CoCoCay Myth Buster - Free or Charge for Everything?

On 5/29/2019 at 9:28 PM, lowbass said:

I'm not sure where you and others keep getting this wrong info about "all the charging on Coco Cay", but maybe in the future you should check with the official RCCL web site instead of on the cruise site boards.

Maybe a better response would have been, " Thanks for info."

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, tinkertwo said:

Do they provide a map of the island before you get off the ship?  I'm sure its pretty easy to navigate but it would be good to have an idea of where we want to go before we leave the ship.  

Someone posted that they were given a map of Coco Cay in their stateroom.

• Like 3

On 5/29/2019 at 7:15 PM, iamchrisstone said:

If you are not on the boards to give or research information, then what truly is your purpose

Apparently, to criticize you!

Great overview, by the way!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinkertwo said:

Do they provide a map of the island before you get off the ship?  I'm sure its pretty easy to navigate but it would be good to have an idea of where we want to go before we leave the ship.  

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Someone posted that they were given a map of Coco Cay in their stateroom.

One in the cabin and more available to grab at the gangway on Navigator.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Apparently, to criticize you!

Great overview, by the way!

hahaha right!?!?  but thanks for the compliment.  i'll be doing a recap video of the symphony hopefully this month.  Drone footage and everything!  Here is a recap video of the Carnival Sunshine (so obviously the one of the Symphony will blow this one out of the water).

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, rusty nut said:

Royal Caribbean's literature says they added 5 new complimentary dining options.

Capture.thumb.JPG.93cc53f9bd0381ebc31c1dc955c5294e.JPG

interesting!  even their map said 3 venues, but maybe the pay just wasn't updated.  thats cool if there are 5 now!  either way, i was impressed.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:13 AM, CapeGal said:

We appreciate the work you did on this thread. Sometimes it IS difficult to get cut and dried information from Royal. And definitely finding prices to make a decision on a budget beforehand is futile! So thanks again to all here.

thank you so much for the compliment.  and thats exactly right!  when i was trying to get the info when they added the cruise to our schedule at the last minute, i didn't see anything crystal clear

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, iamchrisstone said:

interesting!  even their map said 3 venues, but maybe the pay just wasn't updated.  thats cool if there are 5 now!  either way, i was impressed.

I believe that when it says 5 free venues, it is including the multiple locations of the stand places forgot the name, at least that is my interpretation of it. 

• Like 1

We enjoy the shade- but prefer an umbrella not trees.  The cabanas are too expensive for us.  How much to rent an umbrella?  Assume that they are available.  Cash or can you use your cruise ID.

Thanks for the information.

Edited by Cruise a holic

19 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Thanks for sharing.  Which beach is best for swimming?..snorkeling?...with shades?  Thank you.

Don't expect good snorkeling anywhere in the Caribbean.... 🙄

The best we have found was in Grand Cayman and I would rate that a C+ at best! 👍

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

35 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We enjoy the shade- but prefer an umbrella not trees.  The cabanas are too expensive for us.  How much to rent an umbrella?  Assume that they are available.  Cash or can you use your cruise ID.

Thanks for the information.

umbrellas are free to use

57 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Don't expect good snorkeling anywhere in the Caribbean.... 🙄

The best we have found was in Grand Cayman and I would rate that a C+ at best! 👍

You're kidding, right?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/10-worlds-best-snorkeling-destinations-180961622/

https://www.planetware.com/world/best-places-to-go-snorkeling-in-the-world-us-fl-388.htm

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/best-snorkeling-destinations/index.html

6 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

These are paid BS lists = advertising....while I can not judge some of the destinations - any list that does not have Egypt/ the Red Sea  in their top 10 is TOTAL BS to begin with - and can not be trusted at all!👍

18 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

These are paid BS lists = advertising....while I can not judge some of the destinations - any list that does not have Egypt/ the Red Sea  in their top 10 is TOTAL BS to begin with - and can not be trusted at all!👍

OK well to satisfy you, here's a couple that include Egypt/Red Sea:

https://www.spotmydive.com/en/news/12-top-best-snorkeling-destinations

https://www.edreams.com/blog/the-worlds-best-places-to-snorkel/

And a few other ones that I suppose are also BS according to your standards:

https://www.islands.com/worlds-10-best-islands-for-snorkeling/

https://www.cntraveler.com/galleries/2015-02-24/top-10-island-beaches-for-swimming-and-snorkeling

https://www.purewow.com/travel/best-snorkeling-in-world

Or are you now going to say that all 8 of the links I've posted are BS? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by time4u2go

2 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Yes! 👍

Nothing beats snorkeling in the Red Sea for many many reasons....but hey others want to make money with the newbies...🙄

I never said the Red Sea wasn't amazing.  I was responding to your statement of "Don't expect good snorkeling anywhere in the Caribbean".

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

I never said the Red Sea wasn't amazing.  I was responding to your statement of "Don't expect good snorkeling anywhere in the Caribbean".

I stand by that statement - have yet to see a decent snorkeling place in the Carbbean...must suck big time!🙄

Still remember how exited the guide got in Cozumel - to see ONE pale octopus and a few lame parrot fishes.....🙄

Not my idea of a great snorkel trip!👎

Just now, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I stand by that statement - have yet to see a decent snorkeling place in the Carbbean...must suck big time!🙄

Still remember how exited the guide got in Cozumel - to see ONE pale octopus and a few lame parrot fishes.....🙄

Not my idea of a great snorkel trip!👎

I'm curious...how many different places have you snorkeled in the Caribbean?  Have you been to any of the places on any of the "BS" lists I posted?

7 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

I'm curious...how many different places have you snorkeled in the Caribbean?  Have you been to any of the places on any of the "BS" lists I posted?

Yes some....

St. Kitts?😱Seriously???

Belize.....not great and difficult access!🙄

DomRep another...seriously?🙄

Most if not all others on the lists are not Caribbean....!

But to turn it around....name ONE that you think is great snorkeling in the Carribean - about even to Egypt....🤔🤣

28 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I stand by that statement - have yet to see a decent snorkeling place in the Carbbean...🙄

🙄

👎

Have you tried Bonaire?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Have you tried Bonaire?

Yes - that one was just OK but again not easy to access......frankly at this point I am too spoiled to go out of my way to try any spots in the Caribbean...for me Egypt is SO much more fun and relaxing....so doing it on a cruise - jumping through hoops for a not so good experince is a waste of time!👎

Keep hearig about good spots in the Caribbean and when I get there - keep being disappointed...😱

That is why anybody should not expect much in the Caribbean when they have been to REALLY good spots before!👍

1 minute ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Yes - that one was just OK but again not easy to access......frankly at this point I am too spoiled to go out of my way to try any spots in the Caribbean...for me Egypt is SO much more fun and relaxing....so doing it on a cruise - jumping through hoops for a not so good experince is a waste of time!👎

I can understand that.

• Thanks 1