Sky Suite choice.s help please

39august

I currently have SS2 2125 Equinox booked for May of 2020. I see that both aft facing SS2 2153 and 2148 are available. Should I change to one of these for the same price?  Both aft facing suites connect to the corner suite next door which concerns me a bit. The 2125 is supposed to be under a carpeted area that is does not get as much noise from above as those suites further toward the rear on the side. Never stayed in a sky suite yet but looking forward to my first in Sept. 

2153 and 2148 are nor connected directly to each other, there is a door from the main hall to a small foyer which is where the individual doors to both cabins are located.  So should one want to “connect” the 2  cabins they could keep the door to each cabin open and the main hallway door closed.

Very quiet location.

26 minutes ago, 39august said:

I currently have SS2 2125 Equinox booked for May of 2020. I see that both aft facing SS2 2153 and 2148 are available. Should I change to one of these for the same price?  Both aft facing suites connect to the corner suite next door which concerns me a bit. The 2125 is supposed to be under a carpeted area that is does not get as much noise from above as those suites further toward the rear on the side. Never stayed in a sky suite yet but looking forward to my first in Sept. 

Are you on the May 2/20 sailing? If so, have you looked at the price difference between your SS2 and SS1 stateroom #1403? It’s on Deck 10 and you would not have to worry as much about the activities that go on above your current Deck 12 location in the Oceanview Cafe.

If your preference is to stay with your current pricing, the risk you run in moving to the aft portion is the noice from the outside deck of the Oceanview Cafe. Maybe a little noise from the movement of chairs, but we have always enjoyed the aft staterooms.

Just a thought.

We have been in 2150 and have it booked again.  Besides being an aft cabin the balcony is a little deeper and there is some overhang to protect us from the elements.  Noise from above was never a factor.   The one you currently have has a lot of overhang and the balcony isn’t as deep.  The aft cabins below have very little overhang if any.  We could look down on all of them.  

Some don't like the aft because it is a little further to walk. You have to walk about 1/4 of the ship to get to the stairs or elevator.    You may also occasionally get a little fishtail affect depending on the weather, wave conditions and speed.  

Another  problem with a aft is in some ports you may be looking at the bow or stern of another ship or just the ocean and sometimes that isn’t all bad.  Not many ships back into the port if first in.  

FYI.  We always try to book a aft and so do many others and they are the first to get booked.  

Go go for it 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for the input. I may move to the aft. The problem with suites on lower decks is that there is no overhang apparently. We enjoy shade on our balcony and cover if there is rain. Have enjoyed many nights out there with rain all around. So probably have to stay with deck 12. 

You will have more overhang in your original location.   

We try to avoid the sun and like the shade instead of the hot sun beating down on us and didn’t have a problem with the aft.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

3 hours ago, 39august said:

Any room that you choose will be great. Enjoy all the privileges that go with being in a suite. Just having the ability to eat in the Luminare or have a cocktail in Michele’s and now having are suite only sun deck with a hot tub.

4 hours ago, 39august said:

aft facing cabins are nice.  I had one on the Equinox in 2017.   Great  balcony *** little to no shade***  I could barely use it.    It was nice in the evening to see the wake of the water.  If you are sensitive at all to motion ..beware..  My Brother-in-law who is use to being on the water (he lives on an island)  was sea sick ..10 night cruise and he spent it in bed cause the vibration  of the propellers.   I don't mind the vibration...or even if the boat is rocking.  it makes me drift off to sleep