Complaint.......... not really

160july

We recently  returned from a 7 days cruise on the Miracle. I have loved everything about every single cruise but the  free COFFEE! Whew is that stuff not to our taste. My husband says it is worse than truck stop coffee. Poor me I had to indulge in a cappachino from the coffee shop every morning 🙂 I rarely indulge in coffee shops as I need that cup ASAP in the morning so it was a nice treat very morning! 

I head down to get lattes for the three of us every morning unless it's an early, early port day.  Then we order room service coffee.  It's usually not great, but it is drinkable.  The Lido coffee is generally pretty nasty.  MDR coffee is usually decent.  

It's really funny but everyone's taste buds are different.

I don't like the Lido coffee but not because it is too strong!

In fact I don't even like the coffee in the coffee shop on board! I got a few lattes and then stopped because I just didn't like them.

I went back to dealing with the Lido coffee since I didn't like either one I'd prefer NOT liking a free cup rather than one I have to pay for!!

I like the MDR coffee or room service coffee better even though it is also not great!

Edited by riffatsea

57 minutes ago, 160july said:

We recently  returned from a 7 days cruise on the Miracle. I have loved everything about every single cruise but the  free COFFEE! Whew is that stuff not to our taste. My husband says it is worse than truck stop coffee. Poor me I had to indulge in a cappachino from the coffee shop every morning 🙂 I rarely indulge in coffee shops as I need that cup ASAP in the morning so it was a nice treat very morning! 

Excuse me but I drink a lot of truck stop coffee and I'm not a trucker anymore.its not that bad.worse coffee I ever drank was from Krispy Kreme.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scpirate said:

Excuse me but I drink a lot of truck stop coffee and I'm not a trucker anymore.its not that bad.worse coffee I ever drank was from Krispy Kreme.

My husband says some of the places he stops that a stir stick would stand up straight in the coffee 🙂 Some of course is great. What do I know though.... I dont like Starbucks coffee unless it is jazzed up! Ive never tried Krispy Kreme. 

We always have room service coffee first thing in the morning and it's pretty good. Sometimes the different machines on the Lido can have different tasting coffee, but only tolerable at best. MDR is generally good. On our upcoming cruise, we'll be racing our cruise friends to Starbucks in San Juan for a good cup of Pike Place coffee. 😉

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Erik101 said:

I wish that Carnival would contract with Starbucks similar to Royal.  This is probably the only chain that I wouldn’t mind frequenting during a vacation.  

Starbucks?? Gross i’d Rather the free stuff in the buffet.

6 hours ago, mikenbon said:

We always have room service coffee first thing in the morning and it's pretty good. Sometimes the different machines on the Lido can have different tasting coffee, but only tolerable at best. MDR is generally good. On our upcoming cruise, we'll be racing our cruise friends to Starbucks in San Juan for a good cup of Pike Place coffee. 😉

Yes, we will be racing to Starbucks, but I might accidentally trip you......

10 hours ago, 160july said:

Complaint...........  really!

1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

For me, it takes a couple of days to get use to it.  Then it's not bad.  But I'm not into specialty coffees either.  Just straight black coffee gets me going. 

Agree with you on the black coffee.  It does take getting used to, but free is best.  The best free coffee is MDR, then room service, then lido.  I typically get room service in the morning to be able to drink my Joe out on the balcony before we start the day.

8 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Starbucks?? Gross i’d Rather the free stuff in the buffet.

I know what to expect with Starbucks.  I’m on the Horizon now and tried the coffee at the lido.  Threw it out and went to the Java place instead. 

We do not like the lido coffee I have always thought it was too weak. We tend to drink really strong coffee. Luckily we have cheers and coffee is included with the package so we generally will get our morning fix from the coffee bar. We have found there are the sweetest people working here.  Any one else wonder why they wait so late to put out the fancy muffins in the morning? Keep wanting to try these but by 11 it seems past muffin time.