July 18th Insignia Sailing Port changed today AFTER the deadline

seacruiser123

OMG--after the cancellation deadline passed yesterday, they have changed the first port from St. Barts to St. Maartens!!!!!! Did anyone see that? We are already visiting Martinique. This is not cool. One of the only reasons we stayed because out of the entire itinerary, St. Barts was the draw. NOT OK! I am totally disappointed in Oceania and the way they have handled this. We have cancel for any reason insurance--we will be cancelling unless this is corrected.

When did they change it?

maybe you can still cancel if it was today  they changed the itinerary

I would call your TA or Oceania & ask

Maybe St Bart's did not want a ship there  after all

Not sure why they just canceled it, Regent canceled their stops to St Bart’s in April and May.   We were there last year on a Sunday and found all stores but 2 closed, and most taxi/tour operators shut down.   If you had a pre arranged tour with a local, you will need to advise them of the cancelation.  Unfortunately the cruise contract states they may substitute at any time, so if your heart is set on one itinerary, you may want to go there on a land trip, as these cancelations occur on cruises.   

We know cancellations can occur on cruises as well as port changes enroute, but would have known this on Friday when the deadline was . They sent us an email about other items--could have mentioned it then. 😞 

1 minute ago, Cruseforme said:

Not sure why they just canceled it, Regent canceled their stops to St Bart’s in April and May.   We were there last year on a Sunday and found all stores but 2 closed, and most taxi/tour operators shut down.   If you had a pre arranged tour with a local, you will need to advise them of the cancelation.  Unfortunately the cruise contract states they may substitute at any time, so if your heart is set on one itinerary, you may want to go there on a land trip, as these cancelations occur on cruises.   

Could be the port changed  it ?

Seems a lot of ports are cutting back on how many ships  they are allowing to dock now

Venice. Amsterdam, Santorini  just to name a few

the port cities do not want all the tourists  from some of the ships anymore

12 hours ago, seacruiser123 said:

You must not be on this sailing. They gave us until Friday to accept the proposed new itinerary or cancel for a full refund. 

I'm on the 7/18 sailing and am currently on Insignia...no notice to me by email or in person from the ambassador Jennifer.  I'm going anyway because a port change doesn't affect my purpose for booking this.

22 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I'm on the 7/18 sailing and am currently on Insignia...no notice to me by email or in person from the ambassador Jennifer.  I'm going anyway because a port change doesn't affect my purpose for booking this.

Deadline was last Friday June 14th. Ports were the only reason we booked this cruise to begin with (Cuba) and only stayed b/c St.Barts & San Juan..but just barely. Otherwise, we would have cancelled & cruised elsewhere.

10 hours ago, seacruiser123 said:

Deadline was last Friday June 14th. Ports were the only reason we booked this cruise to begin with (Cuba) and only stayed b/c St.Barts & San Juan..but just barely. Otherwise, we would have cancelled & cruised elsewhere.

have you called to see if they will still allow you to cancel?

22 hours ago, seacruiser123 said:

Final payment was 6/16...what deadline was 6/14?

5 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Final payment was 6/16...what deadline was 6/14?

Final payment for those of us on the original Cuba cruise was actually  back in April. We had until close of business on 6/14 to accept the new itinerary (which was with St. Bart’s 😠 ) or cancel the cruise. See attached. 😎 

E65C195C-DC45-4849-A791-53B8BD025037.jpeg