LIVE - VISION Med and Greek Isles - 6/11-23

7 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Of course! I completely understand. 😊

I bought the black pair with the decorative beading in Santorini. They have a cushioned sole with arch support (that was something I was looking for) and they were 44€. That was a little higher than the flip-flop style sandals they were selling, but I did see “cheaper-looking” sandals in Santorini for up to 59€. (That’s why I didn’t buy a brown pair I kind of liked in Santorini. Just too pricey for the quality.)

IMG_5367-338x450.jpg

But when we got to the Plaka area in Athens there were tons more shops with leather sandals to choose from. These are the similar pair of brown ones I found for a lot less (29€).

IMG_5368-322x450.jpg

Very nice!

• Like 1

Cafe Latte-tudes is the coffee place on Vision located on Deck 6. It’s also where Ben & Jerry’s (pay) hand-scooped ice cream is located. The (free) soft-serve ice cream is on the pool deck. 

IMG_5322-600x443.jpg

There are snacks, small sandwiches, and desserts served throughout the day (no charge).

IMG_5323-600x449.jpg

Menu and prices 

IMG_5324-308x450.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you so much for this review.  It has kept me hyper enthused for our journey on the vision that starts when you get off.  Our itinerary is different Barcelona Croatia Venice Montenegro salerno rome Florence Marseille but I am sure we will love it the same.  Off to the airport.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, robincorn said:

Thank you so much for this review.  It has kept me hyper enthused for our journey on the vision that starts when you get off.  Our itinerary is different Barcelona Croatia Venice Montenegro salerno rome Florence Marseille but I am sure we will love it the same.  Off to the airport.

Another fantastic itinerary.

Reboarded the ship after a very full day in Rome just a little over an hour ago. It’s going to take a little while to get a few pictures uploaded, but I thought I’d mention...

They cancelled our port of call in Marseille due to scheduled protests that they felt would really interfere with everyone’s excursions. We will be visiting Corsica instead. 

When we arrived in Civitavecchia this morning, I opened our curtains to see we were pulling in next to our big sister. 

IMG_5374-338x450.jpg

But then, look at this!!!

Remember at the beginning of the thread, when I said the very first ship we ever sailed was RCCL’s Sovereign of the Seas?

IMG_5524-600x452.jpg

Docked just the other side of Oasis was Pullmantur’s Sovereign. We got to see the very first ship we sailed (on our first anniversary) on our first trip to the Mediterranean (on our twentieth anniversary).

• Like 8

2 hours ago, aring75 said:

Reboarded the ship after a very full day in Rome just a little over an hour ago. It’s going to take a little while to get a few pictures uploaded, but I thought I’d mention...

They cancelled our port of call in Marseille due to scheduled protests that they felt would really interfere with everyone’s excursions. We will be visiting Corsica instead. 

If it is Ajaccio in Corsica that is where Napoleon Bonaparte was born.

I'm not a big fan of Marseille so I would personally prefer to go to Ajaccio.

Hope you had a fantastic time in Rome and threw a coin with your right hand over your left shoulder into the Trevi Fountain to ensure you will return again to Rome in the future.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, aring75 said:

When we arrived in Civitavecchia this morning, I opened our curtains to see we were pulling in next to our big sister. 

IMG_5374-338x450.jpg

Remember at the beginning of the thread, when I said the very first ship we ever sailed was RCCL’s Sovereign of the Seas?

IMG_5524-600x452.jpg

Docked just the other side of Oasis was Pullmantur’s Sovereign. We got to see the very first ship we sailed (on our first anniversary) on our first trip to the Mediterranean (on our twentieth anniversary).

Wow that's wonderful, happy anniversary.

• Thanks 1

Corsica is a beautiful port. When we went to Ajaccio there were land trains that took you on a tour along the coast. There were 2 itineraries, we chose the longer one and we were glad we did. Scenery is stunning and well worth the cost

• Like 1

This is the best review for Vision OTS with beautiful pictures,  daily planners and menu etc. Thank you so much for sharing.

At the port, is the 'all aboard' time usually one hour before the ship departs?

• Like 1

On 6/20/2019 at 3:23 PM, aring75 said:

IMG_5374-338x450.jpg

IMG_5524-600x452.jpg

That was my first cruise as well.  Sovereign was what got me hooked to cruising.  Enjoying the review.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2019 at 6:30 AM, JBSteelerfan said:

We actually did!!  Never got enough for a tshirt though. 

We have the yellow "Ship Shape" tshirt...my adult son wears this vintage shirt often and it's still in great shape considering it's from the early/mid 1990"s.

• Like 1

Okay everyone! I realize I took a few days off. The internet connection was just too rough to try to stay on top of the pictures. But we just got home last night. I’ve got the majority of the pictures uploaded and I’m going to try to get everything caught up now. Thanks so much for being patient and hanging in there!!

Left off in Civitavecchia / Rome. And this day was a long one!

If you’ll remember, we had booked a private tour here as well. Our driver was waiting right on the dock for us. We disembarked the ship as soon as we were able (at 7:30am) and left for Rome well before 8.

We met up with our guide in the city of Rome and started our tour at the Pantheon. 

IMG_5393-600x450.jpg

IMG_5385-338x450.jpg

Of course, no stop to Rome is complete without a visit to Trevi Fountain. And no visit to that famous fountain is complete without tossing a coin over your left shoulder (with your right hand) to ensure your return trip to Rome. 

IMG_5399-600x450.jpg

Unfortunately, the picture of me where I’m throwing my coin in the fountain? Non-existent. It should be there. Mark took the picture! But...no where to be found.

After the visit to the fountain, we traveled the short distance to Piazza di Spagna and the Spanish Steps. 

IMG_5404-285x450.jpg

By this time it was really getting warm. We relaxed with a small cup of gelato, and oh man, was it yummy!

IMG_5408-600x590.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, aring75 said:

Okay everyone! I realize I took a few days off. The internet connection was just too rough to try to stay on top of the pictures. But we just got home last night. I’ve got the majority of the pictures uploaded and I’m going to try to get everything caught up now. Thanks so much for being patient and hanging in there!!

Left off in Civitavecchia / Rome. And this day was a long one!

If you’ll remember, we had booked a private tour here as well. Our driver was waiting right on the dock for us. We disembarked the ship as soon as we were able (at 7:30am) and left for Rome well before 8.

We met up with our guide in the city of Rome and started our tour at the Pantheon. 

IMG_5393-600x450.jpg

IMG_5385-338x450.jpg

Of course, no stop to Rome is complete without a visit to Trevi Fountain. And no visit to that famous fountain is complete without tossing a coin over your left shoulder (with your right hand) to ensure your return trip to Rome. 

IMG_5399-600x450.jpg

Unfortunately, the picture of me where I’m throwing my coin in the fountain? Non-existent. It should be there. Mark took the picture! But...no where to be found.

After the visit to the fountain, we traveled the short distance to Piazza di Spagna and the Spanish Steps. 

IMG_5404-285x450.jpg

By this time it was really getting warm. We relaxed with a small cup of gelato, and oh man, was it yummy!

IMG_5408-600x590.jpg

Great pictures,pleased you remembered to throw your coin in the Trevi Fountain.

Pleased you both got home safely and I am looking forward to the rest of your review.

• Like 1