Bunk beds, sleeping on Caribbean Princess!!

RodanandFileds

On the Princess ships I have been on, the beds are three feet wide. The space between then is around five feet. When you  mention bunk beds, I am not sure if you are referring to the 'Pullman' beds that fold down from the side walls. If you use these, it would be very inconvenient to have the lower beds pushed together to make a Queen/King size bed. (It would be King size width but Queen size length). If only two people will be in the cabin, I strongly recommend having the beds separate. This gives you a five-foot wide area of floorspace in the middle of the room that is very useable. If you have the beds together, the bedside tables are moved to the outside, but the space along the side of the beds is not useable except when you are walking crab-like to get in or out of bed.

Beds are about 33" wide.  Bunks are the same size.  Space between the lower beds is less than the width of one of the beds.  Don't now how you can have 5' between the lowers when the cabin is probably less than 10' wide.  EM

1 hour ago, RodanandFileds said:

Hello!!

can anyone help me with some dimensions?  Anyone have any idea how much room is in between the beds?  40 in?  36in?

we are having some nerves about sleeping in bunch beds and I am trying to figure out our options!!!!

9129F38D-0E10-42B6-B911-51BDC9C5A17C.jpeg

It's going to be tight. While my pic is an inside cabin the dimensions are about the same as the outside one. 004.JPG

When the beds are made up as one queen-size the distance between the bed and the wall on each side is a bit less than the width of the cabin door (21 inches). So 36 inches between two twins is a pretty good estimate--it is definitely closer to three feet than three and a half.

3 minutes ago, fishywood said:

When the beds are made up as one queen-size the distance between the bed and the wall on each side is a bit less than the width of the cabin door (21 inches). So 36 inches between two twins is a pretty good estimate--it is definitely closer to three feet than three and a half.

Thanks so much. Thanks very helpful!  We were thinking of squeezing an air mattress in between In case both kids refuse the bunk. My husband is too heavy, and I don’t really want to sleep up there either!  When we booked it, everyone was all about the bunk beds, and no they are chickening out

😳 wall to wall beds? Can 1 of them sleep in bed with the 2 of you (any toddler?) .... queen bed shoved up to 1 wall, 1 bunk overhead? 

Edited by Ombud
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Beds are about 33" wide.  Bunks are the same size.  Space between the lower beds is less than the width of one of the beds.  Don't now how you can have 5' between the lowers when the cabin is probably less than 10' wide.  EM

I agree that my earlier estimate of 5' between the beds in the photo that is shown is incorrect. In the cabins on the Sea Princess the space would be 5', but on some other ships we have been on, it would be just under 4'.

Our boys were scared at first about the bunk beds but once they got on them they loved them.  We got extra pillows to put along the rail just to help make sure they didn't roll out - but to be honest we probably didn't need them but our boys loved them made it feel like a fun fort.  After the first night I was fine with them sleeping up there and didn't feel the need to check on them every few minutes.  They were four the first time we put them on the upper bunks.