Carnival Sunrise visit June 10

jimbo5544

8 hours ago, sararebekahquinn said:

Thank you so much for the pics and sample schedules for the youth program!!!

Your welcome, we were really pressed for time (which is totally unusual), sorry I could not do more.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 6:29 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Your welcome, we were really pressed for time (which is totally unusual), sorry I could not do more.

Hey Jimbo - I was there as well, you got to see much more than I did. I really wish I saw more, but our table at lunch was the last to dine - at that point I just wanted to go home LOL. We are booked for a Journey's cruise next year. I do thank you for the pictures - we just went and saw some of the state rooms. You mentioned a Jr Suite, I didn't think the sunrise had Jr suites.?  ETA my apologies, I see it now! 

Edited by disfan13
  • Thanks 1

Thanks! Change is good. There were many things we enjoyed about Triumph but we weren’t blind and she looked her age. Updated and sophisticated spaces throughout.  

Still wondering what will happen to Fantasy class but expecting those with the fewest upgrades to start retiring after Mardi Gras is finished and expect them to keep only what they need for size-limited ports.

On 6/6/2019 at 8:54 AM, thesmiths said:

Cabin 6461, Smuggle some rum on and hide it for my 9/4 cruise 🙂

Just kidding.

Any pics of the updated cabin would be nice.

First time on that class ship.

Like to know some quiet area's to hang outside and lounge other then Serenity.

Thank you and have "fun".

There are zero quiet places on the Sunrise, other than your cabin.  Bring noise cancelling headphones.

On 6/6/2019 at 2:37 PM, jimbo5544 said:

We were already on for the naming Ceremony a couple of week ago when she first came to New York.  I can confirm you board the normal way and enter thru the Lobby.

And the lobby is on Deck 3, where you also debark.  The walk on the jetway from the terminal to the ship is very short and easy to maneuver.

On 6/8/2019 at 5:05 PM, shof515 said:

from the various videos i see on youtube, they fixed it. the stage is now in the middle and there is a big open space for lots of seating.

The comedy club is held in the Limelight Lounge on deck 4.  The line forms at the entrance which is to the right of the entrance to the Radiance dining room.

On 6/10/2019 at 4:58 PM, jimbo5544 said:

We just got home (actually to one of our daughters home in CT).   Will post everything up (what we could see and was able to take pics of) tonite.  Would love to see a review of someone who who sailed on the last cruise.  I know she came in on time, but we waited for hours for debark to finish from this Journey cruise.  Debark went to 12:25pm, the longest we have ever seen in all of our cruises.  Although we asked, never heard the reason for this.  I can guarantee that she did not leave on time.

The 5/27/19 sailing was only the 2nd sailing for this ship from New York.  They are still getting the kinks out of the system.  The ship sailed late because of problems loading the ship.

One of the best things is there are now 2 USB ports between the reading lights on the headboard & 2 more next to the telephone.  There are also 2 electrical outlets next to the dressing table mirror.

Thanks for the pictures of the new 3rd Floor ocean view rooms, as I found it/them quite helpful.  Your prior pic post showed that there was someone at the lobby bar on keyboard, so that will help with my question . . .

When you were touring 3128, do you recall how much noise intrusion was going on, and is there a physical door between the actual lobby and the hallway containing these new rooms. My upcoming cabin is very close by and I've considered changing it.

Thanks for any reply.

Edited by DGP1111

It was a whirlwind tour, and not sure, but I believe there were the fire doors that were closed.  Just asked the wife and she said there was a door....  sorry I can’t remember more clearly.  

4 hours ago, beshears said:

Just curious if the Sunrise has the Love and Marriage show?  We love being in the "audience." 🙂

yes. on the june 10 cruise, it was during the afternoon like around 1pm. check the funtimes

On my cruise, i had a cabin on deck 2. this is the first time where i had a noisy cabin. i pretty much heard every noise in the hallway. not sure if the walls is thin or something. Also a first is my door and wall was not magnetic.