Pays to check EZ Air daily

canadarocks

2 hours ago, knbcruisers said:

Just start a dummy booking, and click on “flight quotes” .  You can play around with all the options.  If you find something good then go to your actual booking

I do this too but I always "save" my booked cruises.  That way with a couple of clicks I can easily check both the cruise and EZAir pricing.  The only time I haven't gotten the same air fare by modifying my actual flights in the Cruise Personalizer is when there's an air fare sale that only applies to new bookings.  The sale fares are usually in red with the usual fare in strikethrough font so it's easy to tell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, firecrewcapt said:

EZ Air is great going to Europe and vice versa, the prices do fluctuate quite often, with that said going to South America is another story. Some of the flights I've seen for the two of us costs more than the cruise itself, business class, but I keep checking and will till the cutoff date but not looking good.

I agree, the fares for South America haven't been good, especially on United, our favored carrier.  We booked one way in business using award miles, so our EZAir is a one way reservation.  Originally I grabbed business from PHX to SCL for $2K each through EZAir.  The business segment was for the longer leg from Houston to Santiago, getting to Houston was economy which was fine with us.  Business for both segments would have been (and still is) a whopping $4K each so I couldn't justify doubling the airfare for an hour and a half flight in first.  When the economy fares dropped below $800, I switched our flights to economy but when the flights are ticketed, I will probably contact United to use miles and a copay to get on the upgrade waitlist.  There's a big risk that we won't get the upgrade but if we do the cost will be significantly lower than booking business outright.  Here's hoping for both our sakes that the fares become rational soon!

3 hours ago, lellenm said:

Ok, just checked, my airfare has INCREASED by $150!!!!!  So I will be staying with my original price!  

Thanks for all the information.

Keep checking.  You never know...  😊

5 hours ago, Ombud said:

Same flight / same seats / instead of owing $15 they owe me $21. Asking PVP to buy more OBC as I got it in the Dad25 promo

(Went from 135 to 98)

PVP just issued $21.12 as additional OBC 👍

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I do this too but I always "save" my booked cruises.  That way with a couple of clicks I can easily check both the cruise and EZAir pricing.  The only time I haven't gotten the same air fare by modifying my actual flights in the Cruise Personalizer is when there's an air fare sale that only applies to new bookings.  The sale fares are usually in red with the usual fare in strikethrough font so it's easy to tell.

Yes, this way there is no risk of messing up your existing booking !!

1 minute ago, knbcruisers said:

Yes, this way there is no risk of messing up your existing booking !!

I select to modify flights. It actually does nothing until you accept the change. 

• Like 1

I rebooked our air Sunday when a flight I liked had an $80 price drop. That was the third time I checked that day. I really didn’t like the flight I had so I was motivated to keep looking. The point is- sometimes you luck out if you are willing to check.

• Like 1

As I mentioned earlier, I also check flights daily which I did this morning.  After reading this thread, I decided to check again this afternoon and for one of our cruises airfare came down $120.  Jumped on that one!

• Like 2

So has anyone had any luck booking first class seats with EZ-Air with a decent fare? This will be our first cruise with Princess and trying this EZ-Air, so curious how it works. Trying to book flights from east coast to Seattle RT next May, still waiting for the 330 days to roll around. Have tried reading threads about what to watch out for, looking for any helpful tips. Thanks!

13 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

So has anyone had any luck booking first class seats with EZ-Air with a decent fare? This will be our first cruise with Princess and trying this EZ-Air, so curious how it works. Trying to book flights from east coast to Seattle RT next May, still waiting for the 330 days to roll around. Have tried reading threads about what to watch out for, looking for any helpful tips. Thanks!

Yes, I have found decent domestic first class fares on EZair.  I always check what's displayed there against the airline website to confirm that the former is a deal.  By the way, I've found that EZair usually opens up for pricing anywhere from 5 to 10 days after flights are available on the airline websites.  And it triggers based on the end date of the cruise.  If I'm curious about when it might be available, I search for a similar cruise that is before our cruise and model out what dates it allows.  The number of days from the latest date allowed by the search engine vs. our departure date indicates how long I have to wait for airfares to appear for our cruise.  Hope that makes sense!

On 6/11/2019 at 5:55 PM, canadarocks said:

I admit I'm incredibly anal when it comes to checking prices, whether it be hotels, cruises, etc. But my obsessive behaviour paid off big time yesterday. An EZ Air flight I had never seen before (and as I said, I look daily) suddenly showed up as an option at $200 less than what I had already booked. Pounced on it of course. Today, that same flight is $400 more than it was yesterday. 

Great for you!  I also look.  Unfortunately my flight which I booked when it first came out (international first class) was $1269.  Decided to see if they still offered my exact flights as getting within 3 mos. of cruise, and they do, but now it is $3755!! So glad I booked when I did!!

Pooh

8 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Yes, I have found decent domestic first class fares on EZair.  I always check what's displayed there against the airline website to confirm that the former is a deal.  By the way, I've found that EZair usually opens up for pricing anywhere from 5 to 10 days after flights are available on the airline websites.  And it triggers based on the end date of the cruise.  If I'm curious about when it might be available, I search for a similar cruise that is before our cruise and model out what dates it allows.  The number of days from the latest date allowed by the search engine vs. our departure date indicates how long I have to wait for airfares to appear for our cruise.  Hope that makes sense!

Thanks for all this helpful information!  The only other thing I'm concerned about is my husband and I and one adult daughter will all be flying out the same day, whereas the other adult daughter will be flying 2 days later because of work (still day before cruise starts), so will it be a problem trying to book airfare differently for her vs the other 3 of us?  It says it's flexible airfare, hoping they will be flexible with this, lol.  Also we're going to book first class seats, not sure what she wants to do yet, so also questioning how that will work.  Counting down to their release, and hoping it will be a little bit of savings off the rack rate with airlines.

28 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Thanks for all this helpful information!  The only other thing I'm concerned about is my husband and I and one adult daughter will all be flying out the same day, whereas the other adult daughter will be flying 2 days later because of work (still day before cruise starts), so will it be a problem trying to book airfare differently for her vs the other 3 of us?  It says it's flexible airfare, hoping they will be flexible with this, lol.  Also we're going to book first class seats, not sure what she wants to do yet, so also questioning how that will work.  Counting down to their release, and hoping it will be a little bit of savings off the rack rate with airlines.

If you have two reservations, it might be easier.  If you're on one, you may need to call Princess to see if they can help you.  They used to be able to book round trips in different classes of service (such as business one way for the longer leg and economy for the shorter flight) but the last time I asked, they said they don't do that any more.  They would be your best source for info on what can and can't be done in terms of flights.  If you find a good deal on the first or business class flights, you might be better off booking economy for the others independently!

On 6/12/2019 at 7:43 AM, silversneakers said:

When we saw the price drop on our flights booked by EZ Air we were excited because it was significant.  However, we upgraded (paid for upgrade) directly with the airline, chose our seats and all was fine. When we called the airline (directly) we were told if the price was adjusted it would result in a new booking number and the upgrade cost would be non refundable and non transferable. Lesson learned.

I have been corrected...it should have been called a PRN (passenger record number) as it does not affect the cruise booking number only the airline record.