Laundry deal

Pduaime

We did the laundry deal on the Escape.  Everything came back nicely folded and no running of colors anywhere.  We were quite impressed with the laundry deal. We liked it. We thought they did a great job of returning the clothes back to us in great shape. No problems. We will do it again on the Getaway.

They put little tags in each item to match it back to you. We mixed laundry with no issue, and the steward said something about making sure we itemized so he could make sure we get all pieces back. 

I was pleasantly surprised by how large the bag was and absolutely thought it was worth $20 to be able to pack less. 

We have never had problems.  As others mentioned, items will be tagged and we do fill out the itemized list so the number of items matched.  We were traveling for 14 days on our honeymoon trip - with a 7 night Bliss cruise in the middle of our trip - and I counted on doing laundry on the ship so we could pack lighter.  We were able to stuff about 5 days worth of tops, underwear, and a couple of jeans in the bag.  Nothing bled but I did not put any specialty items in the bag or items that were brand new.  I brought a silk blouse to wear in the evenings for dinner and I hand washed that in the stateroom and hung it on the drying line in the shower.  On NCL, you can request to borrow an iron, which is what I did, and then did a quick steam of the silk and it was ready to go.  

About that bleeding issue between darks and lights.

If you have not washed you duds before I would take care to not mix whites and darks.

With modern day detergents and fabrics after the first wash everything should be OK.

Some gift shop items or fabrics purchased out on the economy I would be careful these

not having seen that first wash experience.

Of course lingerie and delicates (silk etc.) should not be machine washed in the operation

that NCL does.

NCL also does Dry Cleaning but is not included in the Bag Deal.

Need an iron and ironing board ask your cabin attendant

Of real interest take the BST Back Scenes Tour and see the laundry operation first hand.

Pop the question - any questions about the laundry of your clothes and then be amazed

using it and receiving back your fresh clean clothing in wrapped wicker baskets or on

hangers all neatly folded and accounted for - Oh that accounted for  !  BEWARE those

itchy scratchy ID tags applied to clothing at the collar waist and perhaps some place else !

Funny story about NCL laundry; this happened about four years ago, we put in our bag for wash and the next day had an officer cone to the cabin with someone from laundry to explain they forgot to put the tags on everyone’s laundry and were unsure of who’s was who’s. We had to go through baskets of laundry and figure out what was ours. As did others that had laundry done that day. We still laugh about digging through a basket of undies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, originalglide said:

New cruiser... is this deal something that we need to purchase/add ahead of departure or is it offered once we are on the ship?

It will be offered about half way through your cruise.  You do not have to sign up or purchase ahead of departure.

Edited by teachberry
clarification

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, Lbicklel said:

Will they take specific instructions like “wash cold, dry on low heat?”

They will read garment tags. 

Clothes are washed in large industrial washers along with 10’s of thousands of pieces of laundry daily. 

BFD9F3C9-0F1D-4465-89D7-53C42E2C8759.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

Those machines are 7 feet tall (floor to ceiling) and open like a bank vault and can do some 50 or more conventional

household loads at a time. The machine as shown is a front loader which is generally more efficient than a top loader

and uses far less water.

Laundry is a 24/7/365 operation bedding towels table cloths napkins (thousands of them daily) crew uniforms and

your personal laundry - there is a separate Dry Cleaning and Tailor/Seamstress operation also.

If you take the BST be prepared to be awed !

• Like 1

Agree with all the positive comments re the $20 laundry special. Probably best value for money on the cruise. We usually have a 2 week vacation so tag a week on to the cruise so always take them up on their laundry deal. Used it on Escape , Getaway and Bliss.The clothes have always come back in good shape. I wouldn’t send any really delicate items but shorts T-shirt’s underwater the stuff you want to rewear it’s fine.

Silly questions. 

I’d like my button up shirts pressed ???   Is there a way to have them done on board ?   

And how often on a 7 day cruise can you have laundry done?   

Is there a certain day they do it ?   

Just wanted to chime in that I am also very pleased with the laundry on board NCL - both the free Latitude laundry bag and th $20 laundry special. But after getting some items back  a little grey instead of white because my husbands black boxers were in the mix, I just leave any black stuff out of that laundry bag, and problem solved. 

On a side note I would however like to mention that I carefully read the washing instructions on each piece of clothing before putting it in the laundry bag on board, (just like I would do at home) and I am surprised about how much modern clothing that "feels like cotton" but is in a delicate fabric or a mix of fabrics that do NOT "survive" tumble drying. At home that is not a problem at all, as I rarely use the tumble dryer. So before going on cruises I now read the washing labels even before I pack our clothing, just to be certain that clothing can be washed on board if needed... 😉

16 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Silly questions. 

I’d like my button up shirts pressed ???   Is there a way to have them done on board ?   

And how often on a 7 day cruise can you have laundry done?   

Is there a certain day they do it ?   

On a 7 days cruise, there will normally only be one laundry special offered - but you can have laundry done any day of the cruise, and just pay the regular "a-la-carte" prices. Same goes with pressing.

Bildet kan inneholde: innendørs

Edited by TrumpyNor

4 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

On a 7 days cruise, there will normally only be one laundry special offered - but you can have laundry done any day of the cruise, and just pay the regular "a-la-carte" prices. Same goes with pressing.

Bildet kan inneholde: innendørs

Awesome.  Thank you this is perfect, now I don’t have to worry about keeping my button down shirts all neat.  Lol.       Ahh single life.  Lol 

thanks again 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

The full Laundry - Dry Cleaning List:

img20190723_11524356.thumb.jpg.bffffdc8c7ea4555330d7fd85ff951ee.jpg

Could this be an older laundry slip? As I see the prices for the laundry part being more expensive for certain items on the slip I posted than on this one. 

Edited by TrumpyNor

3 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

Could this be an older laundry slip? As I see the prices for the laundry part being more expensive for certain items on the slip I posted than on this one. 

No doubt you are right - I just pulled out a file copy and scanned/copied it.

It was from my cruise on the SUN - September-October 2017.

The prices sure make the 'Bag Deal' a bigger better deal than ever !

Interesting question of Jasonmom about having more than one bag on Bag Day Deal

Is the Bag Deal - one per cabin - or one per person ?

Considering all the laundry one can stuff into the bag albeit a bag smaller than a pillow case -

which is what I would expect and use.

Recently in a suite NCL had nylon bags about pillow case size with a corded draw string closer.

NCL should have those fleet wide instead of the fragile flimsy paper sacks.

• Like 1

Wow big jump in price on some items in 2 years lol.    Always something.   

But still well well worth it to have a few casual shirts pressed for this single guy lol.   

Edited by Ptroxx
  • Like 1