Carnival sunrise. The worse ship ever

Seeleyhs17

I got off the Sunrise on August 7th and LOVED the ship -  Embarkation was a breeze - my check in time was 11:30 - 12:00 - got to the port at 11:40 and walked right on the ship.  Debarkation we were off the ship by 10:00 - we did not have priority nor did we carry our luggage off.  Had YTD used the HUB app and never waited more than 10 minutes for a table.  Never had a problem finding something to eat at dinner and we were out of the dining room in anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half - that is fine for us but I understand too long for others.  The bar staff were great and there was always someone walking around the aft pool to take drink orders.  Never had a problem getting a seat at any of the shows even if we got there 10 minutes before the show.   I could go on and on with what a great time we had - if anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them if I can.  Anyone going on the Sunrise - relax she is a great ship!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

In the pictures I've seen, she looks like a beautiful ship. I have only one question, and it might seem weird but it is important to me. Does the Sunrise have a library?

I haven’t been on Sunrise but I don’t recall seeing a Library on deck plans or videos I have seen for Sunrise. Someone who has been on her can give you a definite answer. 

8 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

In the pictures I've seen, she looks like a beautiful ship. I have only one question, and it might seem weird but it is important to me. Does the Sunrise have a library?

It does not have a library. I think that was replaced with the Cafe. The cafe does have some games and maybe some books. 

11 hours ago, Long Island65 said:

I got off the Sunrise on August 7th and LOVED the ship -  Embarkation was a breeze - my check in time was 11:30 - 12:00 - got to the port at 11:40 and walked right on the ship.  Debarkation we were off the ship by 10:00 - we did not have priority nor did we carry our luggage off.  Had YTD used the HUB app and never waited more than 10 minutes for a table.  Never had a problem finding something to eat at dinner and we were out of the dining room in anywhere from an hour to an hour and a half - that is fine for us but I understand too long for others.  The bar staff were great and there was always someone walking around the aft pool to take drink orders.  Never had a problem getting a seat at any of the shows even if we got there 10 minutes before the show.   I could go on and on with what a great time we had - if anyone has any questions I would be happy to answer them if I can.  Anyone going on the Sunrise - relax she is a great ship!

Thanks for this!  I will be on the Sunrise in September and I am very happy to read your post.  Glad you had a good time.  My friend and I are looking forward to our cruise.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vicky3vicky said:

Yes to what everyone has said - they have some books and games in Java Blue Café but the selection is very limited!  

18 hours ago, Long Island65 said:

Glad you had a good time.

Were there seats available around the aft pool?

The mods should either close this thread or atleast change the title. The worst ship ever? People are booked on this ship and this thread title is so negative and could spoil peoples trips before they even get on the ship. There nothing wrong with criticizing a ship. But keep the negative salacious comments to yourself.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

This thread has done nothing to distract me from the great cruise we will have.

We just booked someone on our cruise again on the Sunrise for next summer because they loved the ship that much.

1 minute ago, Maraprince said:

Would you say that 10 -10:30 AM is a good time to order a pick up from the pier on the return to NY?

MARAPRINCE

If they are doing self debark

Edited by jimbo5544

10:30 and being plat may work. For our cruise they started with self debark and had way thru started regular debark thru the aft gangway.  It was pretty congested trying to get to our bags.....  Their experience may vary, but I would say 11 is safer....

15 hours ago, thesmiths said:

Glad you had a good time.

Were there seats available around the aft pool?

There were lounge chairs up on deck 10 most of the day but around the pool, at least during our cruise, there were not many lounge chairs available - there was a family of chair hogs  the whole cruise - grrr - we were able to sit at one of the tables - it was in the shade but after being in the sun while in the pool I really didn't mind getting in the shade and before anyone thinks I was a table hog lol - we would only be in the pool for 10-15 minutes at a time and then went back to the table.  

2 hours ago, Long Island65 said:

There were lounge chairs up on deck 10 most of the day but around the pool, at least during our cruise, there were not many lounge chairs available - there was a family of chair hogs  the whole cruise - grrr - we were able to sit at one of the tables - it was in the shade but after being in the sun while in the pool I really didn't mind getting in the shade and before anyone thinks I was a table hog lol - we would only be in the pool for 10-15 minutes at a time and then went back to the table.  

Both pools were crowded on sea days, the aft pool less so.  If someone wanders out at 11:30, finding a chair next to the pool will be tough.  That said, after lunch, while not tons of empty chairs, open ones would come and go.

21 hours ago, Treyatl2006 said:

The mods should either close this thread or atleast change the title. The worst ship ever? People are booked on this ship and this thread title is so negative and could spoil peoples trips before they even get on the ship. There nothing wrong with criticizing a ship. But keep the negative salacious comments to yourself.

Why not start a thread that the Sunrise is the best ship. The person who started this thread wasn’t the biggest fan - threads have a way of taking turns some good and some not so good. People who don’t like things can get emotional about them and be very critical. Cruises aren’t always cheap so if you spend good money and are not happy - the comments can be pretty negative. Just life! 

I'm trying not to spend much time on all the negative because people tend to complain about things that I would literally never consider complaining about. i'm pretty easy going that way.  At any rate, i will find out tomorrow if i like it or not because we sail away TOMORROW. i've been waiting quite a while, and no matter what happens, i'm on a ship and not at my work doing drudgery.   will report back when the depression of being back on land semi-passes. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Long Island65 said:

Thank you, More then likely we will be up on 10 anyway for some sun then down to 3 I believe for some shade.

2 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

Thank you, More then likely we will be up on 10 anyway for some sun then down to 3 I believe for some shade.

The area on three I posted in my review outside the lobby is great for that.