Looks like they upgraded the Celebrity App!

Pier290

At least for our September 13th sailing.....the App has been updated with the onboard chat feature using the ship's WiFi and the Digital Key feature was added.  So glad for this!!  Whoo hoo!!😎🥂😎🥂

From the 24 May update. Version 1.17.1

"with each release, we add functionality and improve existing features to give our guests all the information they need to make most of their cruise vacation. Guests on all Celebrity ships now can chat via the app, and add individuals to group chats."

Edited by Redrobo

Says "not available on this app" for our cruise-on Eclipse and it is not till March 2020.

Need to get ships updated to support.

Edited by DanL

38 minutes ago, pa-annie said:

When are you able to see your cruise info on the app?  We have a mid Nov. sailing on the Edge and the app just says "Please check back for cruise detail closer to departure".

- BZ

I just opened the app and it all popped up

47 minutes ago, Redrobo said:

From the 24 May update. Version 1.17.1

"with each release, we add functionality and improve existing features to give our guests all the information they need to make most of their cruise vacation. Guests on all Celebrity ships now can chat via the app, and add individuals to group chats."

Where is this info found??

9 minutes ago, Pier290 said:

I just opened the app and it all popped up

I can see my cruise itinerary but nothing else.  I assume the additional info and functionality will be populated at some point, just trying to figure out when?  When is your cruise?

- BZ

2 minutes ago, pa-annie said:

I can see my cruise itinerary but nothing else.  I assume the additional info and functionality will be populated at some point, just trying to figure out when?  When is your cruise?

- BZ

I believe our cruse showed up right around the time of final payment. 

The chat feature appeared a few weeks ago and the digital key about a week or so ago...I have looked at the MDR menus so much I think I have them memorized!  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pa-annie said:

When are you able to see your cruise info on the app?  We have a mid Nov. sailing on the Edge and the app just says "Please check back for cruise detail closer to departure".

- BZ

We're booked on Equinox in August. I checked the app 3 or 4 months ago and got the same message as you. About a month ago, I checked and our account info shows up and now that I've done online check in, our Set Sail Pass displays. I loved using the app on Edge, especially to check the menus in the main dining room. They were pretty accurate. But to answer your question, I'd check the app about 90 days before your cruise. 

• Thanks 1

We're sailing on the Constellation and have downloaded the app. We've already booked 3 specialty dinners and 3 excursions, but only 1 dinner and 2 excursions show in the app. Anyone else experiencing missing info in the app? By the way, all bookings show when logging in to the Celebrity website.

2 hours ago, colingu said:

We're sailing on the Constellation and have downloaded the app. We've already booked 3 specialty dinners and 3 excursions, but only 1 dinner and 2 excursions show in the app. Anyone else experiencing missing info in the app? By the way, all bookings show when logging in to the Celebrity website.

We’re on the Constellation end of August. Only 1 of 3 excursions is showing, 0 of 1 specialty dining and 0 of 3 select dining. 

Im sure it’ll fix itself nearer departure. 

Not much other useful info, although I have discovered that my muster point is C2😀

Edited by Highpeaklad

3 hours ago, tartantiara said:

We are leaving on Reflection tomorrow, how do you keep in touch with others onboard via the app ? 

I haven’t used it but I assume it’s via the three dots top right of screen. 

9B22B135-DF13-460E-BC21-000BB71D0E08.png

F55EA24A-C6FF-4410-A608-9F1D82ADD50D.png

Well, not so great for us!  Downloaded app and did our check in for our next 2 cruises and after doing so, got 3 emails saying we were checked in.  2 emails for our first sailing and 1 for the next.  Doing a B2B and was told to check in for both by X.  Now on the app it only shows the second sailing and shows 2 different check in times at the port for us.  We ignore the times they recommend, but if you are in one party traveling together (yself and my wife) why different times?

Called X and they are "doing a ticket".  Now I can no longer log in to my X account as it says my password is wrong.  NO it is not!!  OMG notihing like Royal/X IT to screw things up!!

I'm not sure if this will help, but if you scroll down the Q&A on this link, there is a more detailed explanation of check in than I've seen elsewhere (and other app questions are answered). The video is so-so, but might  give a better idea of what is available.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/pre-cruise/celebrity-app

Edited by vtcruising

10 hours ago, sleepless said:

I will be on the Equinox on June 29.  I do have the app.  BUT, I can not access the menus, my set sail pass does not show up.  How do I access this info? Thanks

I changed cabins a few weeks ago for my August cruise but the app didn't display the correct one. I logged off and logged back on to refresh it. You might give that a try.

13 minutes ago, CruisinNole said:

I changed cabins a few weeks ago for my August cruise but the app didn't display the correct one. I logged off and logged back on to refresh it. You might give that a try.

I also deleted the app one time and reloaded it (refreshing didn't work) and it worked beautifully, adding new updates.

Edited by vtcruising

14 minutes ago, Karin54 said:

Any info when this app will be available on Solstice?

Sjovt at se en anden dansker herinde. 🙂

I believe it would become available with full functionality (RFID door unlocking, onboard-messaging etc.) after the ship's "revolution" in October 2021, but possibly earlier with limited functions (eg. cruise itinerary, MDR menus and such minor information).

Edited by mikkelhansen

1 minute ago, mikkelhansen said:

Sjovt at se en anden dansker herinde. 🙂

I believe it would become available full-functionally after the revolution in October 2021, but possibly earlier with limited functions (eg. cruise itinerary, MDR menus and such minor information).

I lige måde Mikkel 😄. Kan du give mig et tip om rejse agent på mobil 29724586, da man jo ikke må nævne det herinde. 

To bad about Solstice. We will be aboard Nov. 8th from Auckland to Sydney