Scandinavian Ports of call

Very interesting ports - those four ports at the same cruise?

- very few cruise ships are visiting those ports - Oulu in Finland only two cruise ships while four in Luleå In Sweden in 2020. 

Fredrikstad In Norway a little bit more commonly visited while I’m not aware of any cruise ships sailing to Pori in Finland.

Might not be a lot of help here at CC - I have visited all the cities but never on a cruise.

2 minutes ago, hallasm said:

Very interesting ports - those four ports at the same cruise?

- very few cruise ships are visiting those ports - Oulu in Finland only two cruise ships while four in Luleå In Sweden in 2020. 

Fredrikstad In Norway a little bit more commonly visited while I’m not aware of any cruise ships sailing to Pori in Finland.

Might not be a lot of help here at CC - I have visited all the cities but never on a cruise.

Yes the ship Spirit of Discovery is visiting those four ports as well as Stockholm and Skagen. I don’t yet know what excursions the ship is offering but was wondering if there is enough to do in each port without taking an excursion. 

In Fredrikstad  you can make a boat trip through the scenic archipelago of Hvaler, Visit Hvaler with 833 islands and skerries.
or take a tour to the fantastic Canal system of Halden and have canal boat tour.
Some more inspiration Fredrikstad cruise port
Unfortunately I cannot help on Oulu, Pori or Luleå.

Okay I'm probably the only one funding it funny that the headline says Scandinavian port of call and then the list only contains 2 Scandinavian ports. 

Despite my snarky comment I can't recommend anything from these ports. 

My only suggestions is to seach for the local tourist boards website and see what information they have. 

Another source of information is to look at what tour the ship is offering and then do your search on these attractions yourself. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/8/2019 at 9:13 AM, sweep said:

Can anyone give me any information about the following ports please?

Oulu

Pori

Lulea

Fredrikstad

I’m also visiting Stockholm and Skagen.  Obviously the Finnish ports have the euro but the others have their own krona. Do any of them accept euros or will I have to buy the specific krona for each one?

1 hour ago, sweep said:

I’m also visiting Stockholm and Skagen.  Obviously the Finnish ports have the euro but the others have their own krona. Do any of them accept euros or will I have to buy the specific krona for each one?

No guarantees for your experience, but I don't think I have paid with cash even once here in Norway so far this year. You can pay (almost) anywhere with credit cards.

2 hours ago, sweep said:

’m also visiting Stockholm and Skagen.  Obviously the Finnish ports have the euro but the others have their own krona. Do any of them accept euros or will I have to buy the specific krona for each one?

Credit Cards very widely accepted for Denmark and Sweden - however recommended to have a Chip/Pin card - you will not need Kroner - Euro is not widely accepted, but if tipping (not required in Denmark or Sweden) you can tip in Euro.