quality has really gone down hill...Thoughts??

Edited by keithm
corrections

$3200 for 14 nights is a good deal for an inside in the YC...go for it.  The menus are very much improved over last year.  The quality of the food also depends who is doing the cooking...so you never know for sure.

Edited by CGTNORMANDIE

OK we have done 23 Celebrity cruises but started with MSC in January for a Caribbean on Preziosa for 2 weeks then 4 weeks on Splendida so maybe I can give an opinion. We have 3 further cruises booked with them.

The YC food had been a letdown on MSC compared to Luminae or Blu, however they have just taken on someone from X who was Head of F&B . The position he has is VP of F&B and called Jacques Van Staden so hopefully the food will improve in fact we were told there should be a great change/ improvement by our October cruise .

Sorry I cannot help you any further, I have commented as you said you are foodies.

Liz

We have done Celebrity on Aqua class and very much enjoyed Blu and found the Yacht Club restaurant to be very similar in size and quality.   We are booked again in the Yacht Club for 2020.  BTW we also had a Celebrity cruise canceled when they chartered our cruise and we went to MSC.

Edited by CTBob

5 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

$3200 for 14 nights is a good deal for an inside in the YC...go for it.  The menus are very much improved over last year.  The quality of the food also depends who is doing the cooking...so you never know for sure.

He said that was $3200 per person.

After 20+ cruises with Celebrity, we too have tried MSC and liked it so we have another booked for October. It’s on the Seaside and it’s a 14 day Caribbean. We booked it last December and we got a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite for about $2650 p.p. total. We looked for cruises for 2020 but can’t find prices anywhere close to that. Word must be out that MSC is a viable alternative to the greedy big boys from the mainstream lines.

22 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

After 20+ cruises with Celebrity, we too have tried MSC and liked it so we have another booked for October. It’s on the Seaside and it’s a 14 day Caribbean. We booked it last December and we got a Yacht Club Deluxe Suite for about $2650 p.p. total. We looked for cruises for 2020 but can’t find prices anywhere close to that. Word must be out that MSC is a viable alternative to the greedy big boys from the mainstream lines.

14 days out of Miami with the 5% discount runs around 4k pp.  Not sure how you got that deal unless its an interior.   Please let us know the secret.

Edited by Nymich

39 minutes ago, Nymich said:

14 days out of Miami with the 5% discount runs around 4k pp.  Not sure how you got that deal unless its an interior.   Please let us know the secret.

What I stated is correct, a Yacht Club Deluxe suite not interior and the pricing is correct. It included the 5% discount. Last December I found that price on MSC’s web site. I booked it through an online ta and got a $400 obc besides that. This deal was posted on this site and a few other people stated they got the same price. The pricing I found for 2020 shows Yacht Club suites going for close to $4,000 p.p.

Just happened to check at the right time.

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

What I stated is correct, a Yacht Club Deluxe suite not interior and the pricing is correct. It included the 5% discount. Last December I found that price on MSC’s web site. I booked it through an online ta and got a $400 obc besides that. This deal was posted on this site and a few other people stated they got the same price. The pricing I found for 2020 shows Yacht Club suites going for close to $4,000 p.p.

Very impressive!   You must have had some good karma coming your way!🙂

15 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Yikes, $4,000PP for 2020; oh no.  The secret is out. 

We so lucked out trying MSC Divina, Seaside and booking Meraviglia for 6 Yacht Club B2B's really long ago for $2,500 "less" PP.  😀

Again, yikes.

1 hour ago, Formula280SS said:

Yikes, $4,000PP for 2020; oh no.  The secret is out. 

We so lucked out trying MSC Divina, Seaside and booking Meraviglia for 6 Yacht Club B2B's really long ago for $2,500 "less" PP.  😀

Again, yikes.

That’s a 14 day price.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:30 PM, mickey89 said:

Keithm........ you maybe wondering what people are referring too..... 5% discount.

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/manage-booking/msc-voyagers-club/status-match?

Thank you. Was wondering about the prices. What we looked at was a B2B doing an interior YC cabin. We have in fact decided to go back to Oceania on the Riviera next Jan. We booked a large W/C unit.(Wheel chair accessible) Large by any standards. We've done this before & we always get an offer for upgrade. Cabin is about $3500PP. Upgrade to full B-1 balcony goes for about $1000 more. Still several $$ less than if we had booked to balcony ourselves. The quality of the food is made us go back. Jacques Pepin's food is to die for!

I agree Oceania is a great cruise line, we have been on Nautica twice.  Absolutely loved the library, best afloat.

I would agree Oceania is a step up from MSC even their Yacht Club.  We get fliers from them all the time, they need to lower their price point for us too consider but never say never.  Celebrity's Murano restaurant is the best food we have experienced cruising.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, keithm said:

We booked a large W/C unit.(Wheel chair accessible) Large by any standards. We've done this before & we always get an offer for upgrade. Cabin is about $3500PP. Upgrade to full B-1 balcony goes for about $1000 more. Still several $$ less than if we had booked to balcony ourselves.

So, let me get this straight.  You book an accessible cabin in an effort to get a discount on a non-accessible balcony.  And you've done it before?  You then brag about it?  Wow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAGR said:

So, let me get this straight.  You book an accessible cabin in an effort to get a discount on a non-accessible balcony.  And you've done it before?  You then brag about it?  Wow.

Blame my T/A as well as Oceania. If the room is needed, we'll get the bump up offer. Like I'm sure none of you out there play the games, either. You're just PO'd at my honesty. There's actually very few of these cabins on Oceania & yet, I'll see plenty of pax with Wheel Chairs.

Not PO'd at your honesty.  PO'd because my daughter couldn't cruise on two occasions because accessible cabins were all booked.

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, keithm said:

Blame my T/A as well as Oceania. If the room is needed, we'll get the bump up offer. Like I'm sure none of you out there play the games, either. You're just PO'd at my honesty. There's actually very few of these cabins on Oceania & yet, I'll see plenty of pax with Wheel Chairs.

SHOCKED that they allow a pax to book a Handicap room without need.

I thought one must prove need to book it--that they are held back for those needing...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

I thought one must prove need to book it--that they are held back for those needing...

Why are you shocked, it’s normal practice across cruise lines. I have booked an Inside H on Seaside YC. I asked prior to booking if I could telling them I’m not handicapped and told no problem. You just have to accept they may move you.

1 minute ago, mickey89 said:

Why are you shocked, it’s normal practice across cruise lines. I have booked an Inside H on Seaside YC. I asked prior to booking if I could telling them I’m not handicapped and told no problem. You just have to accept they may move you.

I think the issue is that it may then show up that there are no accessible  cabins available for anyone to book

19 minutes ago, Epos Man said:

I think the issue is that it may then show up that there are no accessible  cabins available for anyone to book

I’m not going to argue and would agree that they should keep these cabins open at least to final payment before offering them to anyone. When I booked my Inside H on Seaside it was the last cabin available, maybe that’s the reason I was told no problem.

Edited by mickey89

11 hours ago, mickey89 said:

I agree Oceania is a great cruise line, we have been on Nautica twice.  Absolutely loved the library, best afloat.

I would agree Oceania is a step up from MSC even their Yacht Club.  We get fliers from them all the time, they need to lower their price point for us too consider but never say never.  Celebrity's Murano restaurant is the best food we have experienced cruising.

Yes, Murano is very good. The specialties on Oceania Riviera are part of the cruise & don't cost extra, unless you choose La Reserve, which pairs wine with it's tasting menu. As good as Murano is, it doesn't hold up to Oceania. When was the last time you saw Dover Sole in the MDR on Celebrity, or REAL Lobster that you didn't have to pay extra for? True the price point is quite a bit higher than Celebrity..closer to the Aqua class.

4 hours ago, Fogfog said:

Too bad! If the HC cabin is needed, you'll get moved. No big deal. It's just Oceania gives you the option of moving "up" a level. It's not free, but still saves $$ over booking a balcony cabin in the first place.