Separate Beds in Balcony prearrangement

Separate beds has been on my profile for 10+ years and we’ve never gone in our room the first time and had it set up that way.  However, we just ask our Room Steward when he checks in with us the first time, and he takes care of it at evening turn down.  

Not sure how to request bed placement today and we don't bother with it anymore.  When we did make a request it was not consistently met.  I think they leave the beds as positioned for the previous cruiser and adjust them as necessary during the first night turn down service.  Don't worry about it and just let your room steward know if they need to be changed.  They will happily do that for you.

Inconsistent results with prerequesting it.  I also notice that they do not use their initiative when it is obvious it is a mother and daughter travelling together and set the beds apart when making the room.

It if is not how you want just ask your steward and he will change the config when he does the evening turn down service.  

It used to be on line.

But then they stopped actually paying attention to the choice.  And finally removed the option.

The only way to deal with it is to ask on board.