Majesty or Empress to Cuba in November

1 minute ago, blueridgemama said:

Will Trump's Cuba travel ban that he just imposed affect cruises to Cuba?

Yes. Although already-booked travel seems to be grandfathered, cruise lines will probably be unable to accept any new bookings to Cuba, and rather than sail less than full, many itineraries will likely be changed.

1 minute ago, kochleffel said:

Yes. Although already-booked travel seems to be grandfathered, cruise lines will probably be unable to accept any new bookings to Cuba, and rather than sail less than full, many itineraries will likely be changed.

1 minute ago, kochleffel said:

What a shame and disappointment for those looking forward to their cruise.

19 minutes ago, kochleffel said:

Where are you getting your info that already booked cruises will be grandfathered in?  RC has not officially said anything and I'll admit that I haven't seen the full text of the restrictions imposed.

36 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

Will Trump's Cuba travel ban that he just imposed affect cruises to Cuba?

It could, time will tell.....and how strong the cruise industry is will factor into the pressure that could come to bear.

They may not be grandfathered in FYI. "Cruise ships as well as recreational and pleasure vessels are prohibited from departing the U.S. on temporary sojourn to Cuba effective tomorrow,” the Commerce Department said in a statement to The Associated Press."

I'm sure RCI is reaching out to get the full details but it doesn't sound like Cuba cruises are going to be happening. 

1 hour ago, rghermes said:

Where are you getting your info that already booked cruises will be grandfathered in?  RC has not officially said anything and I'll admit that I haven't seen the full text of the restrictions imposed.

This is the only thing I've seen to suggest a grandfathering but as @kochleffel  said, they may alter itineraries if they can't sail full. Look at #6 under Travel.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/cuba_faqs_new.pdf

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 12:38 PM, kochleffel said:

Yup! We booked one of those. Now it's Key West/ Bahamas.