Transportation to Port in Boston

somat

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to get from ct to the pier in Boston

going on the Beantown to beaches cruise on the Serenade of the Seas in October. party of 4

Thanks in advance

Can you be more specific about what you mean by “best” (which is pretty subjective in any event)? Are you driving?  Are you staying one or more nights pre-cruise? 

Edited by Turtles06

we r looking to get there via a service and we r going up on the day of the cruise

any company's that offer this service to the port would be helpful info

4 hours ago, somat said:

we r looking to get there via a service and we r going up on the day of the cruise

any company's that offer this service to the port would be helpful info

Where are you coming from in CT?

Check local bus tour companies that do runs to Boston.  My area has one that does trips to NY for a fee ($90 round trip for a cruise shuttle, about 3-4 hours to NY from where I am).  Maybe your area has something similar to Boston.

IMHO, best would be chartering a stretch limo and arriving in style.

Realistically, you might find it easier just to drive and park at the port. Though I suppose you could do Amtrak to Boston, then Uber it to the port (or take the Silver Line).

The OP is doing a repo cruise.  Perhaps they could do a one way car rental with a drop off in Downtown Boston instead of Logan Airport.  Drive to the Cruiseport to drop luggage, return the car (Enterprise is the closest - Budget is at Long Wharf on Atlantic Ave - there are others which can be researched), and Uber back to the port.

The cruise leaves on a Sun, so traffic on I84 and I90 (Mass Pike) should be minimal in the early morning.  Black Falcon terminal is only a few blocks from the I90 exit 25 to South Boston.

2 hours ago, 138east said:

The OP is doing a repo cruise.  Perhaps they could do a one way car rental with a drop off in Downtown Boston instead of Logan Airport.  Drive to the Cruiseport to drop luggage, return the car (Enterprise is the closest - Budget is at Long Wharf on Atlantic Ave - there are others which can be researched), and Uber back to the port.

Certainly helpful to have that detail!  I like the car rental idea, now that we know the OP is only going one-way to Boston.   :classic_smile:

• 2 months later...

One suggestion would be to drive to the Braintree Park & Ride and catch one of the taxis that are waiting there.  Take the taxi to Black Falcon Pier for the cruise (probably run you around $50 for the cab).  After the cruise, catch the Braintree Express at Logan to return you to the Braintree Park & Ride where you can pick up your car.  $7 a day to park there and secure.  $11 pp for the Braintree bus to Braintree.

OR drive to Black Falcon and park, do cruise and after you return to Boston via Logan, take a cab to Black Falcon to pick up your car. 

On 8/14/2019 at 9:44 AM, 138east said:

As mentioned in earlier posts the OP is going only one way to Boston for a repositioning cruise.

I understand that.  But if they decide to drive to Boston to catch the cruise they could then fly back to Boston after the cruise and pick up their car here and then drive home.  Otherwise they could fly from Hartford to Boston and catch a cab to the pier and then after the cruise simply fly back to Hartford.  I'm just giving another alternative.

Edited by Teeara

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on your return flight plans...are you ticketed into Hartford or Boston?   If Hartford, you can take a taxi/uber to Hartford and take Greyhound bus to Boston and taxi/uber to the cruise terminal (or take the Silver Line T).  If Boston, then I would just park at Black Falcon cruise terminal and take a taxi/uber from Logan airport after the cruise.  Enjoy!  Lynne

On 8/14/2019 at 8:48 AM, Teeara said:

One suggestion would be to drive to the Braintree Park & Ride and catch one of the taxis that are waiting there.  Take the taxi to Black Falcon Pier for the cruise (probably run you around $50 for the cab).  After the cruise, catch the Braintree Express at Logan to return you to the Braintree Park & Ride where you can pick up your car.  $7 a day to park there and secure.  $11 pp for the Braintree bus to Braintree.

OR drive to Black Falcon and park, do cruise and after you return to Boston via Logan, take a cab to Black Falcon to pick up your car. 

South Windsor is within spitting distance of Bradley Airport, so OP would be insane to fly back to Boston from FL - unless air fares were truly weird.  I would drive a rental car (probably picked up at Bradley) to Logan and then taxi to Black Falcon.