What ship would you recommend?

I loved the technology on the Quantum Class (Anthem). It was super modern and we had a ton of fun. There were 2 indoor pools so it wasn't a huge deal that it left from a cooler weather climate (we went in November).

I've now been on Allure and Symphony and I feel like Oasis class just can't be matched anywhere else. I don't think I'd ever get tired of cruising on them. So if you liked it the first time, I'd highly recommend going again.

9 minutes ago, JEN5508 said:

We loved the Oasis.. just thought of doing a different one.. maybe 1 with waterslides this time...  

Oasis will have slides by then, though prices out of lovely Bayonne may be higher than from Florida.

22 minutes ago, JEN5508 said:

We went on the Oasis 3 years ago and looking to go June 2020 for my son's High School Graduation...

Jennifer

You didn't say whether you enjoyed your experience on Oasis, so if you did, then I'd suggest one fo the newer Oasis class ships, such as Symphony or Harmony.

7 minutes ago, JEN5508 said:

How do the Symphony and the Harmony compare to the Oasis?

Slides vs no slides (Oasis).  Different restaurants and shows.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Oasis will have slides by Nov 2019

And dont forget better welds

Yes, but will the slides be installed (welded) in FInland or France or Spain?  That is the real question.

• Haha 2

We love Oasis!  And since it is for your son (I assume you are taking him :classic_laugh: ) then there would be tons of things on the ship to do for a teenager with all the new additions after her dry dock.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Slides vs no slides (Oasis).  Different restaurants and shows.

By June of next year, Oasis will basically be the same as Harmony/Symphony, no?  In terms of the actual ship itself, that is.

4 minutes ago, PlanetX said:

By June of next year, Oasis will basically be the same as Harmony/Symphony, no?  In terms of the actual ship itself, that is.

Most likely, though Royal  does tend to make things a bit different at times. For example, I'd be surprised if they retrofitted a pool into the Solarium on Oasis, but it could happen.

• Like 1

Some people love the big ships, some the mid-size, some the smaller ones.  Your question can generate so many different answers and opinions.......

Obviously there are lots of Oasis class lovers.  If you liked it, may as well stick with them.

But since you ask, we prefer Freedom, Explorer, and Radiance class ships.  But, we don't cruise for the slides, bells and whistles that are available on Oasis class.  Nor are we interested in paying the premium for them.  And the smaller ships offer more varied (and better in our opinion) port choices in general.

Edited by bouhunter

8 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Some people love the big ships, some the mid-size, some the smaller ones.  Your question can generate so many different answers and opinions.......

Obviously there are lots of Oasis class lovers.  If you liked it, may as well stick with them.

But since you ask, we prefer Freedom, Explorer, and Radiance class ships.  But, we don't cruise for the slides, bells and whistles that are available on Oasis class.  Nor are we interested in paying the premium for them.  And the smaller ships offer more varied (and better in our opinion) port choices in general.

For the OP with a teenager would definitely recommend an Oasis class or Freedom class AMPED ship because it would be great fun for them.  Oasis specifically currently is still quite reasonable depending on sailing dates vs Harmony/Symphony 

I would look at letting him take a friend along.  While we all love our kids they may not love spending 7 days hanging out with you!

I would go for a ship that allows for the most fun for a teen but don't forget the ports and what he might be able to do while in port.

• Like 2