Expedited Renewal Of United States Passports

Keith1010

I know turn-around time will vary but wanted to share my experience from our recent expedite of passport renewals for my wife and myself.

I did pay the additional fee to have them expedited and returned via postal express mail.

They were received by the passport location on Thursday, May 30.  On Friday May 31 I could see the checks were processed.  On June 3 I did receive a confirmation

that they were processing the passports but obviously with the cancelled checks and also tracking that the application and passports were received by the aganecy

I knew they were in process of working on this.  The notification included locater numbers for each passport renewal application.

On June 5,  I received e-mails with United States Postal Service tracking numbers for each of the two new passports.

Passports arrived to our home on Saturday, June 8.  In total nine calendar days to get the passports from the time the renewal applications were received to the time the

new passports were in my hand.  The old passports arrived to our home on Monday, June 10.

The quoted time for all passport "expedited" passport renewals is two to three weeks.

I was very pleased with the correspondence (thought this was an improvement from the last time we renewed passports.

My advice is to always pad all of this for things that can go wrong whether that is delays caused by a variety of reasons or even your initial renewal application getting lost or the new

passports getting lost.  

Keith

• Thanks 1

I wish the State Department would let you keep your old passport while they process the renewal. Then you can apply 1 year in advance, and never be without a passport (and not have to pay the Rush fee).

Edited by richmke

On 6/11/2019 at 11:33 PM, Keith1010 said:

I know turn-around time will vary but wanted to share my experience from our recent expedite of passport renewals for my wife and myself.

I did pay the additional fee to have them expedited and returned via postal express mail.

They were received by the passport location on Thursday, May 30.  On Friday May 31 I could see the checks were processed.  On June 3 I did receive a confirmation

that they were processing the passports but obviously with the cancelled checks and also tracking that the application and passports were received by the aganecy

I knew they were in process of working on this.  The notification included locater numbers for each passport renewal application.

On June 5,  I received e-mails with United States Postal Service tracking numbers for each of the two new passports.

Passports arrived to our home on Saturday, June 8.  In total nine calendar days to get the passports from the time the renewal applications were received to the time the

new passports were in my hand.  The old passports arrived to our home on Monday, June 10.

The quoted time for all passport "expedited" passport renewals is two to three weeks.

I was very pleased with the correspondence (thought this was an improvement from the last time we renewed passports.

My advice is to always pad all of this for things that can go wrong whether that is delays caused by a variety of reasons or even your initial renewal application getting lost or the new

passports getting lost.  

Keith

And you can renew your passport as far ahead as you want.