Two different boarding times for same reservation?

Tonight, I completed my mobile check-in for our Allure cruise on June 30th.  Both my wife and I are on the same reservation number but I did not complete her check in until tonight.  I completed my check-in three weeks ago and my assigned boarding time is 11:30 AM but hers is 2:30 PM.  We are both on the same reservation number so this makes no sense to me at all.   Has anyone else experienced this before?

7 minutes ago, ravenrob said:

Tonight, I completed my mobile check-in for our Allure cruise on June 30th.  Both my wife and I are on the same reservation number but I did not complete her check in until tonight.  I completed my check-in three weeks ago and my assigned boarding time is 11:30 AM but hers is 2:30 PM.  We are both on the same reservation number so this makes no sense to me at all.   Has anyone else experienced this before?

Ignore the times. Only a suggestion.

Be like many and check in by 10:45am, this way you will ready to board when they let you. (First B2B, then Star, then Pinnacles and suites, then down the C & A pecking order.

We have never followed the recommendations of when to arrive, we just are too excited and would rather wait at the checkin area, than at the hotel.

Safe travels. 

11 hours ago, ravenrob said:

The times were different when you checked in each but you didn't realize it.  Same thing happened to me but I didn't bother reprinting because as others have said, the assigned time doesn't matter.  If you are still weary you can go back and change the times to match.

11 hours ago, ravenrob said:

A much better question would be... does anyone here pay any attention to the times listed?😉

20 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

A much better question would be... does anyone here pay any attention to the times listed?😉

for US ports they are just a suggestion.   I have been told that for crowded European and Far East ports they are enforced.

• 2 years later...

I realize this is no longer a suggestion and in fact a scheduled time for boarding.

Any recent information regarding same booking reservation number for 2 guests and 2 different required check-in times?

Edited by cruisehabits

6 minutes ago, cruisehabits said:

I realize this is no longer a suggestion and in fact a scheduled time for boarding.

Any recent information regarding same booking reservation number for 2 guests and 2 different required check-in times?

YMMV but on our Adventure sailing in June, 1 member of our party had a later time than the rest of us and was able to check in at our earlier time. It only makes sense just in case someone is denied boarding and their traveling party should need to know.

35 minutes ago, newbie070708 said:

YMMV but on our Adventure sailing in June, 1 member of our party had a later time than the rest of us and was able to check in at our earlier time. It only makes sense just in case someone is denied boarding and their traveling party should need to know.

Thanks for the reply.

I just thought it to be odd.  I figured if it allowed 1 person in the reservation to secure the check-in time that it would automatically schedule the 2nd person in the reservation for the same check-in time.

I would imagine there are opportunities where the people traveling together may not necessarily arrive @ the pier for check-in together (ex.; flying from a different city to port of departure).  

Not a big deal for us.  We will arrive together.  If they allow us to check in together, awesome!  If not and the 2nd person is required to wait, we will defer to the later check-in so we can stay together.

Take care and stay well.....safe travels to all!  🙂

The word from people who have been cruising is that they are being pretty strict about boarding times these days and if you go early you need to be prepared to wait outside until your turn arrives.

I think if your time is 11:30a and your wife is on the same reservation they will not turn her away to wait outside while you go in.  You could call Royal and ask them about it directly to be sure.  However, worst case is, you may just end up waiting a couple of hours with your wife in the unlikely possibility they don't let her in.  I can't imaging that happening though.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:59 PM, ravenrob said:

Same reservation for both of you, we would show up for the 11:30 AM time. 

This very thing happened to me.  I ended up with a 12:30 check-in time, but couldn't complete the online process for my daughter until about 4 hours later.  When I did, the earliest time available was 1.  I'm just going to drag her along with me at 12:30, and if she has to wait an extra half hour, well, maybe I'll wait with her!  I also figured that since we are on the same reservation that the check-in times would be the same.

Edited by kpark895