Reflection Cruise dining room clarifications

newtocruisingcdn

We will be cruising on the Reflection this Fall,, following various strands, comments are made referring to eating at restaurant “A”, then “B”,, must question can someone give me clear direction and to what eating options are included without a surcharge. I fully suspect the surcharged restaurant meals are great...Only interested in direction as what facilities are FREE.

Main Dining Room, Oceanview Cafe (buffet), Mast Grill (near the pool), Aqua Spa Cafe, none of these have an extra charge, although a few items at Aqua Spa may have a charge.  The food (pastries, sweets, desserts) at Cafe al Bacio is included in your cruise price, although the drinks are not.  You do not need to order a drink to get their pastries, etc.

36 minutes ago, newtocruisingcdn said:

We will be cruising on the Reflection this Fall,, following various strands, comments are made referring to eating at restaurant “A”, then “B”,, must question can someone give me clear direction and to what eating options are included without a surcharge. I fully suspect the surcharged restaurant meals are great...Only interested in direction as what facilities are FREE.

I have been on Reflection's sisters, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You will have an assigned dining room based on your class of stateroom - Luminae for suite pax, Blu for AQ class and the main dining room for everyone else. Casual meals are available about 18 hours per day in the OceanView Cafe, which is the buffet.

The Mast Grill looks out over the main pool and serves hamburgers, hot dogs and great veggie burgers. The Aqua Spa Cafe is on the pool deck level but is at the edge of the Solarium, adults only pool, it serves light bites llike half of a wrap and cold Thai noodle salads and ice cream! Cafe Al Bacio is a coffee shop on Deck 5, the specialty coffees and teas you have to pay for, but there is a case of pastries, cookies and cakes - those are free to everyone.

Room service is free for most of the day with a limited, but reasonable menu. You pay for room service overnight.

I think that's it

13 minutes ago, newtocruisingcdn said:

Hi, Reflection is one of our favorite ships, hope this helps.  

Main Dining Room:  breakfast and dinner all days, and believe lunch on only sea days (table service) FYI embarkation lunch in Main Dining Room is for Concierge Class only; 

Oceanview:  breakfast, lunch, tea and dinner, ice cream bar (buffet) ... coffee/tea/juice bar in Oceanview is open 24/7;

Mast Grill:  lunch/early dinner (hamburgers/hot dogs, fries);

Spa Cafe:  breakfast and lunch (small plates) FYI smoothies have a cost unless you have a premium drink package

Room Service: 6:00am -11:00pm (free unless you order a premium option ... I.e., Mimosa, caviar, etc ... they will be marked in the menu);

Blu:  breakfast and dinner if you are in AquaClass;

Luminae:  breakfast, lunch and dinner if you are in a Suite;

Cafe al Bacio:  Cakes and goodies free  6:30am - 12:30am ... Coffee has a charge; 

I also found this confusing - not all the specialty restaurants are available on a ship of a given class. Equinox does not have The Porch or the Lawn Club Grill, Reflection does. Those are up top on Deck15. Reflection does not have the Slush Bar, Equinox does.

I also got confused about which ships are M class and which are S. Most of the discussions here are actually only about 4-5 specific ships, plus Edge, the Far East, Australia and occasional Indian Ocean cruises don’t get as much chatter time.

I wouldn't want all ships to be identical.  Each has there own identity or tries to anyway.  Yes many of the specialty restaurants on all the ships but the Lawn Club Grill is only on 2 of them (Reflection and Silohuette).  BTW my favorite by far of the pay restaurants.  I like both the M class and S class ships but knowing them is always confusing tbh.   I am trying to plan on going on one of the newly refurbished M class (The so called older ships) but they are some of my favorites.  In all truth I like all the ships, a day on cruise is a great day overall I think with Celebrity. 

42 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

I also found this confusing - not all the specialty restaurants are available on a ship of a given class. Equinox does not have The Porch or the Lawn Club Grill, Reflection does. Those are up top on Deck15. Reflection does not have the Slush Bar, Equinox does.

I also got confused about which ships are M class and which are S. Most of the discussions here are actually only about 4-5 specific ships, plus Edge, the Far East, Australia and occasional Indian Ocean cruises don’t get as much chatter time.

Celebrity website has  a great section on dining....which ships have what, costs.  Can also learn about dining packages, advance booking etc...

Website also lists ships in each class and indiv features, plus deck plans.  You can also request a brochure on  the website or link to  view one there as well.

Edited by hcat