Review Pursuit 28th May - 7th June

Mrs Miggins

Have a great time on your river cruise Pam. I seem to have both Internet and email at the moment! 

Will book for us tomorrow! 

As Pam knows, I'm on Pursuit at the moment and we are having an overnight in Malta. Having a great cruise and actually went on a very good Azamara shore ex today, which was a tour of the island of Malta. We are sailing to nearby Gozo at 6am tomorrow morning. 

All seems well with Pursuit and the new lady entertainer in The Den called Vasi is packing them in. Barely a seat to be had unless you are there early. She is really good. Had a great dinner in Prime C and then enjoyed CD Tony's show on deck. Fireworks were going off as Valletta has a festival today. 

6 hours ago, Lottie A said:

Have a great time on your river cruise Pam. I seem to have both Internet and email at the moment! 

Will book for us tomorrow! 

As Pam knows, I'm on Pursuit at the moment and we are having an overnight in Malta. Having a great cruise and actually went on a very good Azamara shore ex today, which was a tour of the island of Malta. We are sailing to nearby Gozo at 6am tomorrow morning. 

All seems well with Pursuit and the new lady entertainer in The Den called Vasi is packing them in. Barely a seat to be had unless you are there early. She is really good. Had a great dinner in Prime C and then enjoyed CD Tony's show on deck. Fireworks were going off as Valletta has a festival today. 

Saw some pictures of your lovely day and evening. Is  Vasi a singer or piano player or both. I think Pusuit been lucky with the best of crew,entertainment etc. How is the food compared to sister ships?

Robin, Vasi (a lady) is both a singer and piano player. She is really good and very lively. The Den is packed out every night. Tony did his one man show on deck last night while we were berthed in Malta. He sang some more current music like Adele and John Legend, as well as the old classics and I very much enjoyed that. Malta had a festival last night and there were fireworks, so it was an excellent night. We also had the most talented young violinist a few nights ago. I could have listened to him for hours. 

Food onboard is great, of course it is as we have Chef Monica! As you know I went to Prime C last night with Lee and we had a fantastic meal, but it is just as good in Discoveries. Haven't tried the Patio yet this cruise but I might go there for lunch and try one of HGC's husband's favourite Greek burger's! Also they have a limited stock of Fever Tree tonic onboard! Lots of Schweppes as well. 👏

I'm having a wonderful time onboard Pursuit and being treated like The Queen! 

I also did a very good ship's shore ex around the island of Malta yesterday. Well organised, knowledgeable and pleasant guide and she let us go inside a beautiful church in Mosta when we were only supposed to visit the outside. We had made good time with everyone being back promptly from the previous stops, so we had an extra 20 minutes and she asked us all if we wanted to go inside. It was magnificent. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Lottie A

Glad you are enjoying yourself.  The advantage of Malta on a Saturday night in the summer, there is bound to be a Festa.  They actually have ensured each village's Saints day is spread around the weeks/months (seriously that is true!).  Yesterday was Our Lady of Sorrows so you would see the San Paul fireworks from the ship.

Nice to hear of a good excursion, if only Azamara could get consistency we would all be happier.  Mind in Malta, they have such tight local standards you would be unlucky to get a bad one.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 7:44 AM, uktog said:

Glad you are enjoying yourself.  The advantage of Malta on a Saturday night in the summer, there is bound to be a Festa.  They actually have ensured each village's Saints day is spread around the weeks/months (seriously that is true!).  Yesterday was Our Lady of Sorrows so you would see the San Paul fireworks from the ship.

Nice to hear of a good excursion, if only Azamara could get consistency we would all be happier.  Mind in Malta, they have such tight local standards you would be unlucky to get a bad one.

I know nothing about the tight local standards for excursions, but it is the only port where we encountered a very disreputable taxi driver who we hired in Valletta to take us back to the ship.

And another couple on the same cruise had a similarly distressing experience.

6 minutes ago, nordski said:

I know nothing about the tight local standards for excursions, but it is the only port where we encountered a very disreputable taxi driver who we hired in Valletta to take us back to the ship.

And another couple on the same cruise had a similarly distressing experience.

The standards re tour guides are tightly controlled by the tourism authorities.  Unfortunately taxi drivers have become a law unto themselves when more immigrants arrived.  I am disappointed but not surprised there were issues to be honest re taxi drivers.  The only thing you can do is photo their taxi plate

• Thanks 1

Lottie

Thank you for the update on Vasa and Tony's show. I think his show is good but like most shows needs some new songs.  Shows need to be updated for all the repeat cruisers. I would love to hear Vasa.

i wonder what the shows and The Den will be liked on Quest. Been  about 18 months on that ship. So outside of the HD and a few crew I know no one. I will be teaching people how to make a Robin Cosmo.

as I have fever tree  in house it will be nice to know if it is on ship.

Enjoying all your updates