What did you wear formal night?

lghgha

I usually wear a somewhat dressy, but not long dress with a shrug over it.   Last cruise, one dress was black velvet, one was blue.  Both pack up small, don't require ironing, and are comfortable enough.  And then after dinner I more or less ran to my cabin to get back into shorts/tshirt/flip flops before doing anything else.  Whatever you wear, you'll see people less dressy and more dressy than you.  

I wear a dress that would be suitable for a summer party or wedding, and DH wears a sports jacket with dress pants, shirt and tie for the first "elegant " dinner. For the second I wear a different dressy outfit and he wears a "Hawaiian" shirt with casual summer pants. 

29 minutes ago, mikenbon said:

I wear a dress that would be suitable for a summer party or wedding, and DH wears a sports jacket with dress pants, shirt and tie for the first "elegant " dinner. For the second I wear a different dressy outfit and he wears a "Hawaiian" shirt with casual summer pants. 

Does he also wear Hawaiian shirts on casual nights? I saw someone on my last cruise who wore one nightly. Thought it was cool he had so many. His wife wore them sometimes too! 

For the first Elegant Night :

1213180233_VistaCaptaingala5560298.thumb.JPG.96b6a0283c41c80fec817a37cf57d524.JPG

For the second Elegant Light:

CSM-170512-Stairs2-7497621_GPR.thumb.jpg.9f0f29112db6de610aca01535c3c03d6.jpg

or we will do matching Hawaiian Prints (sorry no pics). Me in a maxi dress and  DH in Dockers (navy or black) with a pair of Sperry.  

I wear a pair of Dockers and a polo shirt. My wife wears a nice pair of slacks and a pretty blouse. We stopped "dressing up" for Elegant night several years ago, when the airlines started charging $25.00 per checked bag. We learned to pack less, which meant no more suits for me or fancy dresses for my wife. We decided we already had plenty of pictures of us dressed up for dinner and didn't need or want any more. We also discovered that the steak and lobster (or whatever was on the menu) tasted exactly the same whether we were dressed up or less formal.

• Like 2

I'll have black "dress" pants on, and a polo, maybe a button up shirt, a tie if I remember.   While I find the whole thing ridiculous (cmon, 5 hours before you were having a Guy's Burger), I'm not going to show up in shorts and a t-shirt.

One year I did actually pack a jacket as well, but Caribbean, June, fat guy...nah...not elegant at all.  Maybe if I was in better shape I wouldn't mind more of a classic look, but flying and stuff, just not worth it.

• Like 1