6/22 Carnival Vista delayed?

MsRay1961

received this email from Carnival regarding our 6/22 8 days cruise:  

"Dear Carnival Vista Guest,

Carnival Vista is experiencing an issue affecting its maximum cruising speed. Our technical team completed their full assessment of the necessary work once the ship arrived in Galveston today. Unfortunately, due to the reduced cruising speed, it was necessary to extend the cruise departing on June 15 to an 8 day sailing, returning June 23.   We apologize for the impact this will have on your vacation plans. Our team is in the process of assessing the status of your cruise and we will get back to you with an update no later than 6:00 PM (EST) Tuesday, June 18, 2019.  If you have air travel plans, please do not reschedule your flights until you receive our update. In the event you have any air related change fees, Carnival will provide reimbursement.   We appreciate your patience and understanding."

So, I assume our 6/22 cruise would now depart on 6/23, but still waiting to hear back from Carnival.  They'll have to get back to Saturday-Saturday schedules soon, so I think they will shorten our 8 day cruise.  I hope they don't remove Belize from the itinerary.  

TIA,

Vickie

19 minutes ago, MsRay1961 said:

received this email from Carnival regarding our 6/22 8 days cruise:  

"Dear Carnival Vista Guest,

Carnival Vista is experiencing an issue affecting its maximum cruising speed. Our technical team completed their full assessment of the necessary work once the ship arrived in Galveston today. Unfortunately, due to the reduced cruising speed, it was necessary to extend the cruise departing on June 15 to an 8 day sailing, returning June 23.   We apologize for the impact this will have on your vacation plans. Our team is in the process of assessing the status of your cruise and we will get back to you with an update no later than 6:00 PM (EST) Tuesday, June 18, 2019.  If you have air travel plans, please do not reschedule your flights until you receive our update. In the event you have any air related change fees, Carnival will provide reimbursement.   We appreciate your patience and understanding."

19 minutes ago, MsRay1961 said:

So, I assume our 6/22 cruise would now depart on 6/23, but still waiting to hear back from Carnival.  They'll have to get back to Saturday-Saturday schedules soon, so I think they will shorten our 8 day cruise.  I hope they don't remove Belize from the itinerary.  

TIA,

Vickie

They will most likely reduce the number of days from 8 days to 7 days. I assume that you were originally going to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Costa Maya. Chances are that you will miss Costa Maya, but not any other port. 

I'm on the June 22nd cruise on the Vista and it wasn't an 8 day cruise...it was a 7 day that was leaving Saturday and returning Saturday...we scrambled to get a hotel room for the extra night in Galveston and just have to wait to see what the length will end up being.

I called Carnival today due to their email being very vague. It does not state when our previously scheduled 6/22 cruise on the Vista will leave. After speaking to 4 customer service representatives, I spoke with a mngr. She stated the cruise will now be shortened to 5 days or be canceled all together. The decision will not be made until 6/18. Great job Carnival, way to leave your customers hanging.

39 minutes ago, Tagb123 said:

I called Carnival today due to their email being very vague. It does not state when our previously scheduled 6/22 cruise on the Vista will leave. After speaking to 4 customer service representatives, I spoke with a mngr. She stated the cruise will now be shortened to 5 days or be canceled all together. The decision will not be made until 6/18. Great job Carnival, way to leave your customers hanging.

I really hope this is not the case. Hopefully only shortened to 6. We payed way too much for it to only be 5 days.

Carnival did state they will reimburse for the 2 days or the full cruise if canceled. It's very disappointing they add an extra day to the cruise sailing before ours, but then decide to shorten or cancel the 6/22 cruise. I was told to just "book" another cruise if it's canceled. Obviously Carnival does not understand most people have jobs and a lot of planning goes into vacations. We cannot just change our vacation to another week. I will never book another cruise with Carnival again. I understand things happen but the way they speak to their customers is uncalled for. Extremely disappointed our vacation is on the verge of being canceled and told to just wait it out....

Edited by Tagb123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tagb123 said:

Carnival did state they will reimburse for the 2 days or the full cruise if canceled. It's very disappointing they add an extra day to the cruise sailing before ours, but then decide to shorten or cancel the 6/22 cruise. I was told to just "book" another cruise if it's canceled. Obviously Carnival does not understand most people have jobs and a lot of planning goes into vacations. We cannot just change our vacation to another week. I will never book another cruise with Carnival again. I understand things happen but the way they speak to their customers is uncalled for. Extremely disappointed our vacation is on the verge of being canceled and told to just wait it out....

Yeah we're pretty disappointed too. I already looked at Carnivals other ships leaving Galveston and they are all booked. Pretty much all the way through July. Not sure how they can tell us to re-book. We brought our grandma from mexico to come with us on this cruise and here we are... A possibility of it being cancelled or shortened.

3 minutes ago, Whatnah78 said:

Yeah we're pretty disappointed too. I already looked at Carnivals other ships leaving Galveston and they are all booked. Pretty much all the way through July. Not sure how they can tell us to re-book. We brought our grandma from mexico to come with us on this cruise and here we are... A possibility of it being cancelled or shortened.

4 minutes ago, Tagb123 said:

It's hard to know what to do when they are not making a decision until 6/18. Our travel plans are up in the air until they decide what they're doing. I'm so disappointed with Carnival.

It really is difficult. Right now me and my family are just here waiting till the 18th so we know what we need to do. My hope is they just fix the propulsion issues on the cruise that's going on right now and maybe they could get back to port on time. Or they email every future cruises and tell them the Vista will now be sailing from sunday-sunday but that is lots to ask for in itself.

I was hoping the same, Sun-Sun. The Carnival representative who called her self a manager stated they do not want to disrupt anymore cruises following ours. That is why ours is taking the brunt of it. She was pretty certain it would become a 5 day or be canceled if they could not accommodate that. 

1 minute ago, Tagb123 said:

I was hoping the same, Sun-Sun. The Carnival representative who called her self a manager stated they do not want to disrupt anymore cruises following ours. That is why ours is taking the brunt of it. She was pretty certain it would become a 5 day or be canceled if they could not accommodate that. 

Did she mention where it will be going? If anything i hope it will go to Roatan and Belize cause on our previous cruises with Carnival we have been to cozumel multiple times.

She could not tell me an itinerary. She stated if it's not canceled we would set sail 6/23, 24 or 25 and the cruise would be shortened. Her guess was a 5 day cruise, she mentioned that she has been with Carnival for a long time and this is what usually happened. Although no guarantees until the itinerary is released 6/18. I was disappointed how it was not a big deal to her. We've had this vacation planned for months and I was basically told my best bet is to cancel, receive 100% refund and rebook. 

6 minutes ago, Tagb123 said:

She could not tell me an itinerary. She stated if it's not canceled we would set sail 6/23, 24 or 25 and the cruise would be shortened. Her guess was a 5 day cruise, she mentioned that she has been with Carnival for a long time and this is what usually happened. Although no guarantees until the itinerary is released 6/18. I was disappointed how it was not a big deal to her. We've had this vacation planned for months and I was basically told my best bet is to cancel, receive 100% refund and rebook. 

This is crazy. This cruise was also fully booked so there are many disappointed people such as me and you. They are about to make people switch to Royal Caribbean. They better give a very good compensation. Hopefully %100 cruise credit for future cruises with Carnival. No matter how many days it is.

Edited by Whatnah78
  • Like 1

If I have to cancel....I will definitely never book with Carnival again. We will go with another cruise line. I've never been treated so poorly by a company in my entire life. Again I realize things happen beyond their control but they need better customer service. 

Just now, Tagb123 said:

If I have to cancel....I will definitely never book with Carnival again. We will go with another cruise line. I've never been treated so poorly by a company in my entire life. Again I realize things happen beyond their control but they need better customer service. 

Honestly i just hope they AT LEAST make it a 6 day. if not i would expect a refund on the ports we don't go to and a darn good Cruise Director. I just want my grandma to go on her first cruise before she can't walk anymore.

John Heald posted on Facebook that the passengers on the current cruise are receiving very generous compensation for the changed itinerary: $200 onboard credit, 50% future cruise credit, up to $200 for change fees for flights, plus free gratuities for the extra day and extending any week-long packages for internet and drinks a day at no additional cost. I'm sure the passengers scheduled to leave next week will receive something generous as well. I would wait until Tuesday before deciding whether to cancel or not. A 5- or 6-day cruise can still be a lot of fun. 

7 hours ago, Whatnah78 said:

This is crazy. This cruise was also fully booked so there are many disappointed people such as me and you. They are about to make people switch to Royal Caribbean. They better give a very good compensation. Hopefully %100 cruise credit for future cruises with Carnival. No matter how many days it is.

You're not going to get a free cruise just because you were inconvenienced for one or two days. That's not how any of this works.

• Like 5

Inconvenienced a day or 2? So far Carnival customer service is stating the cruise will be shortened, no idea how long yet or just canceled. Vacationers have travel plans that just can't change on a whim. It's beyond our control. This is more than a day or 2 inconvenience. Our vacation that has been planned for months is now on hold, no idea when we'll leave or if we will ever leave. They are telling customers to "just cancel" if you call their customer service, no info is available and the cruise is less than a week away.....DISAPPOINTING!

Edited by Tagb123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, geoherb said:

John Heald posted on Facebook that the passengers on the current cruise are receiving very generous compensation for the changed itinerary: $200 onboard credit, 50% future cruise credit, up to $200 for change fees for flights, plus free gratuities for the extra day and extending any week-long packages for internet and drinks a day at no additional cost. I'm sure the passengers scheduled to leave next week will receive something generous as well. I would wait until Tuesday before deciding whether to cancel or not. A 5- or 6-day cruise can still be a lot of fun. 

I would sure hope it's a generous compensation. The Cruise that's current has amazing compensation and an extra day!!!

1 hour ago, Sean_B said:

You're not going to get a free cruise just because you were inconvenienced for one or two days. That's not how any of this works.

More than one of two days... Especially if it's cancelled I'm pretty sure it's a possibility.