Question for the Ladies

DRedmond

Wondering what you all use for shore excursions that primarily involve walking through Europe (Baltics in August... nothing like swimming, snorkeling etc where you need a change of clothes). I am not a purse person and typically would only carry my phone with wallet, a little cash, maybe some sort of tourist map (hopefully big enough that I can actually read it haha) and a passport as necessary. 

Functional belly fanny bum bag works better than the over the shoulder bags - more secure.

"BUT"

also consider wearing cargo shorts with the huge cargo pockets on the side seams.

Having ones arms (hands) free to handle grabbing hand rails in boarding and exiting the ship

or excursion vessel is important.

THEN do you really need all that space to lug things around ?

Passport - credit card - small amount of money in a sort of money belt

Your cabin key card can go on a neck lanyard.

There are no dress codes for how you tote your stuff - just consider safety and security !

I bought a travel purse last year for our trip to Italy/Croatia/Greece and it worked great and I used it again this past March for the Caribbean.

It locks and is water proof. I took a small travel wallet with a bit of cash, a credit card and my drivers license. It also fit my glasses case (wore my sunglasses all the time but needed my regular ones just in case), my cell phone (although that was attached to my wrist pretty much all the time!) and a small bottle of pain killers just in case. I just wanted something that would not be easy to grab or slash or open if I was distracted and this fit the bill.

I always wear pants ( crop trousers ) with zip pockets and a small cross body purse then spread money / passport / credit card ect around pockets / purse ect . Only take the bare minimum ashore with you and enjoy your cruise x

I prefer a tote bag so that I can carry everything mentioned above, plus a bottle of water and a small telescopic umbrella. You may need both of those in the Baltics in August as you are likely to have both heat and/or a shower. We did it last September and loved it, especially St Petersburg!

On 6/3/2019 at 11:27 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

Functional belly fanny bum bag works better than the over the shoulder bags - more secure.

"BUT"

also consider wearing cargo shorts with the huge cargo pockets on the side seams.

Having ones arms (hands) free to handle grabbing hand rails in boarding and exiting the ship

or excursion vessel is important.

THEN do you really need all that space to lug things around ?

Passport - credit card - small amount of money in a sort of money belt

Your cabin key card can go on a neck lanyard.

There are no dress codes for how you tote your stuff - just consider safety and security !

Wearing your cabin key card on a neck lanyard just screams, “I’m a tourist” to all the potential pickpocketers.

When we left out of Barcelona on a cruise a few years ago, I purchased one of these:

https://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/anti-theft-small-crossbody/353312?productid=10614509&cat=crossbody-bags&country=US&currency=USD&ebcpkey=keywords&couponid=94790994&sourceid=ADWPRODEBAGS&adtype=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwuXyqbPS4gIVAkYNCh3soQXKEAQYASABEgLD3_D_BwE

It was the perfect size and had some safety features that I liked.  We were warned against pick-pockets and gypsies but once there, I didn't see any of that.  At any rate, I felt like my belongings were secure and the bag wasn't very big or cumbersome.

23 hours ago, LrgPizza said:

If you go to the fashion forum here on cruise critic, you will find tons and tons of helpful info on this topic, as it is discussed regularly.

Not to mention that this has nothing to do with NCL. 

• Like 1