What happened to "Welcome Aboard" gifts for Diamond? **lighthearted**

We've just returned from our Oasis of the Seas cruise, and I was really pleased to see that my son's were using their grandparent's "welcome aboard" gift of a lovely RCCL branded hanging toiletries bag circa 2006. Grandparents would have been Diamond members back then.

This made me think.... we have been Diamond for a few years, and never had a gift of that calibre.   Of course, I realise being Diamond is no big deal anymore.... We got a plate of cookies, a can of Sprite Zero, and some chocolate strawberries mid-cruise on Oasis.  

Has anyone had anything decent (in the past or present), as a welcome gift from RCCL?

Edited by *twinkle*

Years ago I got a nice tote bag, beach towel, big fruit basket, and a few other things I can't recall.  Past few years just the cookies and pastries like you describe.  I do get a decent bottle of wine as the D+ gift and a few bottles of water.

5 minutes ago, davekathy said:

But now look at all you will be getting. 

This cruise will have lots of firsts, including the Diamond status, and going in a JS instead of a full suite. Also first cruise with a port with Visa requirements!

I have a collection of tote bags from a few years ago. Each bag has the name of the ship we were on when we received the gift. We also used to get Diamond Plus pins and we have a collection of those also.

13 minutes ago, BearsAhoy said:

This cruise will have lots of firsts, including the Diamond status, and going in a JS instead of a full suite. Also first cruise with a port with Visa requirements!

Make sure to call the C&A desk at 1-800-526-9723 and advise them of your welcome aboard gift preference. The selections are per person as well as all the other diamond benefits. 

image.png.51f12d2bf1345ce1a14a2e059b3b7107.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Make sure to call the C&A desk at 1-800-526-9723 and advise them of your welcome aboard gift preference. The selections are per person as well as all the other diamond benefits. 

Thanks!

I can’t figure up where to do this online. Do you have the link for the menu in the screenshot?

I knew about this, but I believe I read that if you did not call and select something that the default was water (or something else which was fine with us).  However, it seems that if you do not call the default is nothing.  LOL

8 minutes ago, BearsAhoy said:

Thanks!

I can’t figure up where to do this online. Do you have the link for the menu in the screenshot?

You can't anymore. You will need to call C&A and make your selections. I copied this years ago from RCs website when we use to be able to do online ordering. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BearsAhoy said:

This summer we will have our first cruise as Diamonds. Now I know what we’ve missed.

Those gifts weren't "Diamond gifts".  They were C&A gifts - gifts for all returning C&A members.

When you go to the "Diamond Event" or Diamond Lounge for the nightly free booze and appetizer party ask the waiter for two bottles of water just before leaving. Seen many people do this even though you are "supposed" to consume all beverages in the DL. They don't seem to mind, at least they didn't on our recent Radiance cruise. Even the host was getting the water and giving it out.

Edited by WeLuvVacation

On 6/1/2019 at 11:50 AM, davekathy said:

You can't anymore. You will need to call C&A and make your selections. I copied this years ago from RCs website when we use to be able to do online ordering. 

Sigh. No doing it the easy way 🤷‍♀️

On 6/1/2019 at 1:51 PM, davekathy said:

I don't see scotch! 😉

• Haha 3