When to tip your steward.

wowzz

1 hour ago, K32682 said:

One is never entirely certain in each instance whether it works but the practice and other tactical use of gratuities has proven successful time and time gain whether it's cabin stewards, maitre d's, bellmen, etc. The odds are most definitely in my favor. 

I suppose that “etc.” includes “tips” which improve the odds of getting kids into colleges which would not ordinarily accept them.

Advance “voluntary” disbursements made with the hope or expectation of getting better treatment are bribes.

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:39 AM, wowzz said:

First of all, this is not a thread about should you tip, how much do you tip, why should I tip etc.

After an exchange on another forum,  I would be interested to hear the opinions of experienced cruisers as to when is the appropriate time to tip your steward, assuming you may wish to leave a tip.

Do you tip at the start, during, or at the  end of the cruise ?

I obviously have my own thoughts,  but would welcome the opinions of others. 

We tip daily as per the auto gratuities, we then sometimes tip some extra at the end of the cruise.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, K32682 said:

No.

Precisely right.  The sanctimonious will defend making a facilitation payment to a nameless, faceless corporation or even a government for better service but become angry and insulting at the suggestion of doing the exactly the same thing to the person who is actually providing the service. 

And you calling the people you jump over with your bribes "sanctimonious" is truly funny!! I did not know this was the comedy section of Cruise Critic!!! 🤣

Edited by SantaFeFan
  • Thanks 1