Please tell me about Qsine

We will be taking our first Celebrity cruise.  I just attempted to take advantage of the first night discount for Tuscan, only to find the only time available was 10:00.  😕  I went ahead and booked it for night 3, which is our Anniversary.  We are now considering booking Qsine for the 1st night for the discount, but have no idea what to expect.  I know I will love Tuscan because I love steak and pasta.  Is Qsine good?  I am a little on the picky side, although my husband loves a variety of foods.  Do they always have steaks available?  If so, are they as good as the steaks at Tuscan?  

Qsine- now Le Petite Chief is wonderful!  If you are on a ship that is now Qsine-Le Petite chief it is an animated show on your plate!  You see little characters running around preparing your meal- after the dish is "prepared" on your table- your waiter brings it to you.  Sometimes you might want to alter the dish prepared and you are free to do so, however the characters will prepare the pre fixed dish- this is for all courses!

The original Qsine is also wonderful- you can order many small plates of dishes from around the world- you can order as many as you like!  You order using an ipad menu.   Also fun and a great experience. IMO much better then Tuscan grill which is just ok.

Enjoy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Qsine- now Le Petite Chief is wonderful!  If you are on a ship that is now Qsine-Le Petite chief it is an animated show on your plate!  You see little characters running around preparing your meal- after the dish is "prepared" on your table- your waiter brings it to you.  Sometimes you might want to alter the dish prepared and you are free to do so, however the characters will prepare the pre fixed dish- this is for all courses!

The original Qsine is also wonderful- you can order many small plates of dishes from around the world- you can order as many as you like!  You order using an ipad menu.   Also fun and a great experience. IMO much better then Tuscan grill which is just ok.

Enjoy

Thank you!  We will be on the Summit, which I've heard still has the original Qsine.  

What's going on in Qsine depends on the ship you are on. Still the old, fun Qsine on all or most of the M ships. Le Petite Chef on most of the S ships. Not sure about Equinox which never had the old Qsine.

1 minute ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Thank you!  We will be on the Summit, which I've heard still has the original Qsine.  

I'm really not a fan of Tuscan. Some on here like it but quite a few have stated that they found the quality of the beef poor. 

Qsine is fun and quirky. There are many different dishes you can order, so you're guaranteed to find something you'll like. I'd say go for it. Just eat as little as you can on the day before you go so you have room to sample the many offerings they have in there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

We will be taking our first Celebrity cruise.  I just attempted to take advantage of the first night discount for Tuscan, only to find the only time available was 10:00.  😕  I went ahead and booked it for night 3, which is our Anniversary.  We are now considering booking Qsine for the 1st night for the discount, but have no idea what to expect.  I know I will love Tuscan because I love steak and pasta.  Is Qsine good?  I am a little on the picky side, although my husband loves a variety of foods.  Do they always have steaks available?  If so, are they as good as the steaks at Tuscan?  

If this the original Quine, I’m not sure you can get steak, Qsine is a small plate, tapas kind of place with small bites.

If it is La Petit Chef and it is the original menu, it is a fixed menu- bouillabaisse, lobster tail and filet mignonette, with an alternate dish for each course, but the alternates don’t mesh with the show. The filet was the best we had on the ship, but you don’t get a choice like at Tuscan.

There is SO much more variety in the old version of Qsine vs. the new.  La Petit Chef is fun to watch once but the meal follows the show on the table so you select from one 'main' selection and one alternative per course if the main does not appeal to you.  Not much variety in what's offered.  With the old Qsine the choices are endless.

2 hours ago, srdancer said:

What's going on in Qsine depends on the ship you are on. Still the old, fun Qsine on all or most of the M ships. Le Petite Chef on most of the S ships. Not sure about Equinox which never had the old Qsine.

On Equinox they have the LPC version.  They have 2 different shows.  the LPC and the LPC+Friends.  They each have a different menu.  Our friends that went thought the show was cute and said the food was excellent. 

2 hours ago, srdancer said:

The Equinox has Le Petite Chef.  I assume the summits location of Qsine wouldn't work.  It is extremely high and perhaps the technology in the ceiling wouldn't work properly-but we really enjoy Qsine as well as le Petite Chef.  Love the special menu!

Okay, thanks for all your replies.  My husband is leaving the decision up to me because he likes everything.  I think I'm going to go ahead and book it.  We still have about $200 left in online credit, after booking Tuscan.  I guess we can use the rest on wine up-charges from our premium package.  

• Like 1

We don’t enjoy Qsine unless we are with a group 6-8 where trying 7-8 items and sharing them is what made it interesting.  Although they will cut down some items to be more suitable for 2, some dishes aren’t able to be cutdown as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

The key to eating at Qsine is to be selective, regardless of whether you dine there alone or with a dozen other people.

It is a great opportunity to sample lots of different foods, but it is important to eat only the special foods that you really, really enjoy.

They will bring out fillers that you didn't order,  but you can have them taken away. 

Important:  Don't fill up on things like bread, chips, potatoes, soup or salad but save room for the specialties that are unique to Qsine.  

If you take a bite of something and don't care for it,  leave the rest and do not  eat any more of it.

This is definitely not the time to follow grandmother's indoctrination to be a human garbage disposal and eat everything that is on your plate.😃

A mistake that some people make at Qsine is stuffing themselves with fillers, or foods that are only so-so early in the meal, and then finding themselves too full to enjoy the rest of the dishes they ordered.

Qsine offers such a variety of different foods that most people should be able to find at least several dishes they enjoy.   If you pace yourself, you should be able to try all the foods that you order and still have room for dessert at the end of the meal.

Edited by fleckle
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Okay, thanks for all your replies.  My husband is leaving the decision up to me because he likes everything.  I think I'm going to go ahead and book it.  We still have about $200 left in online credit, after booking Tuscan.  I guess we can use the rest on wine up-charges from our premium package.  

Qsine does have a dish which consists of two small filet mignons.  Actually, they are very good.  We went there as a couple and there was too much food.  If you can go with a group such as other cruisers from Meet and Mingle, that would be more enjoyable.

We are no longer fans of Tuscan.  Decline in offerings that we used to enjoy.

• Like 2

We did QSine last year on Silhouette on a TA and it was such a nice change. We enjoyed the fun ways the food was presented and it was tasty. As everyone says be prepared to eat--we tried so many things. We also did Tuscan and the food was good but not over the top. What made our dinner at Tuscan special was that we were right in the center of the aft window of the restaurant at sunset with stunning views of the wake and beautiful sunset skies.  Enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 1

I'm usually too full for dessert so I always get the cupcakes. They are unfrosted, come with several tubes of different flavor icing and several types of sprinkles. I have fun decoating them, then waiter packages them to bring back to cabin for later.

13 hours ago, jelayne said:

We don’t enjoy Qsine unless we are with a group 6-8 where trying 7-8 items and sharing them is what made it interesting.  Although they will cut down some items to be more suitable for 2, some dishes aren’t able to be cutdown as well.

8 hours ago, Katyoparty said:

We did QSine last year on Silhouette on a TA and it was such a nice change. We enjoyed the fun ways the food was presented and it was tasty. As everyone says be prepared to eat--we tried so many things. We also did Tuscan and the food was good but not over the top. What made our dinner at Tuscan special was that we were right in the center of the aft window of the restaurant at sunset with stunning views of the wake and beautiful sunset skies.  Enjoy your cruise. 

Actually my DH only eats the fries and petite filet- but I order multiple dishes and ask for small portions- so I have an opportunity to try all the various  menu items.  Certainly no reason not to go unless you are with 6-8 people.  They work with you. 

Do not miss it if you like to try different things-  Really a great experience and the service is excellent. Come with as many or as few people as you like!

• Like 2

Our experience in QSine on the Silhouette earlier this year was quite different than most of you.  I guess it was the "new" menu on that ship, which was extremely limited.  You pretty much had a choice of the suggested line-up and the optional line-up.  I honestly can't remember much of what we had on the suggested line-up because it really didn't blow our socks off, with the exception of the filet which was excellent (the best piece of beef we had on the ship).  I'm disappointed that we didn't get to experience the "old" QSine, which sounds like it was quite interesting and a lot of fun.  We found the atmosphere in QSine to be pretty subdued and dull, probably because there weren't any fun large parties in there.  That evening it was mostly couples or tables of two couples.  Also, it's (in our opinion) kind of dark and dreary once they get the show going.  We'd heard how much fun the video presentation was and so we were really looking forward to being entertained, but we didn't find it to be at the same level as everyone had built it up to be.  It was OK, but not as long or intricate as we expected with the video/computer technology available these days.  Between the very limited menu and the "Been there, done that" now regarding the video, we're glad we did it once but we would not do it again. 

Again, different strokes for different folks.  We really enjoyed Tuscan Grille and The Porch (seafood) on the Silhouette.  Hadn't planned to go to Sushi on 5, but we ended up going the next to last day of our cruise for lunch, and loved it so much that we went back again on the last day for lunch.  We had the Premium drink package and did some delicious sake tasting in Sushi on 5.   Didn't go to Murano this year.  We did last year on the Eclipse and found the food to be excellent, but no better than that in Blu (and a little overdone and stuffy when it came to service).  However, we probably should have tried them on this last cruise because the service and food in Blu on the Silhouette this year left much to be desired.  Hoping it's back to the level of the Eclipse when we go on our March cruise next year, because we're going to be on the Silhouette again.  

Edited by SunsetPoint

We love Qsine (not the cartoon version of the little chef) on Summit.  Get some advice on what to order from people who have eaten there before.  The best way to experience it is with a group.  If you like the beef there is no problem ordering a number of petit filets.  Tuscan is our least favourite.  Over the years Celebrity has removed all the house specials in Tuscan.  Now it's a steak place that one can experience almost any where.  On summit you really have to look on how to get there.  It's really been designated to an inferior location.... cut down and harder to find... turn left, turn right, past the staterooms, turn right... oh there you are...

My family of 5 ate at Qzine on the first night of our Alaska cruise.  We did it to save a little cash.  

It is an amazing experience   Don't go into it thinking that you are at a steakhouse or italian restaurant.  It is a "food adventure"  We had 10 courses.  I didn't like them all, but some were amazing.  It was a blast tying new things and kicking off the cruise.  Highly recommended.  Plan on 2 hours minimum.  

....and the deserts.    There are no words!!  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SunsetPoint said:

Our experience in QSine on the Silhouette earlier this year was quite different than most of you.  I guess it was the "new" menu on that ship, which was extremely limited.  You pretty much had a choice of the suggested line-up and the optional line-up.  I honestly can't remember much of what we had on the suggested line-up because it really didn't blow our socks off, with the exception of the filet which was excellent (the best piece of beef we had on the ship).  I'm disappointed that we didn't get to experience the "old" QSine, which sounds like it was quite interesting and a lot of fun.  We found the atmosphere in QSine to be pretty subdued and dull, probably because there weren't any fun large parties in there.  That evening it was mostly couples or tables of two couples.  Also, it's (in our opinion) kind of dark and dreary once they get the show going.  We'd heard how much fun the video presentation was and so we were really looking forward to being entertained, but we didn't find it to be at the same level as everyone had built it up to be.  It was OK, but not as long or intricate as we expected with the video/computer technology available these days.  Between the very limited menu and the "Been there, done that" now regarding the video, we're glad we did it once but we would not do it again. 

Again, different strokes for different folks.  We really enjoyed Tuscan Grille and The Porch (seafood) on the Silhouette.  Hadn't planned to go to Sushi on 5, but we ended up going the next to last day of our cruise for lunch, and loved it so much that we went back again on the last day for lunch.  We had the Premium drink package and did some delicious sake tasting in Sushi on 5.   Didn't go to Murano this year.  We did last year on the Eclipse and found the food to be excellent, but no better than that in Blu (and a little overdone and stuffy when it came to service).  However, we probably should have tried them on this last cruise because the service and food in Blu on the Silhouette this year left much to be desired.  Hoping it's back to the level of the Eclipse when we go on our March cruise next year, because we're going to be on the Silhouette again.  

I assume that you dined at the Lawn Club Grill- our favorite restaurants on the Silhouette and Reflection.  Miss that venue on other Celebrity ships.  Not to be missed!

25 minutes ago, evitacruiser said:

Does anyone have a current Qsine menu please?

I'll check with my husband.  He may have gotten a pic of it.  Remember that our experience was on the Silhouette, which is apparently the new, more limited, menu.