Westerdam Gala Nights?

PopPopBear

1 hour ago, PopPopBear said:

Sailing on the the Westerdam June 30-July 7. Anyone know which nights the Gala Nights are scheduled for?

TIA

The following links for When & Where and menus should give you a good idea of the Gala Nights as well as what to expect:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/on-locations-specific-cruises/westerdam-alaska-2019-when-where-northbound

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2/specifc-cruise-lido-and-mdr-menus/hal-7-day-alaska-2019-menus

• Like 1

What about a suggestion of what the men are wearing?   I know it has been discussed many times, but added to this thread will assist us too.

Edited by boards

From HALs KBYG (Know Before You Go) document:

CLOTHING
Most evenings smart casual attire is appropriate.  Shorts, pool/
beachwear, distressed jeans and men’s tank tops are best left to the
daytime and are not permitted in fine dining restaurants.

Gala Nights evoke the grand traditions of cruising as guests dress
to impress for special events on board, including a five-course
gourmet dinner in the Dining Room. On Gala Nights in fine dining
restaurants, collared shirts and slacks are required for gentlemen.
For ladies, elegant dresses, skirts, or slacks are all acceptable.
Jeans, shorts and T-shirts are only allowed in the casual dining
restaurants

'Nuff said, OK?

Sorry to bother.  I do already know about the suit or tux, which I have worn.   On our next cruise  this fall (26 days) I was thinking of dropping the suit and wear just nice shirt and tie and slacks (of course) on the "Gala Night" for my first time.   I just wanted a recent report from someone who has been cruising lately, what they saw, not what the "book says to wear".

Thank you

4 minutes ago, boards said:

Sorry to bother.  I do already know about the suit or tux, which I have worn.   On our next cruise  this fall (26 days) I was thinking of dropping the suit and wear just nice shirt and tie and slacks (of course) on the "Gala Night" for my first time.   I just wanted a recent report from someone who has been cruising lately, what they saw, not what the "book says to wear".

Thank you

On my Eurodam Pacific Coastal in May I saw a few tuxedos (less than ten) at my early dining.  The rest evenly split between jackets and just polo shirts.

The same was true for my Westerdam land cruise earlier this month.

Edited by Crew News

We just got off the Westerdam (July 16-23).  Formal nights for us were Monday and Friday.  I tried looking around at clothing but frankly who really cares.  Three or the four men in our group wore suits with ties.  I did not see any tuxes but did see one bow tie!  Most men were in dress pants and collared shirts.

Women wore nice dresses with sandals or flats (I wore my "little black dress") or dress pants and nice blouses. 

On my first cruise I fretted so much about formal nights, I almost made myself ill.  Just go with what feels good on you and don't worry about the rest.