Does Sheraton Back Bay charge a resort fee?

17 minutes ago, Sailor Taylor said:

Leaving from Boston and I am seeing an attractive rate on Hotwire and I am 90% sure it's Sheraton in Back Bay.   Just want to make sure they don't charge weird fees.  

My experience with Hotwire is that they quote a base price and add any taxes and fees to create the price they quote you.  If you like the final quote, you buy it.  If you don’t like the final quote, you don’t buy it.

What  date are you looking at?  Back Bay/Copley?  What makes you think it is the Sheraton?  There are a bunch of similar hotels in that area.

1 hour ago, 138east said:

My experience with Hotwire is that they quote a base price and add any taxes and fees to create the price they quote you.  If you like the final quote, you buy it.  If you don’t like the final quote, you don’t buy it.

What  date are you looking at?  Back Bay/Copley?  What makes you think it is the Sheraton?  There are a bunch of similar hotels in that area.

So basically if there is a resort fee It's likely included?  I read the fine prints and they are saying that hotels may charge other fees.  

The dates are Sep 1 to 3 this year.  I think it's Sheraton based on that bed choices and rating score all match Sheraton. 

6 hours ago, Sailor Taylor said:

So basically if there is a resort fee It's likely included?  I read the fine prints and they are saying that hotels may charge other fees.  

The dates are Sep 1 to 3 this year.  I think it's Sheraton based on that bed choices and rating score all match Sheraton. 

Hotwire says it will be the Lenox, Hotel Commonwealth, or the Langham. And if you look at “details”, it says the last person got the Hotel Commonwealth.  Also, it says it’s .2 miles from Fenway Park, which makes the Commonwealth most likely.

Anyway, at $138 it’s a steal regardless of which hotel it is.

Edited by 138east

4 hours ago, 138east said:

Hotwire says it will be the Lenox, Hotel Commonwealth, or the Langham. And if you look at “details”, it says the last person got the Hotel Commonwealth.  Also, it says it’s .2 miles from Fenway Park, which makes the Commonwealth most likely.

Anyway, at $138 it’s a steal regardless of which hotel it is.

i think you found a different one.  The one I am looking at says 4 star Hotel in Copley Square Back Bay, $105, and after priced out $262 for 2 days, checking in 9/1 and checking out 9/3/19.   

i have been sitting on my hands for while checking prices, I already a room booked in Yotel that comes with free cancellation and I think I may jump on this one and cancel the Yotel.  Yotel was a good deal too but still $100 more for 2 days. 

Edited by Sailor Taylor

To answer your question, no, I don't believe this hotel charges the resort fees that Marriott properties have been adding to some of their properties. I know what you're talking about and when they do charge a fee these days its not a sunk cost-- it always includes an F&B credit equal to the fee, plus other benefits like a $50 laundry credit or something like that. 

But I don't believe this Sheraton has that-- its mostly in their top tier former SPG properties like St. Regis and Luxury Collection. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sailor Taylor said:

I took the hot rate and it really is Sheraton.  😁  I would have liked Godfrey better for its location but Sheraton is good too. 

I canceled Yotel.

The Sheraton is fine.  If you get bad weather, there is lots of inside space in the Pru Center and Copley Place.  Personally I like that location better than Washington St.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 138east said:

The Sheraton is fine.  If you get bad weather, there is lots of inside space in the Pru Center and Copley Place.  Personally I like that location better than Washington St.

Oh yeah, I really like the Back Bay area and it's more fun for a true first timer.  It's just we used to live in Cambridge and have been to Back Bay many times but we hardly ever went to the downtown area at all. 

When I mentioned the hotel change to hubby he said is that the one next to Mass Ave? 

14 minutes ago, Sailor Taylor said:

Oh yeah, I really like the Back Bay area and it's more fun for a true first timer.  It's just we used to live in Cambridge and have been to Back Bay many times but we hardly ever went to the downtown area at all. 

When I mentioned the hotel change to hubby he said is that the one next to Mass Ave? 

If you’re referring to the Sheraton, it’s on Dalton Street just down from Mass Ave behind the Hynes Auditorium.  It’s part of the indoor Prudential Center Complex.  The Godfrey is on Washington St just below Downtown Crossing.  IMO not really a “go to” area but acceptable.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 138east said:

If you’re referring to the Sheraton, it’s on Dalton Street just down from Mass Ave behind the Hynes Auditorium.  It’s part of the indoor Prudential Center Complex.  The Godfrey is on Washington St just below Downtown Crossing.  IMO not really a “go to” area but acceptable.

Thanks!  I remember that complex.  A lot of fun and extremely convenient.  

Walking distance to Fenway where we will take a tour ( too bad no home game on our dates! 😿)  and go up on the green monster.  

Will just take the T to downtown and on departure day take a Uber to the port.  

Thanks for posting about this, Sailor Taylor.  We were already booked at the Sheraton at what I thought was a good price (for Boston).  I checked Hotwire - when all taxes were included, the Hotwire price is almost C$100 more (once I convert my original price into CAD).  I played around with the dates and the third night (we're arriving on the 31st), makes a huge difference in the per night cost compared to what you got.  So, I think we will stay with what we have.  But I'm glad I could check it out.  

Perhaps we can meet at the hotel prior to our cruise.

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2019 at 9:44 PM, Sailor Taylor said:

Thanks!  I remember that complex.  A lot of fun and extremely convenient.  

Walking distance to Fenway where we will take a tour ( too bad no home game on our dates! 😿)  and go up on the green monster.  

Will just take the T to downtown and on departure day take a Uber to the port.  

The Fenway tour is great. Plus all the surrounding pubs are open so maybe you can catch an away game with the locals. Book the tour in advance. They fill up quickly. 

A word about the Sheraton rooms. They are very nice but a little on the small side. Also since it’s connected to convention center there’s transient traffic walking around so a very busy lobby. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2019 at 4:52 PM, Alberta Quilter said:

Thanks for posting about this, Sailor Taylor.  We were already booked at the Sheraton at what I thought was a good price (for Boston).  I checked Hotwire - when all taxes were included, the Hotwire price is almost C$100 more (once I convert my original price into CAD).  I played around with the dates and the third night (we're arriving on the 31st), makes a huge difference in the per night cost compared to what you got.  So, I think we will stay with what we have.  But I'm glad I could check it out.  

Perhaps we can meet at the hotel prior to our cruise.

We can most definitely meet at the hotel!  😊   

The deal disappeared for a day or two after I booked but I just checked and it came back.  I will post it in our roll call and maybe some others can use it too.  

15 hours ago, Got2Cruise said:

The Fenway tour is great. Plus all the surrounding pubs are open so maybe you can catch an away game with the locals. Book the tour in advance. They fill up quickly. 

A word about the Sheraton rooms. They are very nice but a little on the small side. Also since it’s connected to convention center there’s transient traffic walking around so a very busy lobby. 

Talk about the tour, I tried to book 6 months ago but turned out they wouldn't let me book until 30 days prior.  I think they are waiting to see if there will be rain check games before they open booking.  I kind of hope for one but it doesn't look there will be any. The Sox will be coming back from road games and start an inter division series.  Not too exciting.   😀😅

An away game in a pub is a great idea!  👍

I just checked Hynes convention center event calendar and there is nothing on labor day weekend.  Probably why the hotel prices are down. 😅 HAL did us a favor scheduling the cruise right after labor day weekend. 

Edited by Sailor Taylor