Cheer or not to Cheer

Tlyrae

I was looking into getting the Cheers deal due to the fact I can not only get my alcohol but water, juice, etc.  My concern is I am sailing alone with my 2 daughters and while they are off doing their thing I would like to buy a bucket of beer to take to the room and sit on my balcony.  I know it says you can only purchase one drink at a time with the cheers program, but can I buy a bucket with my sail and sign card?  Also I know the specialty drinks of the day are not included, would I be allowed to purchase them separately?

14 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You can’t buy buckets of beers using Cheers but you can buy the drink special of the day using Cheers.  

This is correct except you cannot get it in the souvenir glass, just a regular glass.

I bought a bucket for some new friends in the sports bar. I asked the bartender if I could buy these guys a bucket? He knew i had cheers and charged my card accordingly. Maybe it depends on the bartender.

58 minutes ago, coevan said:

I bought a bucket for some new friends in the sports bar. I asked the bartender if I could buy these guys a bucket? He knew i had cheers and charged my card accordingly. Maybe it depends on the bartender.

This is the most common outcome I have witness. Though most charge you for the 3 others as a round (no bucket discount) and do the 4th as included to Cheers, some (more common when ordering through a wandering server) will charge you at the "normal" bucket price as a sharing drink. Usually once they notice the one ordering has Cheers the servers tend to open all 4 beers.

9 hours ago, maryred said:

Though most charge you for the 3 others as a round (no bucket discount) and do the 4th as included to Cheers, some (more common when ordering through a wandering server) will charge you at the "normal" bucket price as a sharing drink.

"Bartender, I need a beer for me, and a bucket for my four new friends."

2 hours ago, we2lovetocruise said:

Also buy a beer wait 5 min and buy another in 20 min you ask for ice in a bucket and you have your beers for your room! A little planning but works!

I do something similar. If I'm walking past a bar headed back to my cabin, I'll grab a cider or beer and ask for it unopened, and store it in the fridge in my cabin. After a few days, I have several saved up and can either enjoy them on my balcony at my leisure, or I've taken a few into port with me if we're doing a beach day (and not paying for any sort of resort or excursions, like in Grand Turk or HMC). 

13 hours ago, maryred said:

This is the most common outcome I have witness. Though most charge you for the 3 others as a round (no bucket discount) and do the 4th as included to Cheers, some (more common when ordering through a wandering server) will charge you at the "normal" bucket price as a sharing drink. Usually once they notice the one ordering has Cheers the servers tend to open all 4 beers.

I did not have one, I bought 4 guys a bucket of beer, all on my S&S card

23 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You can’t buy buckets of beers using Cheers but you can buy the drink special of the day using Cheers.  

I think you are mixing up "buying" and "getting" for the OP.  If you have Cheers, you have already "bought" it and are "getting" drinks through the package at no extra cost.  If you want something not on Cheers, you have to "buy" it.

1 hour ago, mapman_2004 said:

I think you are mixing up "buying" and "getting" for the OP.  If you have Cheers, you have already "bought" it and are "getting" drinks through the package at no extra cost.  If you want something not on Cheers, you have to "buy" it.

Good point. Order would be a better word to use. 

On 6/23/2019 at 7:36 PM, Tlyrae said:

I would like to buy a bucket of beer to take to the room and sit on my balcony.

You can do it with Cheers.....just order your beers 5 minutes apart, do it with a bartender you have established a rapport with so that he'll hook you up with the bucket and also not open 4 of your beers.

9 hours ago, bitemyfly said:

Will they give you an Unopened Beer if u have cheers?

If you give the bartender a dollar tip.  If he says no, go to another bar.  Do this at the end of the day if you have not hit your 15 so that you can roll them over till the next day and then take them ashore to Amber Cove or Grand Turk or a beach excursion.