Ocean Medallion - How does it work for #2 in cabin?

fdpevey

We are on the Regal in July. I downloaded Ocean Ready, uploaded everything for my husband and me, and we are both “green check” on the app. That was easier than expected.

I’m just starting to fiddle with Ocean Compass and Ocean Now - just downloaded but can’t get my voyage recognized. Will work on that more tomorrow. Brain is tired.

But something occurred to me: Since we both are registered with the one login for Ocean Ready, what happens with Ocean Compass and Ocean Now? If we have the same login, how do we find each other (Ocean Compass)? How will a server know who ordered what for where (Ocean Now)?

Will someone with experience explain how this worked?

There is actually a great thread pinned at the top of this page with a lot of answers if you want to look in there for some great info!

To answer your question, Ocean compass and Ocean Now won't work until you are on the ship.  You will both need to have it downloaded onto your phones and both have accounts set up in order to both us it. It will link the two of you up so you can find each other since you are in the same cabin. At least it did on my last sailing.

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

fdpevey,  the ship has touchscreens all over the ship that work with your medallion;  with the touchscreen, you will be able to see the patters and what's happening around the ship; you can also find your cabin mate too.  Like mentioned above some apps won't work until you board the ship. 

Edited by AF-1
added txt

It is pretty easy device to use;  since it is a new technology; some people are afraid to use it;  there are a lot of things that you can do.  You wave it by the electronic reader in gift shop. If you buy a drink you can use it at the bar; or you can order a drink thru the ocean now app.  Lots of fun things

9 hours ago, fdpevey said:

But something occurred to me: Since we both are registered with the one login for Ocean Ready, what happens with Ocean Compass and Ocean Now? If we have the same login, how do we find each other (Ocean Compass)? How will a server know who ordered what for where (Ocean Now)?

Like CJS said, you should create your own Ocean Account. Onboard the account will be associated with the first person. You are not both "registered" with one login. With the one login, you completed the check-in process for both person. It is only "registered" to the first person.

Edited by richmke