Amex offer

sambamama

On 6/24/2019 at 12:47 PM, cknic said:

Thanks.  I want to use it to make a payment on the cruise which isn't until 5/20...I have used offers like this before but never had to contend with the booking date.  Will check further. 

The "new bookings only" wording has always been there and there is no reason to believe that anything has changed (nor, to be honest, is there any reason to believe that they have a way of knowing that it's a new booking). 

21 hours ago, trk_koa said:

Turns out you HAVE to use the same card number you first added the deal on. Being the same account doesn’t work.  

That’s what worked for us last offer with two cards on the same account.

Didn’t get the offer from Amex, so added to each card from the link here on CC, then did 2 separate transactions a day or 2 apart online on HAL. We bought excursions with one card and OBC with the other (we had already transferred our reservation to the Big Box that doesn’t take Amex).  For both transactions we got an immediate notification from Amex of the credit to the account.  

18 minutes ago, LF23 said:

That’s what worked for us last offer with two cards on the same account.

Didn’t get the offer from Amex, so added to each card from the link here on CC, then did 2 separate transactions a day or 2 apart online on HAL. We bought excursions with one card and OBC with the other (we had already transferred our reservation to the Big Box that doesn’t take Amex).  For both transactions we got an immediate notification from Amex of the credit to the account.  

They closed that loophole last year.  Now it’s only one promo offer per account.

35 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

They closed that loophole last year.  Now it’s only one promo offer per account.

That does make sense, we were surprised it worked. And it seems we were really lucky as we just did this in March!  Yikes. 

9 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

That's not true. It's one promo per person. If you have an authorized user who has a card on the same account, you can both redeem the offer, assuming you each loaded it to your card from the respective login. What you can't do anymore is load it to multiple cards registered to the same person.

You could never just load the offer to a single card on an account and then use it on other cards on that account.

Edited by MisterBill99

On 6/28/2019 at 7:35 PM, MisterBill99 said:

That's not true. It's one promo per person. If you have an authorized user who has a card on the same account, you can both redeem the offer, assuming you each loaded it to your card from the respective login. What you can't do anymore is load it to multiple cards registered to the same person.

You could never just load the offer to a single card on an account and then use it on other cards on that account.

On 6/28/2019 at 10:16 AM, *Miss G* said:

I read the same thing.  People are upset because their statement credits are being rescinded ... taken away down the road if given on the same account.  It looks as though they've gotten it and it is taken away months, even a year later.  I think the article was published in the porthole newsletter.  

43 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I read the same thing.  People are upset because their statement credits are being rescinded ... taken away down the road if given on the same account.  It looks as though they've gotten it and it is taken away months, even a year later.  I think the article was published in the porthole newsletter.  

I read that some AMEX offers were being "clawed back" (the technical term) but had not heard about them doing it with the WLCL offer, just stuff like Staples, and that was many months ago. I probably shouldn't talk about it for fear of jinxing things.

And just to be clear, multiple people (authorized users) can legally redeem an offer on the same credit card account. It's one person who cannot redeem an offer on multiple accounts anymore.

Edited by MisterBill99

11 hours ago, MisterBill99 said:

I read that some AMEX offers were being "clawed back" (the technical term) but had not heard about them doing it with the WLCL offer, just stuff like Staples, and that was many months ago. I probably shouldn't talk about it for fear of jinxing things.

And just to be clear, multiple people (authorized users) can legally redeem an offer on the same credit card account. It's one person who cannot redeem an offer on multiple accounts anymore.

Aha!  I think you are right!  Now, I don’t get the offers anymore but have used them many times in the past.  Only one account but my DH has a different CC number and finally signed him up to access our account online and he got it so we were able to use this offer after all.  Yay!  

Wish I’d have thought of that when that $225 statement credit for Princess was out there.  Oh well, not to be too greedy ... we got this one for HAL so am happy about that.  

1 hour ago, scotslizzy said:

You are all so lucky in the USA I checked with Amex in the UK and no such offer exists . But that is par for the course here . Enjoy your offers.

Scotslizzy

Yeah, I've never heard of these offers being available outside of the US.

I received the Princess offer in May and it expired on July 1. Today I received a Carnival offer ($75 when charging $350 on the card) that expires Aug 16.  Still no HAL offer. I will keep checking. Apparently, they know i have only used the previous Carnival Corp offers for HAL and I am not getting one specific to that brand. 

Womp, womp. First world problems! 😌

13 minutes ago, Ready2go11 said:

I received the Princess offer in May and it expired on July 1. Today I received a Carnival offer ($75 when charging $350 on the card) that expires Aug 16.  Still no HAL offer. I will keep checking. Apparently, they know i have only used the previous Carnival Corp offers for HAL and I am not getting one specific to that brand. 

Womp, womp. First world problems! 😌

Just book a Carnival cruise! 😀

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ready2go11 said:

Interesting...

the Carnival offer popped up on my benefits list today as well, even after receiving a Princess gift card offer last spring as well as the current HAL offer, which, by the way, I successfully used by buying OBC for my upcoming cruise.  Got the notification email from AMEX within minutes of submitting payment via HAL website. Reinforces what someone mentioned earlier... with this offer, AMEX is giving $150 back for a $500 HAL purchase, no matter whether it's a new booking or OBC.

Very thankful...Every little bit helps!! 

Just got the $75 offer from Carnival, but does no good on Holland cruises:

DETAILS

Get a one-time $75 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a Carnival Cruise Line reservation purchase of $350 or more at carnival.com or at 1-800-764-7419 by 8/19/2019. See terms for exclusions.

OFFER TERMS

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only for qualifying Carnival Cruise Line reservations booked directly via www.carnival.comand by phone at 1-800-764-7419 between 7/3/2019 and 8/19/2019. Offer only valid for transactions made in US dollars. Excludes Holland America, Princess Cruises, Seabourn and Cunard brands, purchases made onboard cruise ships and purchases via mobile app. Excludes single and group shore excursions, weddings and occasions, meetings, charters, airport transportation, Fly2Fun, in-room gifts and shopping add-ons, and The Fun Shops. Not valid for gift card purchases

14 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Interesting,,,,,,,,,,,  my Carnival offer disappeared today (one day after it showed up)????

I checked this morning and it's under both of our cards.  Too bad it's only for Carnival!