Baltic , Norway , Iceland and the U.K. on the Zuiderdam 2019 with photos

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2019 at 10:33 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

Well thank you very much. We were about to move into the more scenic places that we had not seen before .

Have gone through your first cruise, love all the pics and comments, brings back so many memories of our visit to the Baltics. Coincidently we will be back again in July 2020 for another cruise after touring Sweden, Finland and Norway.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Have gone through your first cruise, love all the pics and comments, brings back so many memories of our visit to the Baltics. Coincidently we will be back again in July 2020 for another cruise after touring Sweden, Finland and Norway.

Great , you deserve a marathon medal !  🏅  It should be a great cruise , who are you going with ? We did enjoy Norway and Iceland so that we're going back for week in Norway on the Rotterdam in May . In August we have the Norway , Iceland and Greenland TA back on the Zuiderdam .

4 minutes ago, scubacruiserx2 said:

Great , you deserve a marathon medal !  🏅  It should be a great cruise , who are you going with ? We did enjoy Norway and Iceland so that we're going back for week in Norway on the Rotterdam in May . In August we have the Norway , Iceland and Greenland TA back on the Zuiderdam .

We are doing a fly / tour /cruise package, not sure who the tour operator is at this stage but the Cruise is on Royal's Jewel of the Seas. Last time we were on the NCL Sun in 2010.

6 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We are doing a fly / tour /cruise package, not sure who the tour operator is at this stage but the Cruise is on Royal's Jewel of the Seas. Last time we were on the NCL Sun in 2010.

Not sure where the Jewel of the Seas will make port in Stockholm hopefully near the center of the city . Our first Baltic was on the NCL Dream and they were within walking distance to Gamla Stan which was fantastic .

Thank you so much for another amazing cruise review.  Under the weather all week and I forced myself to rest today which is hard.  I stumbled on your review and it made my rest day very enjoyable.  I don't know what I like more, castles or cathedrals, but I love all wildlife.  Amazing pics and information.  Thank you so much for taking the time.  

12 hours ago, Walt fan said:

Thank you so much for another amazing cruise review.  Under the weather all week and I forced myself to rest today which is hard.  I stumbled on your review and it made my rest day very enjoyable.  I don't know what I like more, castles or cathedrals, but I love all wildlife.  Amazing pics and information.  Thank you so much for taking the time.  

Thank you very much for your many kind words and we hope that you get well soon . I got the flu on the cruise ship that our daughter got married on and I gained a new respect for the flu . I sorry that I don't remember if you saw our Antarctica cruise but here's the link if you didn't :

4 new photos that I edited last night from Antarctica

IMG_0847%202_zpsnviznvep.jpg

Tabular icebergs

IMG_0764%202_zpsobnepqvc.jpg

Ice cubes

IMG_1344%202_zpsvh7eqe7w.jpg

Penguins with a snowball

pen_zpsiokdzccp.jpg

• Like 1

Agreed - I have read your Antartica review and the pictures are stunning .  Especially the penguins.  

I cannot imagine having the flu on a cruise.  I get my flu shot every year and still seem to get the flu every couple of years.  It is the worst.  We flew to Florida last Friday for a long weekend and my allergies went with me and got worse in Florida.  It developed into more all week but I have to work with no sick days.  Feeling better though after my day of rest,

Thank you again for your amazing reviews.  Looking forward to finding you on your next cruise.

10 minutes ago, Walt fan said:

Agreed - I have read your Antartica review and the pictures are stunning .  Especially the penguins.  

I cannot imagine having the flu on a cruise.  I get my flu shot every year and still seem to get the flu every couple of years.  It is the worst.  We flew to Florida last Friday for a long weekend and my allergies went with me and got worse in Florida.  It developed into more all week but I have to work with no sick days.  Feeling better though after my day of rest,

Thank you again for your amazing reviews.  Looking forward to finding you on your next cruise.

Well thank you and we're glad that you're feeling better . We don't have many leaves fall here this time of year but we do have pollen in the air now and in Spring . We both have some allergies and  we stay inside with the AC on during those times . My wife's got really bad and infected when we did a TA in 2015 . We flew for a visit to St. Petersburg and she was hurting in ears . We did find a doctor who fixed her up for a very reasonable fee . 

Next scheduled trips are a TA on the Regal Princess in April followed by a week in Norway on the Rotterdam . We don't do a review until we get home so that we can enjoy the trip and take photos while we're there and then relive it at home . So probably in June . In August we're back on the Zuiderdam for Norway , Iceland , Greenland and Canada . That will be after Labor Day in Boston for a day or two . 

Do you have any cruises planned ?

No cruises for a long while, hopefully 2022.   DH wants to do road trips for a while, he got tired of short port times on Caribbean cruises.  He has agreed to a cruise, probably Baltic, when he retires so we can have more time.  That thing called work interferes.  So, I live vicariously thru cruise reviews and get ideas for when the time comes.  You should see my bucket list notebook of ideas.  I forgot to ask, we usually do private tours, and I saw you did quite a few on this cruise.  Where do you usually look for your private tours? I have looked at CC and TA in the past, and found most good, a few amazing, and just one or two so so.  

I am looking at all of the port stops on an Azamara Ireland cruise, I would love a good long walking tour in Dublin and possibly a half-day one in London if we have time.  The cruise starts in Dublin and ends in Southampton.  I want to try and get tix for Churchill's War Rooms as that is on DH's list, and one of the air museums, so much to see and so little time.

2 hours ago, Walt fan said:

I am looking at all of the port stops on an Azamara Ireland cruise, I would love a good long walking tour in Dublin and possibly a half-day one in London if we have time.  The cruise starts in Dublin and ends in Southampton.  I want to try and get tix for Churchill's War Rooms as that is on DH's list, and one of the air museums, so much to see and so little time.

We're looking at doing the Solent Sky air museum in Southampton .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solent_Sky

We've had good luck with Tours by Locals in the past and that's who we've booked for Cork , Dublin and and Belfast in May .

Thank you so much!  I don't know why I didn't think of them; we used them for a tour in San Francisco, which was one of the best tours we have ever had.  And, I have not heard of this museum, looking it up right now.  I learn so much from posters like you, you are too kind.