Any recommendations to help make our honeymoon on Harmony special?

Hiya. We are platinum level C&A and will be going on our honeymoon in October onboard Harmony. We decided we want to go all out since it's a special vacation. We booked a grand suite and got the honeymoon decor for our stateroom. We were considering doing the beverage package but it seemed pointless if you get free alcohol at the suite lounge? We also decided against doing a cabana at CocoCay since there aren't overwater ones yet and doesn't come with much of anything besides a covered private space. 

Is there anything I am missing that we should consider?

We'll be on Harmony the same week and hope to meet you both at our M&M on board! Sounds like you're doing great by booking a GS and the honeymoon decor! We did buy the Deluxe drinks package and are Diamond members but enjoy the freedom to drink what we want, when we want, with no bill later! A couple of ideas might be a "couples massage" and/or specialty dining, such as Chef's Table (5-courses paired with wines). At least, that's what I would have enjoyed during a honeymoon! Congrats to you both and enjoy your special cruise! Cheers!

28 minutes ago, Artemis908 said:

Hiya. We are platinum level C&A and will be going on our honeymoon in October onboard Harmony. We decided we want to go all out since it's a special vacation. We booked a grand suite and got the honeymoon decor for our stateroom. We were considering doing the beverage package but it seemed pointless if you get free alcohol at the suite lounge? We also decided against doing a cabana at CocoCay since there aren't overwater ones yet and doesn't come with much of anything besides a covered private space. 

Is there anything I am missing that we should consider?

The drinks available in the suite lounge are pretty basic.  In other words, if you want frozen/blender drinks, those won't be available in the suite lounge.  Likewise, the time period for mixed drinks in the lounge is around 3.5 hours in the evening.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! You chose a wonderful ship! Enjoy all the suite life has to offer. Coastal Kitchen is a great dining option. If it's within budget, the dining package is nice. There are several great restaurants onboard. Wonderland is a must. IMHO We also really enjoy the Chef's Table. The wine pairing are nice if you are wine drinkers. We usually do the drink package & enjoy being able to order whatever drinks we want. (not limited to the SL options) Also the suite sun deck on 17 is a nice quiet place to hang out. It is usually not crowded. There is a hot tub up there that is seldom used. We have never had an issue with it being full or even others in it.  Make sure to book everything in advance! Enjoy your time together on such a great ship!

We cruise in a GS.  And get the drinks package.

It allows us drinks at any time.  And not limited to the lounge drinks.  Sometimes what we order is included in the lounge, sometimes not.

Congrats on your up-comming nuptuals, we will be on the same cruise celebrating our 62nd anniv. Take the drink pkg & enjoy all the other drinks you would like to try but never did.

george35

Congratulations!  When cruising for our anniversary I always bring a bottle of Dom Perignon champagne on board and then bring it to the dining room telling our waiter it's our anniversary or in your case honeymoon.  The waiters have you hold hands and sing a song to you about your special day.  We don't fuss much since we have been married quite a while  but enjoy this tradition.  I too would take the drink package, it is nice to go anywhere on the ship and not think about the cost.  Have a great honeymoon and a great life together!

It really depends how much and WHERE you plan to drink.  The drinks aren't supposed to leave the lounge....although at times, they may allow it...but having to go to the lounge to GET a drink when you're at the pool seems to be a lot of trouble, to me.

You can buy anything without a package, so if you're only going to be having 3-4 drinks during times when you AREN'T in the lounge, just charge them to your room.

• Like 1

We too always book a GS and get the drink package. Honestly, it's just simpler and if you book it right it's not that much more expensive, if at all. The Suite lounge will sometimes limit drinks, I believe 2 per night, as there is a policy in place. Also the choice of liquor may not be what you prefer, for example we like Tito's and always ask for it. With the package the concierge lounge servers will be happy to bring that if you ask. The added flexibility is nice. On Harmony you will have access to Coastal Kitchen for all meals, so no need for the Ultimate Dining package. However on smaller ships we generally have been booking that when available as well.

Having been on Harmony in a GS recently, I can say you have selected an amazing ship for the occasion. The added benefits that come with the GS will make it even more special. I can't think of anything else I would add honestly! Enjoy your trip! 

Oh, and now that you have booked a GS you won't want to go back. Welcome to the club. ;)