Barccelona Hotel Recommendation Needed

dag144

I will be in Barcelona from Oct 31st leaving on my cruise Nov 4th.  I have stayed at the Avenida Palace several times.  I am looking for recommendations not too far from Las Ramblas at a price of about $175/day.  The Avenida Palace is a four star hotel about 1/2 mile from Las Ramblas.  The price is $167/day.  I would like some ideas for an alternative.  Time for a change.  Thanks in advance.

28 minutes ago, dag144 said:

I will be in Barcelona from Oct 31st leaving on my cruise Nov 4th.  I have stayed at the Avenida Palace several times.  I am looking for recommendations not too far from Las Ramblas at a price of about $175/day.  The Avenida Palace is a four star hotel about 1/2 mile from Las Ramblas.  The price is $167/day.  I would like some ideas for an alternative.  Time for a change.  Thanks in advance.

We left from Barcelona a year ago and stayed at the Universal Barcelona.  It was just off Las Ramblas if I remember correctly and had a lot of restaurants etc around it. 

The nice thing we liked was if we wanted to go somewhere not in walking distance ie. the  ship,. taking uber was easy.

Also,. the hotel has a breakfast (although we found the little place next door much much cheaper and the food nicer too.

Love Barcelona and want you to love it too.

• Like 1

I would recommend you go to “Port of Call”.

Click on “Europe”

Click on “Spain Ports”

You will find many treads (or topics) to choice from on “Barcelona”.

I performed a quick review and saw two (2) treads on Hotels and that was only on the first page.

Good luck.

4 hours ago, dag144 said:

We have always stayed at the Colon Hotel (across from the Cathedral) not a fancy hotel but a great location.

We were on a Princess Med Cruise last May, out of Barcelona. We stayed at the Hotel EuroPark (came highly recommended here on CC).  A quick look at their web site shows rates start at $162. Hotel is smaller, as are rooms (typical European) but a lovely, clean contemporary hotel. Service was excellent. They are about a 15 min walk to Sagrada Familia and about same to LasRamblas. Good central location. Noticed good variety of quality places to eat. We spent only one night there pre-cruise and wished for more.

Enjoy! 

My wife and I stayed at the Hotel Gaudi in May and found it to be great. All the hotels are quite expensive in Barcelona and the Gaudi was a bit less than many of them. This is an older historic type hotel, but very nice. A lot of reviewers talked about how noisy it was, but we didn't find it that way. We did request a quiet room when we booked. They put us on the 3rd floor in the back. The view out our deck wasn't all that great though. This is right next door to the police station and the worse noise we received was from them apparently testing their sirens once in a while. This hotel is directly across the street from the Gaudi museum and within easy walking distance to virtually all of the activities. The hop-on hop-off buses can be boarded only a few blocks away and this is a great way to see the city. We were there for 3 nights and found out you really needed 2 full days to see the entire city on the bus. The management in the hotel was great and very helpful with no language problems (English). The only real downside to the Gaudi Hotel was the very small elevator, which would only hold maybe 3 people at a time. On top of the hotel you have a great view of the Gaudi Museum in all its glory. They have lawn type chair set up there for their guests on top and you can even order drinks while up there if you would like. A breakfast is available at an additional cost when booking and it is well worth the extra cost. Great meal! I would very much recommend this facility for the location and the accommodations. 

We are booked at this hotel. We finish our Northern Lights cruise and then have 4 days in Barcelona before boarding Emerald Princess for the TA. This will be our first time in Barcelona.

Hotel Continental Barcelona
La Rambla, 138
Barcelona, 08002
Spain
Phone. +34 933012570
Fax. +34 933027360

Edited by Thrak

We were super happy in the Hotel Suizo.  It is below your budget and central to the Gothic district and beside a metro stop.  It looks as if it may be busy on your dates but you could book something else cancellable and keep going back.  

• 3 weeks later...

We  stayed at the Hotel Jazz earlier this month.  The rooms are fine, and they have a very nice rooftop bar/informal restaurant when we spent evenings.  It is well located- close enough to walk to La Rambala, and close to a metro station.  It was also easy to get taxis there.  The best part of staying there was the service.  They were able to help us get tickets to La Sagrada Familia and Park Guell.  One of our party had a passport issue, and they went out of their way to assist.  The price wasn't bad, either.  It isn't fancy, but we would definitely stay there again.  

Ohiodoglover

14 hours ago, OhioDogLover said:

We  stayed at the Hotel Jazz earlier this month.  The rooms are fine, and they have a very nice rooftop bar/informal restaurant when we spent evenings.  It is well located- close enough to walk to La Rambala, and close to a metro station.  It was also easy to get taxis there.  The best part of staying there was the service.  They were able to help us get tickets to La Sagrada Familia and Park Guell.  One of our party had a passport issue, and they went out of their way to assist.  The price wasn't bad, either.  It isn't fancy, but we would definitely stay there again.  

Ohiodoglover

Agree...We stayed at Hotel Jazz last month...and would recommend it also....great location and hot buffet breakfast.

We stayed at Arc La Rambla. It was close to Playa Catalunya. They have a left luggage space for early arrivals, and staff were helpful with shopping suggestions as I had delayed luggage. (Husband got his luggage.)

On 6/7/2019 at 12:38 PM, Knickearth said:

We left from Barcelona a year ago and stayed at the Universal Barcelona.  It was just off Las Ramblas if I remember correctly and had a lot of restaurants etc around it. 

The nice thing we liked was if we wanted to go somewhere not in walking distance ie. the  ship,. taking uber was easy.

Also,. the hotel has a breakfast (although we found the little place next door much much cheaper and the food nicer too.

Love Barcelona and want you to love it too.

We really liked universal Barcelona, love roof top bar and pool really great view of the city .